What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's Grow & Process Some Medical Grade!

B4URTIME

Hi Star, I have been busting my butt for over 40 hrs now, Does anyone have any guesses on how much a 50 gallon tote can hold of trimmed nuggets?

I'm going to have atleast 1 completely full 50 gallon tote and probably enough to start filling another one up. Looks like a kick ass harvest its straight gas when put in the air!!!

picture.php

picture.php

sorry for the low quality pictures I will get my camera out soon and get some proper pics but works ongoing trimming is in full effect and has been for about 40 hrs now.

Last edited:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
i know the clear under the bed ones hold about 2 lbs each of dried and trimmed and chopped up bud. i prefer the under the bed ones because they are shallow and easy to mix/stir. i dont envy the pain in your back b4. keep on trucking you got a well deserved break coming...

gmanwho

Veteran
Hi Star, I have been busting my butt for over 40 hrs now, Does anyone have any guesses on how much a 50 gallon tote can hold of trimmed nuggets?

I'm going to have atleast 1 completely full 50 gallon tote and probably enough to start filling another one up. Looks like a kick ass harvest its straight gas when put in the air!!!

strain depend it, i usually get around 2-2.5 a 3.5 gallon bucket,WITHOUT stems. get something super dense an that number goes up. only insight i can share.

u dodged a few things along the way, excited for u!!! :woohoo:

B4URTIME

got any helpers i hope? looks full of goodness in there...

No helpers!!!

i know the clear under the bed ones hold about 2 lbs each of dried and trimmed and chopped up bud. i prefer the under the bed ones because they are shallow and easy to mix/stir. i dont envy the pain in your back b4. keep on trucking you got a well deserved break coming...

Yeah I am busting ass to get everything wrapped up and then I am ready for 2 weeks of nothing but relaxing somewhere nice!

strain depend it, i usually get around 2-2.5 a 3.5 gallon bucket,WITHOUT stems. get something super dense an that number goes up. only insight i can share.

u dodged a few things along the way, excited for u!!! :woohoo:

Thanks man I sure did, I'm excited to be done with it, Now its time to take a break and then figure out where to go from here! :tiphat:

he's gonna have extracts up the ying yang...much love there

I think so, lots of extracts in the future!

saitama

View Image

View Image

sorry for the low quality pictures I will get my camera out soon and get some proper pics but works ongoing trimming is in full effect and has been for about 40 hrs now.

wowowowow

Junk

View Image

View Image

If you find out what a 50 gal holds, I'd be curious.

I'm going to guess 27 once you remove the branches? I've never had the pleasure of filling one up lol.

B4URTIME

Still working on the final trim everyone, Will be a couple days before the final numbers are in but here is a nug I'm about to puff on this morning!

picture.php

Americangrower

Veteran

View Image

View Image

I will guess...6.5 lbs.
Great job B4

onavelzy

Veteran

View Image

View Image

I don't personally have any experience with bigger weight but I've seen comments in various places about a 5 G bucket holding 2 lb of final dried and trimmed. So a 50 G might hold close to 20?

I will probably never be able to do a large volume of trimming. My eyes get blurry after around an hour or so of squinting. I farmed it out to the rest of my family. My wife seemed to like doing it. She used to trim for $$ back when she was in college so i guess it brings back fond memories or something.

packerfan79

Veteran
I wish my wife would trim for me. She has a couple years ago when I was working 6 days a week 10 hours a day. Now it's me and whatever moron I can get to actually show up.

onavelzy

Veteran
I wish my wife would trim for me. She has a couple years ago when I was working 6 days a week 10 hours a day. Now it's me and whatever moron I can get to actually show up.

I'd actually want to be able to help out someone that knew how to do a good trim so I could learn the right way. I offered to do so in a local growers thread but got no takers. I'm sure security concerns over road the desire for help. That and the likelihood that, as a newb, I'd probably take up more of their time than I'd be worth

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
My kids caught on faster than my wife did, lol. Now the wife gets jealous I want my girls to help, so she doesn't offer help anymore, lol.

B4URTIME

I will guess...6.5 lbs.
Great job B4

You gotta be a conservative fella :laughing:

I wish I could tell you all I was done and what the outcome was but unfortunately I have been as busy in life as ever and haven't even had time to finish the trimming sad huh! Who doesn't have time to trim lbs of GG4 lol, I got some to puff atm that is the important thing.

Last edited: