What's new

lessons learned, The Eminem and Yamaha1Fan update

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, i wish all the fathers on ICM would read that post and reply to it. Got alot to learn in life yet son :petting:

FTR it is OUR job as Father's to go against unjust laws and teach our children to do so also. Or shall we all just bend over and try to enjoy it much as we can ? Teach our kids to be sheep ? When those kids grow up without their fathers the message we are trying to communicate is still getting across to them. If WE don't change things, no one will. If WE don't stand up to the rules no one will. Be damned if we go to jail, be damned if we don't. But i ain't gonna be a pussy when it comes to teaching my kids the TRUTH !!!

Sorry, BB, but I completely disagree. I shut down for years after Operation Green Merchant, and I have never grown commercially. I figured out pretty quickly that the biggest impact that I could have on my kids lives was to be there on a day-to-day basis, keeping them safe, fed, a roof over their heads, and be able to lead by example. You don't teach your kids what is important in life by being locked up hundreds of miles away and seeing them on the occasional Sunday. The whole scene has changed immeasurably since that time, at least in the med states and many of the more enlightened ones, but obviously not in Georgia. I was fortunate that the economy wasn't the complete mess that it is today, and had many options for employment.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well i am sure not advocating anyone going to jail for the cause. It's just that it does happen, all the time. And it's going to keep happening. So the people who are in that scenario, both parents and kids need to make the very best of a bad situation.
The rest of us need to keep overgrowing.
People are getting fed up. Something has to happen soon.

mowood3479

Veteran
I'll pass.

You on the other hand, might not really have a choice once you get to jail....

If I were you I'd be happy about your sentence. I know people who got 2 years for selling 2 ounces. You have priors (shocking), were growing in a super illegal state, and were at commercial levels, and had to deal with a public defender. You got off good trust me.

I find this comment to be very very wrong...
ya, dtfsux made some mistakes... im quite sure he is painfully aware of them. playing monday morning quarterback is awfully easy.
I realize that he (dft) intitated all this, and I do agree with your points for the most part. I do not agree with taking shots at a man who is about to begin a long prison sentence away from his family.
He will have plenty of time to contemplate his mistakes... I dont feel as though its my place or yours (headiez) to pass judgment.
that task has already been handled by the state of georgia.
I would hope he could come to this community for a little sympathy and support.... if he cant get it here, where is he going to?

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran

yeah because coming into a thread casting judgement on a dude who is doing 6 years and 30 years probation for growing a plant when you puff out your chest for doing the same makes you a hypocritical piece of shit

i already clocked you as a fucking custy in the fed ex thread

medical necessity? the dude was offing his product out of state. I got no problem with that, but don't try to push some bullshit "oh it was medical weed going to patients" idea.

you custy piece of shit how come its cool you sell medicine and anyone else who grows is doing it for the money?

headies 24.7 means your a fucking cropper nothing more

delude yourself but you cant fool me I know the REAL DEAL

your a hypocritical piece of shit who has nothing to feed other than ego thatswhy youre calling out fellow growers
thanks for giving me my first neg rep, much appreciated.

sorry no one called your weak ass out earlier

I define a good father as someone who is always there for his children, and who doesn't do something that could potentially have the children forceable removed from them, or in his case, not being able to see the kids for 6 years while they grow up during the most important time of their lives.

i call a good parent a person who loves their kid

some assole jduge who did his job "by the book" and got paid proper beat his kid

whos the better parent ?"

not you, obviously you dont have one blank shooting cali bandwagon bitch

Children don't give a fuck if you are "trying to change society" or "going against unjust laws" all they care about is seeing their parents. If I made the leap to have a wife and two children, I would much rather live in a apt instead of a big house if it guaranteed my safety and ability to raise my children vs risking my life to do something super illegal.

you wouldnt make that leap cause you got to much ego to love ANYONE but yourself

i met weak ass mind like yours before

keep on selling yourself your view of the world, what you reap from your karma is all yours to enjoy

So you figured you'd never be able to save lawyer money and decided to get atv's instead? 7 or 8k would of been a much better start then $0 considering after it went down he started asking strangers on the internet for money. And in California, 20k is just fine for the grow I was doing. Obviously in you're case because of the state you are in you should of saved more than 20. But again, anything would of been better than $0, which you now know because you admit that your lawyer sucked and fucked shit up.

