What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

moe

what do u think about the white portion on leaf (on the left leaf and
the low leaf)
dsc00013dp8.png

G

they are really difficaint i tryed putting them in a soil mix to get them back to health but they lasted to long in the pots with no nutriants the mix was, black gold/light warrior they have been neglected due to lack of food and care there 46 days old and i just been watering them lightly if you could help that would be great the ph of the water is off the main tap wich is 8 i got d lime in there but don't know if it's really working i got it at 1tbls. per gallon of soil my room temps are 75 to 80 with a RH of 46%

izoobal

Hey guys..i dont have pictures but this is the problem i am experiencing growing these lovely plants for the first time.
Indoor growing, organic soil-mix, 400w-HPS, plants are in a 1mx1m built "box" 2m high
night temp 19C, day 25C, in 22liter pots
i have three plants...and the first one which is growing much faster than others (36cm now) has started to get yellow tips of the oldest leaves...it looks like they are dry and the edges of leaves were turned upwards (this plant is 70cm away from lights)
but these first set of leaves are the only ones who are yellowish on the tips..
i discessed the issue with some growers and they said it must be Mg problem od too little nutrients. I used epsom salts and fush mix fertilizer 12,5ml per 10liters (on box it says 20-50ml.
I added and after 5 days problem is still there, but the plant is otherwise growing successfully! PH level of water is 6,5 and soil about the same...i am using those shity testers for now ( i am getting digital meter soon)
i dont water all the way to the bottom though. Its usually 500ml every 2-3 days
Can you tell me what could the reason for those yellow tips are (the oldest leaves only)
Thanks,
I.

anna

my three plants are not doing so well, two have the rams horn leaves, curled under and starting to get brittle to touch. the ph has been between 5-7 to 5-9, flora nova bloom, 350 to 400 ppm. Any ideas, they are a drain and flood system, last plants did well this way, can't figure these three out though, they are also bagseed! Could it be the seeds genitics coming out?{bad seed} Plants are two and half months old, and I have flushed them as soon as I saw the claw like leaf? Any suggestions, thanks anna

izoobal

Yellow tips of older leaves

Yellow tips of older leaves

So again....
This is one of the three plants...the oldest one (1 month)...Julia:)
400W HPS
grown in 1mx1m 2 m high "mylar cage"
night temp 19 day 25C
soil-organic mix
problems begin with yellowing of the older leaves (on the end-tips)
which i have trimmed off
Now the tips of the next set is starting to become yellowich and curl slightliy upwards
i am adding 20ml/10 liters water of fish fertilizer and 1 teaspoon epsom salts per gallon of water
the plant sort of stopped growing the last few days

What could be the problem?

plumpm0nkey

OUTDOOR GROW

OUTDOOR GROW

I have 3 foot plant that has a healthy color and nice and bushy, but the leaves are only 3 fans? im using foxfarm big veg for nutes. but i just started to use it about a week ago, is this because of some sort of nutrient deficiency?

G

Need help with rooted clones

Need help with rooted clones

My rooted clones are really slow growing. The stems are red/purpleish, but are returning slowly to green. Is this usually phosperous def? If so does this mean I could step up my nute levels a bit to increase some phos.? Sorry no photo I have recently put my next clones into some small bubblers. I am keeping ppms @ 850-950 +- with grow type nutes. My water starts @ 275 so it is hard. Just seems like they are really draggin ass for some reason. Ph keeps climbing between top off too. If I leave it at 5.5 it will be 6.5 the next day. I'm starting to think the small amount(1Qt)of water in each bubbler causes the water to react that way. Still haven't figured that out yet...

I have remedied this problem since I posted...The first thing I did was drop my ppm to under 700 and made sure my nutes were balanced to provide the right amount of NPK. The stems are now showing good vigerous growth with green stems and nice healthy looking green leaves. Today is the 11th so it didn't take long after I changed the formula for it to show results. Thanks to a thread I read from here.

Last edited:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
izoobal said:
So again....
This is one of the three plants...the oldest one (1 month)...Julia:)
400W HPS
grown in 1mx1m 2 m high "mylar cage"
night temp 19 day 25C
soil-organic mix
problems begin with yellowing of the older leaves (on the end-tips)
which i have trimmed off
Now the tips of the next set is starting to become yellowich and curl slightliy upwards
i am adding 20ml/10 liters water of fish fertilizer and 1 teaspoon epsom salts per gallon of water
the plant sort of stopped growing the last few days

What could be the problem?

Instead of epsom salt, see if you can find CAL-MAX, it is made by Grotek-- It is a supplement for Magnesium, Calcium, and Iron--
I was going crazy thinking I had a Nitrogen prob...and this stuff fixed it right up--

pezzy

plumpm0nkey said:
I have 3 foot plant that has a healthy color and nice and bushy, but the leaves are only 3 fans? im using foxfarm big veg for nutes. but i just started to use it about a week ago, is this because of some sort of nutrient deficiency?

Do you know the strain?? Are they fat leaves? I believe that is an Afghani trait, which would be Indica. I have seen a 3 leaf defect in a blackberry kush that I had and OG kush will have that trait. I was told from a botanist once that a 3 leaf defect indicates higher potency. I do know that my blackberry kush was killer!! Sounds like something for Mithbusters!!! haha!!

DOS

Spots, yellowing...? NO clue whats wrong....

Spots, yellowing...? NO clue whats wrong....

From clone.
Really long veg(50+days).
Soil FoxFarm Ocean Forest with added perlite.
Nutrients, FoxFarm used TigerB, BigBLoom, OpenSessame,BeastieBudz so far, with Botanicare Sweet for Carbs.
5 gallon bucket with plenty of holes drilled in the bottom and some on the sides.
600wdigital HPS hortilux eye 12" from tops, in a AC hydrofarm daystar with 800+ cfm stanley fan.
Temps are ambient with out side of the 4x4x8ft growroom.

