What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

< Let's take a looksee at my new AeroGarden >

G

There are some Pics here in collage form. Hope you like them.

First off, this is NOT AERO by any means. It's a NICE drip system that holds 1 gallon of water. Ive seen this thing with some Toms growing and it seems pretty capable.

I want to mod it with a larger CFL, the two 26w bulbs ... ehhh.

There is NO info on the ferts! This pisses me off. But I guess this is built for a set it and forget it- inexperienced person.

Ive put in the "when you plant the AeroGarden" tablets. But I dont think that I will be using them anymore. If things pop off, it's PBpro for my herbs.

The cups seem to be reusable for the DIYer, there is some foam sponge inside. One could easily go mediumless. Seeds of change (organic vegetable seed company) has some container size bellpeppers that I want to try next time...

one day I want to do a 4 plant-clone- straight to flower- scrog just to see how it handles the girlies.

The manifold is well constructed it's kind of hard to see in the pic but you can make it out if you look closely. I blotted out where the holes are too.
The pump is adjustable! This could be usefull

Peace,
Das

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
It guarantees harvest in like 50 some odd days...

Saw one at a Linens N Things the other day....

Could be fabricated very easily.......

G

yes and no

yes and no

hedphlegm said:
Is that a seed propagator or something similar?
Good Idea Hed.

It is small. But it's bitter than it looks. My Mother-in-Law picked one up for me because she knows of my love for Hydroponics. I love it. It's like a toy. My daughter will learn a lot from it too.

Ill keep pics up dated, I just have the seeds it came with. This ought to be eF eU eN.:chin:

Last edited:

chosen

Veteran
I know that this will sound horrible. So, I apologize now. It's great to use as a learning tool for your daughter. Yet, as for growing weed. It will act comparable to soil container in terms of how frequently you will need to water that system. IT's a great intro to hydro and an amazing scam in terms of introducing people to hydro. IT's a misleading system for those who think that they'll be able to just grow tons of veggies in those things have been tricked. I work in a hydro store. For the price those systems really aren't worth it. They do look nice though.

G

Chosen, I totaly agree with you. Now do you think that I would buy one of these myself? Hell NO. My M-I-Law had to have one and offered to buy one for me. I said yes. It is total misrepresentation of "aero" and I was dissapointed.

For the same money, I could have gotten the new GH 1x1 EbbnFlo. That is a mini system worth 100 IMO. But I could build somthing way better, like that Cooler Vertical systme, and had more plants and bigger ones at that...

In a couple of months Im going to order some 100% Auto flower strain, and LST and see how they fair.

Peace

sous

Good Ole Aergarden

Good Ole Aergarden

I picked up the aerogarden about a year ago, and have had some mixed results. While the aerogarden is terrific when used to germinate seeds, however, I feel like the aerogarden may be lacking if you want to simply throw seeds in, and find some delicious pot in 2 months...

Don't use the nutrients that came with it, go buy some quality organic nutes and watch your plants eat happy.

If you're into CFLs (you may want to add a couple 100w bulbs to boost lumens as the stock lights just don't do it) and want to have a nice lil grow that doesn't yield much...the aerogarden is simple, fun, and a great way to do it...

If you feel at all confident in your DIY skills, then I would highly suggest making your own grow-box, and simply use the design of the aerogarden (or ask the owner of one of the many fine & custom systems that you can see online)

Its a cool idea, but not as cool as marijuana being legal. We should work on that first.

inflorescence

Veteran
I knew it would be just a matter of time before some head like me saw one of those in the store and thought :lightbulb: lets grow some weed. :)

G

i watched an infomercial on them and they are a cool toy as chosen said. they are not aero like they claim, and for price, the size and light it could be much better.

slacker

just got one for free and found a setting that leaves the ligt and pump on 24/7. just put clones in it .what te heck

G

Slacker, which one do you have? Is it the latest one?

I would love to modify this thing and make it awsome, but I just want to see how many different things I can grow in it just how it came.

So far Ive grown Chamamile, <sp<, and now growing small bell peppers for container gardens. Show some pics as they develop as they're only 4" tall now.

I grew some tomatoes in one of those last year, well the tomatoes never came... the plants got too heavy and fell over when they were about a foot tall. I did put a weed seedling in there that I was getting rid of anyway, and it EXPLODED with growth. Those little nute pellets had the water at 1350ppm, and ph stayed steady at 6 the whole time.

Ended up chucking all the plants as it was just a bathroom sink experiment, and plus you cannot control the light schedule except to switch it to their pre-defined settings, none of which are 12/12. :bashhead:

G

ONE OF MY BUDDYS GAVE ME A CALL AND TOLD ME HE WAS IN TARGET AND WAS THINKING OF PICKING ONE OF THOSE AERO THINGS, AND I TOLD HIM DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY YOU COULD MAKE THAT SHIT!

THOSE THINGS JUST LOOK GOOD, BUT DOES NOT REALLY DO THE JOB ! TO SMALL AND A BIG WASTE OF MONEY!

SORRY IF I CAME OFF WRONG BUT THATS HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT.

BlindDate

Veteran
As a piece of hydro gear, it's a joke, but, a nice gift for grandma. Maybe someone will grow Lowrider in it if they can modify for a 100 watt HPS.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
its perfect for some to have on the kitchen counter and have few herbs growing in it or some cut and come again lettuce-i presume that is its real intended function, Ive been seeing them on fleabay....
Probably not great for flowering but ppl have made all kinds of stuff work so who really knows..... maybe with just one plant and a screen diy'd for it??
Great gift for granny tho as was said

treehugger

on advice from a friend, i picked up an "aerogarden deluxe."

just came out.

pretty sweet- it has 3 high-output t-5s and hight can go up to 24".

gets those roots rocken quick. i wanna see what someone does with a screen of green with these things.