What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemonhoko's Chem DD bx2

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
Hi all mates, after a long time here i am with a new grow diary.

Those who know me know about my love for ChemDD, which has lasted for many years. It all started when a good friend gave me 4 seeds from the first release in 2008.
I was so impressed that I continued to grow them for years, playing with them first with f2, coming up to two different f6 lines.

Unfortunately I had a few years of forced stop from growing, and my precious seeds abandoned in the cellar for all that time. When I tried to sow my f6s I had a disastrous rate of germination, and after 100+ seeds i ended with only 2 plants, both males.

And so, in an attempt to find someone who still had something to cross with my two boys, I noticed that Lemonhoko was working on ChemDD bx2. Bingo!:biggrin:

I want to thank Lemonhoko who gave me the chance to test his seeds, and above all for the person who is, very kind, humble and helpful.

So, i sowed the 12 seeds around 20/08, after 24hrs all the seeds already had the tails.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And here after few days

picture.php

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
After 10 days they were all trasplanted in 3.6 liters pots and spent the following days under a 240w Quantum Board waiting for the lowering of temperatures. And 3 days ago i finally switched to a more powerful 400w MH which will remain for another 15-20 days.

Here we go with some pictures of yesterday, at almost 25 day from germination, and 15 of vegetative.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And finally a group shot!

picture.php

I'll try to update weekly guys, hope you enjoy!

:tiphat:

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
yeah Jare!!!

all 'em are lookin great ....the best luck for this run!

booooom boooooooooom !

Tulku

solid genetics in safe hands brother, yeah I'm looking forward to this!!!! Ain't no better DD than Reservoir DD...FACT

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
great to see you've gotten her back. to this day, it is still some of my favorite smokes ever. taste and power....it had it all.....

interested to see how these stack up to the original drop...

I remember you dropping into my smoke/grow report on these (link in my sig)
Sadly, I lost my seed stock during a major storm and I lost power for almost a month......
out of the 50 something seeds I had left, NONE of them popped after that. the fridge they were in got wet and moldy and rendered them mush.

(and no one I gave seeds to stopped in to do a report on the hundreds that I passed around.)

good luck and keep us posted. I sure do miss this stuff.

-cap

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
great to see you've gotten her back. to this day, it is still some of my favorite smokes ever. taste and power....it had it all.....

interested to see how these stack up to the original drop...

I remember you dropping into my smoke/grow report on these (link in my sig)
Sadly, I lost my seed stock during a major storm and I lost power for almost a month......
out of the 50 something seeds I had left, NONE of them popped after that. the fridge they were in got wet and moldy and rendered them mush.

(and no one I gave seeds to stopped in to do a report on the hundreds that I passed around.)

good luck and keep us posted. I sure do miss this stuff.

-cap

Hey cap! How many time! How are you?

I remember that we shared the same love for this incredible strain.

Last night i was camping for an auction from Lemonhoko, he was dropping some ChemDD f2, Chem DD f3, Chem DD bx1 and ChemDD bx2. I lost the auction in the last few seconds! Damn! it would have been a great blow!

picture.php

But i think that i'm pretty lucky to have the chance to grow this bx2 at mo, and i'll surely hit the best females with my two f6 studs and bring the DD legacy back, and if you want I will send you all the seeds you need bro.

Thank u for stopping by my friend, glad to see you back in my thread :tiphat:

nickman

Veteran
This should be good. I’ve heard good things about this cross and Lemon Hoko ...!!!...

Subbed in ....

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
This should be good. I’ve heard good things about this cross

everything youve heard is true.

i was lucky to nab some of these back in '07 during the initial drop.

(link to that smoke/grow report in my sig.)

Im doing well, Jare...

keep us all in tune...

-cap

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
Hi guys, sorry for the delay with this update but i had to face several problems in the last 20 days or so, the plants were in 3.6liters pots until 20 days ago, already in the last times they were in those pots the plants started to show signs of block of absorption and lack of nutrients togheter, i was confused and i thought was due by the small pots, so i transplanted all the plants in the defenitive 6.5liters pots hoping in a vigorous new growth to prepare them to bloom.
The situation gettin' worse day by day, the plants gone totally crazy, i thought i could lose them for a while, so i realized that in that soil there were some kind of serious problems and for the first time in my life i had to change the soil of my plants.
I removed everything i could of that shitty soil and replaced it with a different soil looking desperetaly to save my plants.
Luckly, with a bit of patience they started to recover and day by day went better and better, and here we are ato today, the last day of the vegetative stage, tomorrow will be the first day at 12/12.
The plants now look quite healty, but on the older leaves there are still some signs of the old problems, not bad, the new growths seem very vigorous.

Back to the Chem's.

Outta 12 seeds i got 5 females, quite vigorous, pretty similar in structure except one of them. I topped'em all, and in the next week i'll make the last pruning and i'll take some cuts from each pheno.

Pheno #5

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php