What's new

Lets have a death star thread! Come on in!

TicalionStalion

just based off the structure alone, I would say that's her. keep us well updated with pics. that's a big bitch for a 2 gal. I don't usually defoliate, but I think it would benefit you if you took off some of those fans on the inside, open her up to some more light.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Will do - only in a 2 gal because she was a mother that I decided to toss in the corner of my tree room. Not really a dedicated plant in this layout.. anything I get off her is fine with me...just a test lady while my other mothers get big and I can clone and do a run of her mono-crop.

I've done some thinning, but will likely increase the leaf removal as I go.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Good to hear that.

I also have the A.Mango back in hand as well. I originally let it go a few years back because it would go hay-wire on me and not nug up.

One grow it'd be great..and produce Louisville slugger colas..super frosty easy to trim stuff. The very next grow it'd be great until around week 4 and then just go south. It'd stop adding mass and just get elongated with poor flower development. Happened a few times before I got rid of her. Wrote it off as some type of genetic oddity that showed its ugly face at times...perhaps triggered by environmental conditions, but very inconsistent results none the less.

Hoping my new cut in new environment/grows performs consistently.

Also running some Lemon G elsewhere, but didn't clone it. Produces larger looser colas and stretches a lot which I'm not normally fond of, but now growing vertically I think I want it back in my stable as those traits are more ideal, filling a sideways canopy

Few years back I came across a cut of what a few fellas where running something called Purple Lemons...and perhaps another similar cut with the initials SL for those in the know. Anyone familiar? My life was sporadic with location moves at that time and didnt manage to keep either, but both where pretty unique and rare.

Looks like the Original to me FlowerFarmer, and now that I see a full-sized pic of Ticallion's it appears to be as well. Big thing that threw me off with Ticallion's original pics was that I couldn't see the actual structure of the plant - but it appears close to what I remember, and yes Tic it's kinda rare to see it purple at all - it's mainly on the leaves and usually light light streaks in the flower if in the flower at all.

Flowerfarmer I must say yours looks exceptionally well, and looks exactly like the cut I remember having, although I did have the DS BX ECSD cut as well for awhile, sucks I lost both of them due to moving during some security issues, and the other cuts I had given away of it were culled by his wife, after my buddy passed away. Those were definitely some special little girls.. Hopefully I can't get some hunted back down, it's been at least 3 years since I've gotten to run her, but she's always memorable, especially around these parts.

Take it easy and enjoy,
-Life

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I got some Deathstar almost ready for the chop, just a few more weeks and it will be chop time.

These are crappy pictures I will get some with my real camera soon, for now these pics taken with my camera phone will have to work!

Attachments

• IMG_20130123_023439.jpg
    IMG_20130123_023439.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20130123_023712.jpg
    IMG_20130123_023712.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20130123_023559.jpg
    IMG_20130123_023559.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20130123_023832.jpg
    IMG_20130123_023832.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 35
O

organic_fanatic

Really nice plants there blazeoneup!!

Mine never got THAT purple!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Really nice plants there blazeoneup!!

Mine never got THAT purple!

Thanks man... yeah she didn't color up like this for me on my first run with her. This is my 3rd run with her now and first mono crop of her. I think I am finally getting her worked out.

Here is one of the girls from my first round with her!

Last edited:
THERE'S THE PURPING I WAS SAYING WAS IN THERE! It's never heavy, heavy, but when it's done really well, and you do allow the temp drop, they can have some beautiful looks especially in the cured nugs themselves. Glad someone showed that finally. Great work man.

-Life

TicalionStalion

Damn nice pics fellas!

Axin my dstar today or tomorrow...75 days...yeah, its funny, I watched my homie grow the dstar and i was smokin it time and time again, not a siiiingle even HINT of purple on it, not even a leaf. Im not sure if its just temps or what, i mean my low is 60, thats alil cold but nothin crazy.

I think im gonna rock out 2x 5 gal aeroponic buckets w this bitch in them. How does she like aero? Anyone tried it?

TicalionStalion

awesome...

awesome...

Trimmin this fine death star bitch as we speak! This is my first run with growing her, and shit, i cant believe the results. The force is certainly strong with this one! ;) she went to day 77 i believe. Hope i didnt take her too long. Smells amazing, she got suprisingly purple, and now that im choppin, i can see the ECSD in this bitch big time. What an amazing cross, i feel honored to have her. She is looking like shes going to replace my 7 years of ECSD. She trumps it IMHO. Ill be back w some dried shots and smoke report. Thanks yall!! :joint:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cannavore

Veteran
Wow bro those are sick purple deathstar pics. Love this smoke. Super power type smoke. Wish I had her in the stables :(

O

organic_fanatic

Here's mine at 68 days, about to get chopped. I ran her untopped this time just to see how she grows naturally.
vhgfe4fpl1ed38x9i6ez.jpg

fw4lozsuz6iwe1my26cd.jpg
540wpikz68layfcrpx7e.jpg
m8hn7qe6s5308ylc2isd.jpg

So do you guys think these are different cuts we're running or do you think they just look different because of different environments/growing styles?

TicalionStalion

yeah, it's got to be all the same cut, she just seems to really differ from room to room. My boy that I got the cuts from grows in hydro, and his looks a lot more like organic fanatics bud. Mine seems to look very different. Even the same nutes me and my buddy we're both running advanced.

it reminds me of how different the ECSD cut can look from room to room. Hell even from run to run. After running the sour cut for so long I'd noticed major variation in how it would look. I bet that has a lot to do with why theres so much variation in our death stars... Never grown sensi star though, although tons of guys I know love that cut.

O

organic_fanatic

Those were grown in Rev's TLO mix, diluted in half with recycled soil. It also had 4 organic spikes in it and was given a tea every couple weeks.

3gunpete

Wow, it's amazing how much everyone thinks they kno. Eventually the smurf brigade and others will realize things aren't always what they seem. What double Kindness says earlier in thread page four is 100% fact. Not all strains are as environmentally dependent on theyre looks and expressions as others. However it is very nieve to say the least and rooks mistake to think you can always judge a strain by a picture. And ridiculing a member because he is only asking for advise and understanding. More simply strains DO exhibit different traits when grown in different places. Rookies
And as far as what TDS tells you or anyone else. No ones word is Devine.
I've heard of more back door cut barter and straight up selling out of so many "crew/click". It is impossible to say that no cuts maid it out.
Even if it's a different DS all together it could be even better knock off. Loose the ego. Everyone wants to think they are the only ones who have a certain strain. I used too when I was in college. Thought I knew it all, kinda. Then u learn u don't kno shit. It's nice and humbling
By the way both death star and Ohio's lemon G wer going around vt and upstate ny about four five years ago. Fact. Supposedly kno ones should pass it out. That same old crap. Yada yada.
Just enjoy what you have and try to be honest to others and ourselves. The real DS, lol, is amazing

O

organic_fanatic

Deathstar has been freely passed around my area for a LONG time. Way before the HT article came out. That shit made me laugh....only 50 people have it.