What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lets have a death star thread! Come on in!

LG... lol man, i know your trying real hard to be nice bro, however shoot it straight man.. your not gonna hurt my feelings man.. the only thing that will stop me from sending you roses is if you f*** my girl! lol
to much butt sniffen on these damn forums bro! if you cant tell the truth then get off the porch! lol

I'm actually not really TRYING to be nice. I am just a nice guy, lol. :cathug:Like I said, I know you do work with some amazing genetics and you definitely are one hell of a grower. But trust me, I'm not out to please anyone, but there seriously hasn't been a good representation of the finished product up yet and that's what I was trying to express more than anything.

I just felt the need to explain my way of taking photos since it was brought up, and I didn't know if it applied to me or not but I am friends with dani, and she does some amazing work as well, but she consulted me before she even took the pics because she really doesn't know how to get a decent shot. Not her fault, just not great with camera's.

I take all this very seriously as well, and have been close to the people who created this strain, but in no way would I ever claim it is the best strain in the country or world or whatever, but in my book it does deserve quite a bit of respect for how amazing it truly is, and even going out to California and checking out the clubs, smoking tons of samples of different strains, and I still really respect this strain, and all I was saying about the DeathStar crosses coming out in Cali was I was really surprised when someone posted about the 'DS Kush' and they were going on about how amazing it was, and I thought it was interesting that it was actually the least sought and least liked cross/cut of DS.

Just saying, I highly doubt you'll be disappointed when you get it all finished. I have tons of respect for ya Jro, but I'm just trying to explain that there hasn't been a single picture that has really shown me what I know to be the DS, except Dani's shot, but like I said she's just doing the best she can with what she's got and with no real knowledge of photography.

I take all of this very seriously, and I know what your workin with right now, but I highly doubt you'd be disappointed with your finished DS cuts. That's all. You make good points that no one has really taken any good shots and it's true, if I hadn't worked with it and smoked it, I would be sent astray by these pics to.

Looks like the DS is doin well in your garden, I'm sure it'll do even better in your bowl.

-LIG

MagniKhan

Veteran
Mag... im in my 40's man... been doing this longer than most... i see your the site public pretender so i will not turn this into a pissing match. if some of the pics are yours in this thread... well, you know!

Wow, you defend your antics like a child. So I point out that you were in fact trying to be "rude" and now I'm the "site public pretender".. I don't believe your in your forties, at lest not by your post. You can't seem to articulate yourself without resorting to name calling or put downs.

And one more thing, So if I don't have a pic in this thread I should not enjoy it or read it? Grow up.
This is the last I'll say on this, the thread has been hijacked enough.

J

jrosek

you should walk away.. you started with the direct insults man.. i can be rude, really rude, not like im being nice here. so... I could care less what you say, when you have something valuable to offer.... post it, until then, its time for a new tampon!
im done with this thread as well... death star in the toilet.........

Oh, you mean this pheno?

Oh, you mean this pheno?

Oh, so you're talking about this pheno, the more sensi star leaning phenotype, and not the phenotype shown in high times feb 2010. No worries, I have both.

Attachments

• deathstar.jpg
    deathstar.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 39
  • deathstarsensipheno.jpg
    deathstarsensipheno.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 44
  • ds sensileaning.jpg
    ds sensileaning.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 44
So I've asked around, and did a little search. Found that a member over at T*Cfarmer, had taken some excellent pictures of the DeathStar.

Now for a real cured picture of True Ohio DeathStar.
picture.php

All credit goes to G.F. Greens at T*Cfarmer for the photo.

This is the best example your gonna find online about the true finished product of the DeathStar. I'll try to get some better pics after my run is finished, but that won't be for a little bit.

-LIG

Oh, so you're talking about this pheno, the more sensi star leaning phenotype, and not the phenotype shown in high times feb 2010. No worries, I have both.

Just curious how you got a different phenotype?? there is only ONE Ohio DeathStar pheno, it has been the same selected cut since 2001. Now there is also the DeathStar bX ECSD and also DeathStar x Hindu Kush. But All of them, only have a single phenotype, as they have been clone-only from the start, so how would the genetics change? How can a clone-only have a different phenotype?

Unless you are growing some magical seeds that haven't been made yet, I'm not sure how you would do this. Just Curious.

There has only ever been one pheno in the area where it was bred and born. So how can there be more than one? I'm really interested in hearing about this, although, I sorta see some resemblance to the OH DS cut but it still doesn't look like the original.

-LIG

D

danimarie193

Take into consideration this is still with my cell... but here's a better picture guys

picture.php

Herbalremedy

Here... best pics yet IMO. Apologies for taking so long to post, I am easily distracted by more reputable, informative, and mature cultivation collectives. I still love icmag though!