I thought it was a pH problem, or nutrient overdose. SO I flushed really good and checked the ph and adjusted it to around 6.8 moving towards 6.5 on my next feeding. I really have no idea, it seems to effect the larger fan leaves first. I haven't seen any pests, that could be suspect. I feel like i'm trying to out run the problem... Still losing leaves, I've tried flushing, correcting the pH, etc... It also seems to only be on the White RHino? New growth looks good as you can see, so i've stopped trying to correct the situation, but if you look close you can see it starting onthe newer larger fan leaves...

plumpm0nkey

my outdoor and indoor plants leaves are starting to dry up when the plants where starting to flower. what the hell!!

ive never grown before

G

purple brown spots on leaves and spreading

purple brown spots on leaves and spreading

Hi, I just checked outdoor wonder diesel bush, and the leaves have this brown specking all over. It just showed up in the last 2 days.

Plant is in week 3 of flower

AlaskaGrows

Floro Joe said:
My hairs are turning red 3 weeks into bud.What could be causing this?

that is your plants just growing to be mature ladies :joint: some people use it to tell when to harvest but the best way to tell is by looking at the resin glands (trichomes) and waiting until most are amber in color.

plumpm0nkey said:
my outdoor and indoor plants leaves are starting to dry up when the plants where starting to flower. what the hell!!

ive never grown before

are you over fertilizing your plants?

under watering?

i need more info to figure anything out.

vapor-eyez-er said:
Hi, I just checked outdoor wonder diesel bush, and the leaves have this brown specking all over. It just showed up in the last 2 days.

Plant is in week 3 of flower

have you checked your ph? looks like a slight deficiency, could be due to a nutrient lock-out caused by low/high ph. or u just dont have a enough of a certain nutrient. if i had to guess i would say calcium.

hope i helped some of you

AG

-posted this in the "continuation" thread but I guess it should go here

Anyone recognize this? From the other thread it looks like N def, given the clawing of the leaves and yellowing, but I use MG tomato, which is like 24-6-18, iirc. I would have thought if anything I was getting too much N. I went ahead and flushed it any way since I picked up some organic nutes from the local head shop. Just wondering if I'm on the right track with the N thing or not, thanks.

Spaventa

Veteran
Hi, in the o/p, under Nitrogen... it says that you can tell n def from mg def cos n def starts at the tips of leaves and Mg yellows evenly...but under Mg, in the second post, it says MG def starts in the tips too...I'm confused! which is it? Ive looked at a dozen nutrient problem type pages and just see contradiction after contradiction...it seems to me that diagnosing plant nutrient problems is not an exact science at this time.

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
WTF is wrong with these leaves/ my plant!?!?!

WTF is wrong with these leaves/ my plant!?!?!

ok here they are:

MEDIUM:
-the plants are in promix BX/ff ocean forest/ worm castings/ perilite
-2gl pots

HISTORY:
- i was watering with water pH' ed at 8.0 with a liquid tester i didn’t think to test until i was around the 10th-12th watering.
-i was going away for 7 days, went into a panic about watering and tried to setup an "I.V." to water the plants (the IV didn’t go into the plants, they were staked into the soil). this was also b4 i tested the water and i had some slight flooding going on, then the leaves really started to change color
-last couple of waterings i have been pHing the water since there is not lime in the soil and am now feeding with water pH'ed to 6.0, molasses, and 5-10-2 supertea every 2-3 days, depending on how the pots feel.

Now , the plants are doing well in the sense of new growth and budsites. i noticed some trichomes forming the other day, so i can only assume that things are going well to some degree since i see pistils and trichomes (thank you GOD!!!)

i have so far top dressed the soil with some blood/bone meal and a little more wormcastings. i was thinking about maybe making a tea or crushing up some of the garden lime i have and feeding with that next time. BUT b4 i make any more moves to try and play doctor with my only flowering SUPER SILVER HAZE, i figured i would "bring them to the hospital" so to speak.

can ya help a concerned father out with his babies please!?!??!

OH YEAH! for my next grow, i have a batch of PROMIX-BX/ FF OCEAN FOREST/ FF LIGHT WARRIOR/ BLOOD-BONEMEAL/GARDEN LIME/ COURSE PERLITE. now with this mix i was hoping to be able to just water and let tehm do their thing, and mybe add some supertea during flowering and molasses every other watering from veg through to flower. does thsi sound like a sound soiless mix? is there anythig i need to add for a more stabel soil enviornment

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
is this thread looked after or what?

is this thread looked after or what?

i had some picks up of some seriously damaged leaves. i mean multicolored and the whole nine yards, dont resemble ANYTHING i have seen in the sick plants threads. i just want to know, does any one person really look at these things or is it viewer driven?

if viewer driven then who knows when youll get a response, but if its moderated, then where are the responses/pm's?

***now let me be clear, since we are online and no one can see anyone else, i just want to know what to expect, thats all***

i am not one of these people that go into a hissy fit when i dont "get served" but if anything i do like to know what to expect from something/one that i am involved with. once i know where i stand , then i know how to react. just lookin to see how this thing are run and what expect from it.

BIG

Do you know, how can I solve this problem ?the first pic. I think is white rhinno, not shore, the second is malauiXskunk, they are on my balconi, and just started to flower, I know it is low on P beacouse of high usage of N fertilizer during veg. (lockdown) , so i flushed the roots with water and replanted them in a biger pot, and at first it looked better, now it is happening again, I cant use P, beacouse the soil is new and full of nutritiens, i gave it just a little and tips of the leavs burned, anyone know what I should do ?