This is also a great lesson for what to do in a knock and talk. There was a thread a while back where some people were trying to say that if you get a knock and talk you should just stay silent or refuse to open the door even if the room in which the door opens to is 100% clean. I contend that this does nothing but put more attention on you and more investigating will be done. His selfish investor said no fuck it keep the grow going. Dumbest move ever. The investor should be going to jail for being such a moron. Investor making that choice fucked everyone over. If after the knock and talk everything was totally torn down and destroyed, none of this would of happened. I know tearing down sucks, I've been there, had to tear down 9kw worth and there was no guarantee that I had to do it, AND i was in a medical state, but I did it anyway because there was a potential threat. And again, all this with no wife or kids.

Again, are the laws unjust? yes.

Is it moronic that someone can get 6 fucking years for growing a plant that causes no harm to anyone and is 10000x safer then alcohol and other drugs? fuck yes.

Does this mean you have to 100% prepare for it, be super safe, and have action plans when shit goes down (IE tear down at any sign of sketchyness, and don't bring mother plants to my home where my wife and 2 children live) yes.

Hate me all you want, but if even one person who is growing in a bad state with a family reads my posts, and either beefs up security/procedures or changes strategy, then its worth me stating my mind.

I honestly do wish you the best of luck. It pains me to see people go to jail for growing.

when you have family and grow in an illegal state cause pot wouldn't exist in that area then you come to the big boys table and talk like a man

or at least smoke your ego into submittion

until then shut the fuck up donnie

R

ran outta love

Sorry to hear that. The grow was looking really good before the bust too.

5 years is a long time, but it's not forever.

BigDawg

well i've learned a lot from yam over the past 2-3 years as far as commercial operations and strategies and security... he realizes he made some mistakes. It has benefited me though. I can only be grateful for that. I know what it's like in a non-med state. Most of the USA is this way. It is hell.

dtfsux

Lets be clear, I got into a big house, big cars, supporting my mom while making around 120k a year in a LEGIT business. Things went bad in the business and I had to figure a way to make money. So I started growing. Doesnt matter if it was medicinal or not. I have been to Cali recentlly and trust me, alot of people out there are not medicinal users even if they have a rec. People always seems to have this holier than thou attitude that medicinal weed is more important than recretional.

If I didnt start growing, we would have been homeless. I provided for my family by providing a product that I believe in. I have no shame in what I did and I tell people that

Growing in my house was the safest method in hindsight. Nobody knew except one person who I trusted 100% and had never actually been to the house or in the same state. Moving to the warehouse was done in an effort to keep the kids safe, not out of greed.

I only grew one time, and never finished the grow so I didnt have real experience. After alot of mistakes, I finally started making money and treated the family to some toys. Shortly after I closed up and went to the warehouse so there was no opportunity to save money.

I didnt have a public defender, I had a paid attorney. Supposedly a pretty good atty but I was not happy with. He got 25k. I visited other attys a while back and they wanted 25-75k to take over the case.

R

ran outta love

I provided for my family by providing a product that I believe in. I have no shame in what I did and I tell people that
Damn straight!

There's nothing wrong with growing weed. I don't care what anyone says.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Anyone who thinks I shouldnt grow weed because im nto in "Cali" or have a "medical" condition. Is a hypocritical 2 faced greedy SOB.

Anyone who wants to kick one of our own when he's down. Is a hypocritical 2 faced greedy SOB.

Think about it, unfortunately we have to lean from these situations. And a man who is about to do prison time over a plant. Still took the time to come here and give us some info we all can learn from.