Attachments

• DStar1.jpg
    DStar1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DStar2.jpg
    DStar2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DStar3.jpg
    DStar3.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 29
  • P6120036.jpg
    P6120036.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 31

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
My god! I leave for a couple weeks for a family emergency and my thread gets hijacked?? Fuck you ass in the jroser, you have no idea what ive been going thru latley and the last thing i need is some fucking ego driven, trolling pot snob on an internet forum jacking up my thread. I could give two shits how long you been growing, or what strains you have. IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING GOOD TO SAY, THEN DONT SAY IT AT ALL! Your an old ass fart, you should know this kind of stuff at your age. People like you serioulsy piss me off! How do you just come into a thread and start dissing everything its about? Did you really think that people werent going to take offense to your first post....? I know people like you who just like to start shit because they think they are big shit, especially when drunk. Its usually guys that are under 5'5" with LMS (little man syndrome), a trash stash, kswiss sneakers and a flat billed ballcap with the sticker still on it. Ring a bell? This thread has gotten too far to be locked up now so my rant is over. I want you outta here dude, dont even bother responding to this. We are all sorry that we each dont have a 1000 dollar camera with macro lens to suit your ungodly needs. Suck on my JAGGGON!!:tiphat:

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Lifeisgrowing and danimarie, good to see ya again! so this pic wasnt good enough...? I think its at least as good if not better than GF Greens pic. Cant beat the coloration and resin content. Plain white backround, natural light. Just how jroser likes it lol! Now i just need go buy the hubble telescope to get the image quality up to his standards. I will be on the phone with nasa in the morn.

J

jrosek

Lifeisgrowing and danimarie, good to see ya again! so this pic wasnt good enough...? I think its at least as good if not better than GF Greens pic. Cant beat the coloration and resin content. Plain white backround, natural light. Just how jroser likes it lol! Now i just need go buy the hubble telescope to get the image quality up to his standards. I will be on the phone with nasa in the morn.

lmao...your a clown man. im laughing at you and your sorry ass thread/grow... understand? lol

Flying Goat

Jrosek - Please don't be an ignorant prick & destroy a thread that was intended for good purposes...

We're all happy you're such a killer shutterbug, but this forum is about a plant, not about people or our talents...

You reveal too much of yourself, sir, when you refer to a "sorry-ass thread/grow."

Please join a forum at a photography site, or at least stop the trolling & bashing going on in here!

It is most disconcerting to those of us who are here to learn and/or enjoy the forums...

:moon:

I invite you to bash me at your leisure, which apparently, you have plenty of...

However, please do some of us the courtesy of starting another thread for that particular purpose...

:tiphat:

Lone Wolf

Veteran
Lone Wolf - Awesome colors & clarity in your pix. If this is your personal grow, rep++++, man!

whats up goat, those are not pictures of my grow - i quoted those pictures from the other guy who put the pictures here in this thread!

thanks for the rep tho... i honestly think the plants that I quoted look like they were infested with mites, and mal nourished...

Lorenzo

anybody grown some big deathstar bushes/trees? i've got one girl thats been veggin close to two months, trained out about 3x3 now. going to be a lb'er fo sho

kingdome

you all just dissed jrosek like that and you all need to get a clue that joined in like retards. dude grows better and harder than all of you who chimed in against him like girls without a clue, grow the fuck up he was trying to have an adult conversation abt the strain and you guys cried bc your pics suck and samples of deathstar sucked. glad you helped a much better contributer than yourself to the site leave... assclowns

smurfinherb your fucked in the head and flying goat you dont know what your talking about. period

@Kingdome, I agree completely that people might not realize the type of work and strains that Jrosek is used to working with. I think people might have misunderstood his sarcasm and his very blunt manner of speaking. I think it is wrong that he was kicked out. But this forum is alot more laid back than most and most people don't have really 'adult' conversations, they usually try to be respectful, and I think that it's just not what people are used to.

Dani and Smurfin are great people in reality, but they did the best with what they could to try and represent the strain, and as far as info, I believe they most definitely provided good info on what the strain is like and the big thing is everyone grows differently, and this thread isn't a contest on whose got the best pics or the best growing skills, it is about how amazing this strain really is if done properly. The thread was started by people who have been smoking the strain for a long time now, and we do know that it is quite a gem, I personally am one of those people. I don't think Jro will be disappointed in the end, but of course I could be wrong.

The point is, if done properly, this strain is sure to impress and provides excellent pain relief and anxiety relieving qualities and can get ya pretty medicated pretty quickly.

Everyone needs to just chill out and remember this is just a discussion about this, until now, very rare strain that many in it's homeland have held closely and enjoyed thoroughly, and still do.

Everyone take it easy, and smoke some DS. That's the best way to know for sure and if ya do, ya probably won't really bitch to much.

-LIG

you all just dissed jrosek like that and you all need to get a clue that joined in like retards. dude grows better and harder than all of you who chimed in against him like girls without a clue, grow the fuck up he was trying to have an adult conversation abt the strain and you guys cried bc your pics suck and samples of deathstar sucked. glad you helped a much better contributer than yourself to the site leave... assclowns

smurfinherb your fucked in the head and flying goat you dont know what your talking about. period