What's new

Legalize MJ ! Really? No I mean REALLY?

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
And in doing it your way, we grow government, erect barriers for small growers and become less free in the process.

My priorities extend beyond smoking pot.
its a matter of perspective.

from my perspective a few regulations on commercial operators is less governmental interference than the current absolute prohibition.

right now if i want to grow personally i have to involve the government in the form of a med rec and a license.

when this bill passes i wont have to involve the government at all..

that is less government.

CaptainTrips

right now they cant, because they are not currently in control of the executive branch, but that could change in 2012. At that point they will fully ignore states rights if they regain power.

Prop 19 will protect you, if it has passed, and has been debated on in a national stage.

I assume you are talking about presidency as far as prop 215 not offering any protection. If prop 215 won't protect me, how will prop 19? If they are going to go after prop 215, they are even more likely to go after prop 19.

igrowone

Veteran
I assume you are talking about presidency as far as prop 215 not offering any protection. If prop 215 won't protect me, how will prop 19? If they are going to go after prop 215, they are even more likely to go after prop 19.

prop 19 and 215 are both state laws, federal overrides as distasteful as that is
it's more about numbers, it's double the trouble for federal enforcement, which might push in some federal changes

CaptainTrips

prop 19 and 215 are both state laws, federal overrides as distasteful as that is
it's more about numbers, it's double the trouble for federal enforcement, which might push in some federal changes

Yeah, prop 19 could cause new crackdowns from the feds and bring new heat to everybody. Just speculation on my part, just like saying prop 19 will offer more protection than 215 is. (from a federal view)

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran

thats thing. just cause you vote for the freedom, doesn't mean it is going to be easy to defend that freedom. As the saying goes freedom isnt free. Cali growers as a whole will have to put there foot down and say enough is enough, we legalized and we have a wealthy leader of the pot business community, that is backed by the state.

I want prop 19 to pass, but I never said it was going to be easy at first. However it will be exponentially easier with the current executive branch, than it would be with a bible thumping born again crowd in power.

what I saying is now is the time to move ahead, it isn't going to get easier, so lets just get it done. I'm sorry that that change is hard, but it is.

igrowone

Veteran
Yeah, prop 19 could cause new crackdowns from the feds and bring new heat to everybody. Just speculation on my part, just like saying prop 19 will offer more protection than 215 is. (from a federal view)

by the federal law, in principle not much different
in practice, DEA is overwhelmed, what are they going to do? send every field agent to California?
you can measure DEA effectiveness by the price of weed, and it's plunging
and the MMJ factory deal, there is some perception by people with lots of money that DEA will not shut them down, big money can be wrong, but not usually

Limeygreen

Veteran
Are you fucking joking? Cannabis a gateway Drug? Causing schizophrenia? If that was true I should be taking every drug under the sun, and be psycho as hell, but maybe because I only smoke Cannabis resin, and not bud I am to stoned to even find the gate?
Never wanted to try meth or coke but glad you lived through it even if you don't seem quite all here.....
Hint it is not Cannabis causing your problems, it is you.

-SamS

Tried to quote the one Sam Quoted.

I have had no problem smoking multiple times a day every day for years and then stopping the next day for months if I so choose, the only affect is the first couple of nights when I go to sleep I feel weird because i didn't smoke but I don't loose sleep and before I smoked a joint I wanted to try mushrooms, didn't like them so I don't use them. I also knew a guy who is schizo, if he doesn't take his meds he hallucinates, yet he drives while on acid, not smart, but he didn't this because he smoked joints but because its who he is. If weed is a gateway drug, so is coffee, sugar and breather fucking air because after my first breathe of air, i haven't been able to stop, right now I just took about 30 hoots of some sweet sweet air.

grapeman

Veteran
this is where our views differ...
right now in order to grow any pot whatsoever i have to "ask permission" in the guise of a med rec.
if prop 19 passes i dont have to ask anyone or pay a "doctor" or register a damn thing to grow my own smoke.