Whos side are you on? In my eyes your either in or out. There's no in between.

PS you got your 2nd negative rep ever being it means so much to you, and im not apologizing.

K+ yama

N

Nondual

So I started growing. Doesnt matter if it was medicinal or not. I have been to Cali recentlly and trust me, alot of people out there are not medicinal users even if they have a rec. People always seems to have this holier than thou attitude that medicinal weed is more important than recretional.
Yeah that. That whole argument/debate of med vs recreational is stupid IMO. I've been smoking on and off since about 1975 long before it was 'medical'. I wish people would put their judgements away about this stuff. Whenever I talk to a grower, regardless of how they do it, I just focus on the plant and stay away from their opinions or belief systems. It's like talking about religion or politics sometimes..lol.

First of all I realize that the timing of my comments is horrible considering the guy is going to jail next week.
Oh I'll agree with that. Pretty lame. It always sucks to see someone go down for growing. The dude knows the mistakes he made and others can see it clearly in what he's posted.

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
WOW, such unnecessary hostility in a thread! Fucking sad turn of events......

First off DTFSUX, thanks for sharing your update! That had to be hard to post, but certainly is an eye opener to those growers who may feel lax...........med state or not. Sorry to hear about all that happened and hope your stay in the pen goes as smoothly as possible.:wave:

This shouldn't be a situation where you point fingers and blame. Shit is over and done. Best case scenario is analyzing where mistakes happen so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Growing herb is a personal decision. Risk versus reward...........is the juice worth the squeeze??? DTFSUX did what he felt was necessary and unfortunately got screwed. I'm sure he knew the risks and proceeded anyway. Telling him he may be a bad father after all this, that is just a kick in the balls. Man won't see his kids much for some time, imagine he knows he messed up.

It's sad to hear his children won't have him in their lives for some time........but I imagine DTFSUX knew this might be an outcome if things went south. This isn't a child's game and hardly believe anyone here expects it to be such.

Some telling members they have "weak ass minds" because they don't delve in to non-med state production to make ends meet or supply their area with bud....................FUCKING CLOSE MINDED and SAD........:moon::moon::moon::moon:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
WOW, such unnecessary hostility in a thread! Fucking sad turn of events......

First off DTFSUX, thanks for sharing your update! That had to be hard to post, but certainly is an eye opener to those growers who may feel lax...........med state or not. Sorry to hear about all that happened and hope your stay in the pen goes as smoothly as possible.:wave:

This shouldn't be a situation where you point fingers and blame. Shit is over and done. Best case scenario is analyzing where mistakes happen so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Growing herb is a personal decision. Risk versus reward...........is the juice worth the squeeze??? DTFSUX did what he felt was necessary and unfortunately got screwed. I'm sure he knew the risks and proceeded anyway. Telling him he may be a bad father after all this, that is just a kick in the balls. Man won't see his kids much for some time, imagine he knows he messed up.

It's sad to hear his children won't have him in their lives for some time........but I imagine DTFSUX knew this might be an outcome if things went south. This isn't a child's game and hardly believe anyone here expects it to be such.

Some telling members they have "weak ass minds" because they don't delve in to non-med state production to make ends meet or supply their area with bud....................FUCKING CLOSE MINDED and SAD........:moon::moon::moon::moon:

close minded and sad is only seeing the cash value of growing pot marginalizing it to a squeeze worth the risk

close mined and sad is trying to justify saying its right that some one deserves to go to jail for a pot because of its legal distinction on a pro canna site

close minded and sad is forgetting that less than a decade ago everyone was illegal and if it wasn't for all those illegal heads doing what they did you would have your med scene you enjoy now

close minded and sad is bunch of dudes that think state status equates right or wrong and condemning others based on those classifications

close minded and sad is forgetting that other laws such as slavery were legal at one time, even though they were morally unjust, and that civil disobedience is part of democratic process and part of being a patriotic American

close minded and sad is believing that the status mankind puts on pot changes the reality of it as a viable medicine and it's bio-compatibility with he human body

close minded and sad is perpetuating lies like pot use {MEDICAL OR OTHERWISE) automatically equates to child abuse

see when i see people talk some stupid shit I start asking what is their motivation and life experience regarding the topic and it begs the question

if you dont desperately need pot in your life as a med then why are you here?

