What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's make Combo (a mix of hash and bud)

99%

I call it Combo, it's a combination of ground up bud and hash and it's easy to make, great to smoke, way stronger than bud and way more economical than making hash out of the bud.

I like to smoke pure dry sift, but I burn through my little harvests way too quick if that's all I smoke, so mostly I smoke lots of bud but sometimes combine bud and hash into a solid form, which is something I never see or read about. I'm not talking about sprinkling a little dry sift on a bowl or joint, this is about making a bud/hash smoking mix

You can combine any type of hash with bud. Firstly clean up the bud by removing all the stems, leaves etc, grind it up and combine the hash with ground up bud. You can use dry sift, Iso hash, Ice water hash, hand rubbed charas (which you can also get from dry material, see my previous post) etc. ..but I prefer dry sift or charas combined with bud, I almost always combine dry sift and bud from the same plants

You need to add enough resin so the bud can be compressed into a solid form, not a crumbly lump...you can use a press, but I just use my thumb pressed into my palm to knead the resin and bud into a solid. I like it to end up being a flexible black lump when warm, so I use lots of dry sifted resin but you should experiment with it, you can also make a combination with mostly bud too, just see what works best for you.

For example if you have an ounce of bud, separate eg 10 grams of the best buds, then grind it up and remove every stem and leaf then set this aside. the other 18 grams can be dry sifted and the resin set aside, the sifted material can quick soaked in alcohol to separate the remaining resin. Then combine the 10 grams of ground up bud with dry sifted resin (and the hash oil if you did this). You will end up with up to half an ounce of "combo".

I like this cross between smoking bud and hash, way less plant material is burned and it's stronger than the bud it came from, it stretches out your supply while you get much less gunked up with tar. It's easier to conceal and transplant too.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dispensaries have been selling similar products for years now.

Look for moon rocks & caviar...

99%

Thanks MJPassion, that's news to me, but then again, I live half a world away from the nearest dispensary.

I just read up on moon rocks and it's not the same thing as it's a bud that has been dipped in oil then dry sift, what I described above is a combination of dry sifted resin and ground up bud (hash oil is not needed, but can be used as well)