As if you haven't said the same thing over and over again. Yet still, you have not addressed the issue of this thread.

It's tiresome dealing with such one dimensional retardation where pot is the over riding factor in your decision making.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
It's tiresome dealing with such one dimensional retardation

It's tiresome watching one guy who is attempting to win a battle against big government in the one area where allowing a new law might actually do some good.

If pot is so unimportant to you, maybe you should look into joining a forum where people discuss anarchy and rebellion and not paying their taxes since all government intervention into commerce and free trade is evil. You'd probably get a lot more fans that way, too!

Leave the discussions about the merits of marijuana regulation to us potheads.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
As if you haven't said the same thing over and over again. Yet still, you have not addressed the issue of this thread.

It's tiresome dealing with such one dimensional retardation where pot is the over riding factor in your decision making.

i was addressing something yousaid. if it was off topic from the op that would be caused by youtaking it there...
that being said.....

my priorities also extend beyond smoking pot however the original intent of this thread was potential regulation vis a vis prop.19 and the unintended consequences thereof.

it is my contention that tc2010 is a loosening of current restriction/regulation that was the point of my post and since you have expressed a frustration with your level of retardation i have
explained the original intent of the thread
pointed out how your ad hominem concerning how "one dimensional" my thinking is off topic
explained my position and how it relates to the OP

all without the childish need to insult....doodie head

oops

now you come back with a middle school insult and tell me how im off topic:tiphat:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
exactly. that is what I have been trying to say.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^Ya they also said Lehman Brothers wasn't going under.

Dont give up. vote yes on prop 19

ReelBusy1

Breeder
ICMag Donor
Just had a look at this site.......check the link:

http://www.intrade.com/?request_operation=main&request_type=action&checkHomePage=true

*scroll to the bottom of the page.

......so Prop 19 passing doesn't look so good right now.....according to that.....sadly.

....money talks......and it looks like people are betting against Prop 19 passing....

oh the punters are not always right.
Ferdinand wasn't supposed to win the Kentucky derby but he wound up paying 40-1.

But as an open letter to everyone else.....

The local LA Times most recent poll of LIKELY VOTERS (polling qualification that skews Republican ) has FOR at 48% AGAINST 44%.
It's a fight
but secretly a lot of closet smokers will not say so publicly but will vote yes for their own legal self interests. and a lot of parents of a certain generation don't want their kids and grand kids facing arrest for trying a joint either.
it will be close either way so every vote will count

This election is not about 5x5 grow spaces and retail chains and Phillip Morris like industrialization.

This election is about sending a message to Washington that Prohibition is a failed public policy. Period.

If you think Prohibition works and 800,000 cannabis users arrested every year is a good thing then vote to send them to jail like the GOP, DEA and cops want you to. Be their punk bitch.

Any other argument is just loaded with greed and self interest. no taxes better bill blah blah blah. all against MORE OVERALL RIGHTS FOR ALL CITIZENS.PERIOD.

When do you think you will get a chance to send this message directly again?
Can you vote on this every year?
No

The time is now and the people to do it are us and that my friends is that.

This may be the only ballot battle for cannabis rights in CA for years because failure can kill momentum, So if you not willing to get on the horse and ride it into the battle for every vote now when the CannaBarbarians are at the gates trying to kill this with every force of condemnation and dollar they have then you don't realize what victory means to the other side.

Roiling back SB420 and Prop 215 would be next.

For gods sake the GOP is running this year on a platform of Repeal Everything.
You don't think 215 and MMJ is on their hit list - wake the fuck up.

This is the new civil war and you are either for Slave States or Free States.

Make CA one of the free ones and the rest of the country follows.

Again, Prohibition is a failed public policy. Period

Peace

:deadhorse

grapeman

Veteran
It's tiresome watching one guy who is attempting to win a battle against big government in the one area where allowing a new law might actually do some good.

If pot is so unimportant to you, maybe you should look into joining a forum where people discuss anarchy and rebellion and not paying their taxes since all government intervention into commerce and free trade is evil. You'd probably get a lot more fans that way, too!

