What's new

Leighs 6Kw DIY project...the here and now, but certain to change

Leigh

Hello and Thx for checkin' in:wave:

Been growing and reading online off and on since oh, a yr or two before Krusty hit the major online scene if that helps with the time line. 10yrs? 15?...somewhere in there.

I'm a DIY'er and can plan, design and build "outside of the box". I built a typical stadium yrs ago...can't recall why I didn't stick with it.
On paper...I've designed a number of DIY Coliseums and Grow Tunnels, but never pulled the trigger. I am, however, fascinated with Vert!

Some trivia...I coined the term "I.R.B."...or Internal Rez Bucket. Not sure if that stuck or not.
On a whim, I dusted off those original IRB's for a portion of this grow.(and yup...still a slow vegging method IMO)

On a second whim...I flipped half the room from flat to a wall-stadium with stuff I had on hand. It will be nothing to brag about for sure...but it'll have to do for this run.

I'm not here to show off anything...I'm really here to learn from the best and in turn show the transformation from what you see here today into what I hope to show and document over the coming mths/yrs.

Ultimately...seeking input on maximizing annual yield in a flower room 7.5' x 23', 7.5' high. 6-1Kw.
I could veg in a 9x13 with a K or two.
I can get cuts up to 600 at a time.
AND...I can/will do this either flat or vert...whatever fits and yields best in this space.

Big fan of Heaths and I'm particularily interested in the RSWC(Recirculating Shallow Water Culture) he showed in the pvc pipes.
I have ideas.....

But for now...this.
c5a30950.jpg

ff02b5e3.jpg

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aye getting some :lurk: and gunna enjoy the show, if you go back as far as I think you did, this should be some good shit to see!

This Padawan is ready to learn master!

:respect:

D

DHF

What`s your old "nick".....Hempy didn`t like that IRB shit back at HG......Never knew anyone "coined" the term , but most everyone just call`s em Hempy`s these days.....

Hell....He switched ta coco after awhile till he disappeared after stayin pissed off for so many yrs.....

Good luck.....DHF.....:ying:.....

Leigh

What`s your old "nick".....Hempy didn`t like that IRB shit back at HG......Never knew anyone "coined" the term , but most everyone just call`s em Hempy`s these days.....

Hell....He switched ta coco after awhile till he disappeared after stayin pissed off for so many yrs.....

Good luck.....DHF.....:ying:.....

'rocket surgeon' is the only one I can recall. I never did actually sign up and post much overall. A few spread over the old CW, HGfourtwenty, AN and I think the last time was CLC.

Ol' Hempy...sure did get pissed at anyone calling their bucket a 'Hempy' if it wasn't exactly a 5gal bucket with a hole exactly 2" from the bottom...LOL...I guess back then I found it humorous to be a smart-ass and called mine IRB's...I gave 100% credit at all times to Hempy for the concept.
I was offline completely(not even reading) for a couple yrs after that.

Anyways...Thx for the well wishes and it's an honour to meet you...been casually reading you for yrs. I'm all ears if you would help me turn a page in my grow-life and actually get ahead for once with this space. I have an idea, but could really use some guidance to help me decide.:friends:
I've typically run 1gal pots of peat/perlite under 1k's in umbrella shades at 25/light for 1lb a light for Purple Kush and 1.5 a light for better yielders.
This has to change.
As a matter of fact...I did this little test run amoungst my usual crap a couple yrs ago...9 plants in 4.5" square pots within about 15"square, hydroton, a basically ignored E&F on one corner of a light....the yield, scaled to a full room, should get 3lb a light. WHY did I not implement that immediately? I have no idea.
I've been living the true definition of Stupid. "Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result"

I gotz to pull the trigger!

Leigh

Gooz, Fork, Mega, Marlo, Headie....Thx also for the warm welcome *cheers*

DHF, btw...we kinda "talk" the same online. I also use a lot of "......". I've always thought it takes place of the slight pause in normal conversation vs the written word. I think and read most forums as a conversation vs a written article.

MyGreenToe

Hey Leigh cool setup so far, keep us posted. I remember loving your stadiu back in the dayat HG, it was one of the first stadiums I listed in my Vert 101 thread when I started it there. I still use a picture grabbed from your thread. So much info lost, not least of all your thread there. :(

There is a site that has yourstadium grow arhived, I dont have the link here on my laptop, I'll find it when I'm on my main machine.

Good to see you around!
Keep it Green
MGT

D

DHF

Yessir......I remember yas....It`s funny cuz you were a "brain surgeon and rocket scientist cross".....A good hybrid ...LOL...

Welcome my buddy......anything I can do ta help , just holler....and yeah....

It`s more like conversation to my boyz than just typin......at least it`s always been that way fer me.....

Yer shit looks pretty tight Bro.......We just needta tweak and dial a lil bit.......you`ll get there......guaranteed.....and....

Pull tha trigger.....

Peace.....DHF....:ying:......

Oh man this thread is GREAT!!!! I'm a noob and just your pictures alone have giving me at least 5 usable ideas. Your Horizontal and Vertical setup is such a awesome space saver. Man I will be following this and reading your other posts. Thank you very much for sharing what you got going on man.

250wscrogger

If you're not worried about numbers you could make a 5x22 tray out of 2x6's, plywood and pondliner.

6k over 480 plants 6'' pots of your preferred medium (80 per 1k)...true SOG straight 12/12 from rooted clone

quickest possible turnaround due to no veg time and it would be easy to hit 2.5-3lb per 1k once dialed.

Leigh

Hey Leigh cool setup so far, keep us posted. I remember loving your stadiu back in the dayat HG, it was one of the first stadiums I listed in my Vert 101 thread when I started it there. I still use a picture grabbed from your thread. So much info lost, not least of all your thread there. :(

There is a site that has yourstadium grow arhived, I dont have the link here on my laptop, I'll find it when I'm on my main machine.

Good to see you around!
Keep it Green
MGT

Thx and I remember you aswell MGT:tiphat:
Feel free to list this too if you like. I suppose it falls more under the WOG (Wall of Green) more than stadium???

Latest posts

Latest posts