the only other reason is that your a cali cash cropper selling to the med market or working in an illegal market because tis quick money?

unless of course your the kinda of guy that has a job and a normal life and just grows a few plants for the "peace of mind"

answer me which one qualifies you to judge anyone for the use of cultivation of pot?

any of you?

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
close minded and sad is only seeing the cash value of growing pot marginalizing it to a squeeze worth the risk

close mined and sad is trying to justify saying its right that some one deserves to go to jail for a pot because of its legal distinction on a pro canna site

close minded and sad is forgetting that less than a decade ago everyone was illegal and if it wasn't for all those illegal heads doing what they did you would have your med scene you enjoy now

close minded and sad is bunch of dudes that think state status equates right or wrong and condemning others based on those classifications

close minded and sad is forgetting that other laws such as slavery were legal at one time, even though they were morally unjust, and that civil disobedience is part of democratic process and part of being a patriotic American

close minded and sad is believing that the status mankind puts on pot changes the reality of it as a viable medicine and it's bio-compatibility with he human body

close minded and sad is perpetuating lies like pot use {MEDICAL OR OTHERWISE) automatically equates to child abuse

see when i see people talk some stupid shit I start asking what is their motivation and life experience regarding the topic and it begs the question

if you dont desperately need pot in your life as a med then why are you here?

the only other reason is that your a cali cash cropper selling to the med market or working in an illegal market because tis quick money?

unless of course your the kinda of guy that has a job and a normal life and just grows a few plants for the "peace of mind"

answer me which one qualifies you to judge anyone for the use of cultivation of pot?

any of you?

OK,

1st off......I'm a 100% med patient who absolutely needs cannabis to maintain my health. I have a debilitating disorder which every med state lists as a condition for medical cannabis. I help out a few others with similar conditions whenever possible..........simply out of the kindness of my heart. Yeah, having a fucked up life can make you rather sympathetic to other truly sick people.

2nd..............I'm NOT IN A MED STATE. Thought I eluded to that. GOT THAT!?!? Personal production for a serious disorder in a non-med state.

I don't believe anyone should go to jail for any amount of cannabis. That is ME. I'm sure 99.9% of "us" feel that way, but the rest of America doesn't necessary see it as we do. THAT IS THE CURRENT REALITY OF REAL LIFE.

Progress is still being made by leaps and bounds, but large scale cultivation in a non-med state is A HUGE LEGAL RISK. Should it be a legal risk, NO! IS IT ILLEGAL AND SHOULD THAT FACTOR BE A CONSIDERATION, YES!!!!

Juice worth the squeeze???? How can't you get that?? "A sacrifice for the plant??" Was that warehouse herb being given away?? It was anticipated income off of a potential risk. NO one forced DTFSUX to run a warehouse, it was his decision. Does he deserve his punishment??? ABSOLUTELY NOT! However there is a risk for doing that where he did. A risk which SHOULDN'T exist due to unmoral and insane laws, but STILL EXISTS.

I don't judge anyone for cultivating the herb. However the rest of the world isn't the same. THIS NEEDS TO BE REMEMBERED!

I post grows, share reviews, try to educate others, and encourage progression where ever possible.

I ask you those same questions Weird.....

Why are you here? WHAT DO YOU CONTRIBUTE!?!?

Why do you need herb?

If you're not in a med state...........you giving away all that extra herb for free?????

