What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see your frostiest bud!! part 2

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dubble banana mango haze
DSCN5883.JPG

Dabbert Globberfield

Amber trichomes at 37 days🤔
Maybe? Could be camera tricks. This is my first grow and I didn't get a loupe or magnifier yet since I figured harvest was still a few weeks off, so I couldn't absolutely confirm(it does look it though). But they're frosty girls, I don't have anything to compare them to. Even if there are amber trichomes won't the buds and leaf continue to form and produce new clear trichomes leveling out the overall clear/cloudy/amber ratio?

In some places, the trichomes are so thick it's like a resin paste/gel on the leaves at the base of the trichome stalks. I need a better camera.

I mean I'm allowed a few ambers in all this? there's just so many. I can't even take a picture of these without my hands getting sticky from just putting them in the tent. lol

20230126_071935153.jpg

20230126_003813663.jpg

20230124_103530614.jpg

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Yes they are frosty, I'm saying they seem more like 50+ days based on seeing amber trichomes. Like they are almost finished an ready for harvest. Did you start counting flower when they started to show hairs/bud or the day you flipped 12/12?

Dabbert Globberfield

Yes they are frosty, I'm saying they seem more like 50+ days based on seeing amber trichomes. Like they are almost finished an ready for harvest. Did you start counting flower when they started to show hairs/bud or the day you flipped 12/12?

:D lol I don't know, King. I changed the lights on 12/19... so as of this moment, flower started 38 days ago? First signs of flower after flip were on 12/25-12/26. I really think the camera may be messing with the image. But without magnification I can't say for sure.

The plants definitely don't look like they are ready as a whole. Plus if there are amber ones, they are leaf trichomes and I read that a better way to determine ripeness is by looking at the calyx trichomes? I hope there isn't more amber than should be at this stage, the buds still have to beef up!

I think I'll look into a magnifier or loupe now, just to confirm. Plus it does seem like that time ;)

Dabbert Globberfield

Amber trichomes at 37 days? 🤔
:groupwave: :good::laughing: Ok, when you right, you right :laughing: :good::groupwave:

The digital microscope arrived pretty quick and it looks like there are a bunch of amber ones on the leaves. Way way less on flowers, I have a hard time seeing them on the actual buds. I have no idea how that is going to fare for the rest of the grow, but I feel a deep stoning on the horizon.

These were not easy to get lololololol. I'm still learning how to use it to take good pics. I would have posted more, but these are the clearer ones.

First two are leaves, last one is calyx/flower
1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
There are some 50day strains, or possibly your off a week with start of 12/12?? I always mark my calendar so I can constantly check what day it is lol.

I think she's a treasure. Tasty and potent. From seeds I made years ago I've grown plenty of them. It's SSH, Skunkman Skunk haze, Williams wonder and sour bubble. They are getting old I'm going to run through them for selections and refresh the seed stock and get the beans out into other gardens.

Bubble Skunk Haze #DLT or deep lime tang
picture.php

:tiphat:much love to my fellow gardeners.
Now those are genetics everyone needs in their gardens!! 👀👍