Leave the discussions about the merits of marijuana regulation to us potheads.

All laws have effects beyond the original intent. This was never a pass this law/not pass this law. It was about the unintended consequences of government regulations. you fucking moron. Go to another thread where the OP is yes or no on the current bill.

It's government regulation that makes an asthma inhaler $40 in the US while in Mexico the same product is $20. In Italy when I was there last, the cost was $5. All due to government.

I am in favor of the legalization of all drugs All of them. If the user can't figure it out, then too fucking bad for them. I want the government out of my life. I don't want MORE regulation just so I can smoke a joint. And that is the bigger picture. I, unlike you, don't have my tongue hanging out and up the crack of a simpleton politician just because they want to regulate and tax a simple weed, which is THE assault on freedoms.... more regulations and a departure from the free market. I live in the free market. The product I produce is strictly subject to supply & demand, once the PRODUCTION of that product abides by a mountain of regulation.

Oh! And why the fuck are you still here? You don't even live in Cali, you don't vote in Cali and on top of that, you still can't keep up with the topic.

Start your own thread titled "I don't live in Cali but I want to tell others there how to vote". In case you can't comprehend well, I haven't advocated how to vote on this bill one way or another.

BTW - I never said pot wasn't important. But let me say this slowly for you. F r e e d o m s b e i n g l os t a r e m o r e i m p o r t an t. You remind me of Nero. Just as long as you can smoke your joint (can't be bothered to get a script) you don't give a fuck that Rome is burning. All the while watching as large dispensaries are angling to lock out their competition.

Last edited:

mullray

Funny how for years people have been screaming "LEGALIZE" and now when its getting near people are screaming "DON'T LEGALIZE." Wake up and smell the roses. If and when they legalise you will have corporations who provide the legal product as with any other product. What would you suggest. Don't legalize so commercial growers can keep on making cash, get busted and fill up prisons. Prop 19 isn't perfect but its' all we have for now. Grapeman, I too have to live with similar regulations to those you specify. That's a whole lot better than being busted trying to buy or sell sulfur. I think of it as the cost of doing business and the headaches associated to doing business. Welcome to the real world. BTW - point taken re "I haven't advocated how to vote on this bill one way or another."
So if you're going to sit on the fence sit on the fence.

mullray

Actually the feds tried to shut down the medical scene since it started. I think 14 years has proven that all they cant do it all. The movement has only gotten stronger. The federal government has changed hands now, and see this, so they have backed off slightly. It wont last though. which is why it is time to step up our legal arsenal. prop 19 is a great weapon against the federal governments efforts to hold us back.

My view is if you vote no on prop 19 then you are trading your freedom for your relative financial and legal safety. there is nothing safe about it though. as soon as the bible thumpers are back in power prop 215 wont mean shit to them. they have no respect for anything, except a fictional dictator from the sky, and believe it makes anything they do justifiable.

We must vote yes on prop 215 to bring the national pot debate to a boiling point.

again with the bad pun. "America, It's time to shit or get off the pot." and cali whether you like it or not, you are and have been the guinea pigs for this since prop 215 passed.

Please all california residents please vote yes on prop 19. lets get the job done and stick it to the DEA with class.

We're on the same page HZ. Vote Prop 19 and stick it to the DEA and let the other scum know its about time they started looking for new work. But bro, back to my point it's going to be one hell of a shitfight but for what it's worth I'm in. Latest press ..... http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/22/us/22oakland.html?ref=sanfranciscobayarea

igrowone

Veteran
It's government regulation that makes an asthma inhaler $40 in the US while in Mexico the same product is $20. In Italy when I was there last, the cost was $5. All due to government.

Italy has a highly regulated medical system, we're talking pretty socialized medicine there. Obamacare is tame compared to the Italian system.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
you fucking moron. I, unlike you, don't have my tongue hanging out and up the crack of a simpleton politician...Oh! And why the fuck are you still here?

Eat. Several. Dicks.

Thank you, drive through.