N

Nondual

What a shame the dude is dealing with what he is, shares what he's going through and has to read some pathetic bullshit before he takes a long vacation in a few days. While everyone here will be home and spend time with family and friends over the holidays the guy will be locked up for an extended period for growing a plant.

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
dude so sorry to here that ,thanks for the tips ,i will takke them to heart ,and it wont be the first time i killed everything on a whim,i hope ron paul makes the big house

i just can't believe it. thank you for taking the time and writing that up, gives us some closure, and a sad reminder that fairy tail endings are, well, quite often a fairy tail. You seem to be in good spirits considering the outcome.
30 years probation is extreme! will you be able to grow "legally" in a med state once you get out?
I hope you get to smoke for this last week, do you?

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Eminem, I am sorry to hear about this ruling man.

I am sure you and your family have been having a really tough time these coming days before you have to ship off.. I am deeply sorry that you have to go through this shit...It is so fucking sad that our society deems it appropriate to put a man who grows a plant (or many plants in this case) behind bars like an animal.

YOU DID NOT HARM SOCIETY ONE FUCKING BIT! in fact, you spent that money on items that boosted our economy, AND you made the days of a few lucky stoners who were lucky enough to get to smoke some of your good herb. It truly is sad that a man can stick his dick in a little boys ass and get less time then you. Just think how fucked that little boy will be, versus how unfucked every single person who bought and smoked your weed will be... BIIIIGGG difference... If I were you, for this fact alone, I would make it my daily goal to locate and shank every pedophile I came across while in the big house. Gotta be stealth though cuz you dont want extra time! If you do get caught, just LIE your ass off when you visit the jailhouse judge.

As far as the HEADIEZ shit is concerned, for him to say what he said, i think it was purely driven by his inability to be humble as well as his inability to put himself in somebody else's shoes... its a common error that many youngins have and only learn to put in check (if they are smart enough) after they walk further down the road of life.... although i do give headiez credit for speaking his mind, I think next time he should choose his words a bit wiser in situations simlar to this.... if headiez had to post with his real face as his avitar and his real name as is login name, I have a feeling he would have chosen his words a bit wiser... or if he was in your presence in real life outside of this cyber realm....for someone without kids to make a claim that a parent is wrong for doing something that he very may well have to do one day if he is lucky enough to have a wife let alone kids.... real talk...

There is no denying that jail is a horrible place. But there also is no denying that the human mind is a powerful thing. Living behind bars or steel doors is not cool, but with a strong mind, you will realize that you will be brought back to society and will be fresh with new ideas, and new plans. This jail time is doing nothing but giving you the opportunity to re-up, and start from scratch... every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end.... they can take your house, they can take your car, they can take your belongings, they can temporarily take your freedom, but one thing is for sure and THAT is that they cannot take your knowledge.....

another good thing is that more lenient laws towards marijuana are being passed throughout our country, and hell, i think maybe even within the next 2 years georgia may loosen up. They would put you on the early release plan easily! I saw a guy who killed someone involuntarily serve 1 of his 5 years because of early release...

i know damn well you wont serve 6.... 2 max.... this judge gave you this punishment to save his/her ass... your event was highly publicized and your punishment probably was as well... that judge needs a job next year... the shitty thing is that people who actually go out and vote for judges are old people who are against pot.... couple more years these fucks will be gone, and the vietnam era hippies will be calling the shots... you know what that means... :smokeup:

once again, my deepest condolences go out to you and your family during these tough times, but rest assured my friend - this very well could be a blessing in disguise for you....

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope you get to smoke for this last week, do you?

i would smoke my cock off if i were him.... what are they gonna do? put him in jail for having THC in his system? HA fuck that! He will prob be smoking like a king while in the big house.... that is if his baby mama put money in his commissary! The man with the most money in commissary is king. DTF will figure it out... he;s a hussla

OVERMAN

Remember following you from the start.. Learning from your trials and tribulations helped a lot of people. Still contributing to the community with this update only continues to help the community, much respect for your ambition and 20lb brass balls