What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legalize Marijuana-California Initiatives

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Weed should never be equal in monetary value to common vegetables. Which will last longer and which would someone rather have, a pound of weed or a pound of carrots?

If more people would grow their own then prices would be driven down, but not everyone can do it for a lot of different reasons. So as long as people are willing to spend their money on something they could do themselves there will be a market.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Weed should never be equal in monetary value to common vegetables. Which will last longer and which would someone rather have, a pound of weed or a pound of carrots?
I believe that would depend on how 'hungry' one is at that moment.. guess you could eat the weed but then you'd be more hungriest! HAHA!

smokefrogg

Veteran
If more people would grow their own then prices would be driven down, but not everyone can do it for a lot of different reasons. So as long as people are willing to spend their money on something they could do themselves there will be a market.

i am convinced that it's moreso that folks just don't want to bother with it rather than them actually not being able to

my grows are not impressive at all, i started in a tiny 18"x32"x5' ikea wardrobe in a tiny apartment, it worked though and i was about 60% self sufficient. i go on some medical mj boards and it just seems almost everyone has an excuse as to why they can't, too small of a space (b.s.) or too much electricity (b.s.) or too expensive to startup (b.s.) or the smell (b.s.), it's almost always something that is really not a big deal and definitely not a major hurdle, just a bunch of bull excuses is what it sounds like to me honestly, i try to offer creative cheap ideas for small spaces but it just meets a wall almost every time, i won't give up on preaching this to them though haha *broken record*

onegreenday

Veteran
Steve Kubby
DON’T BE FOOLED BY MISINFORMATION ABOUT RMLW

Members of another initiative are claiming, "RMLW has federal preemption issues.” Here are the facts:

--The Feds will attack ANY initiative regardless of the wording ... RCPA, RMLW, Jack Herer's - all will be attacked - if passed by the voters.

--The important point to consider is - how are we going to fund a defense of this attack? Where is the money going to come from?

--RMLW is the only initiative that requires the State of California to fund the defense from the inevitable attack from the Feds. No matter how lousy the AG's arguments, we will file amicus briefs, at no cost to us, and fight the feds tooth and nail. Maybe some of our clauses will be stricken, but the bulk will remain and the feds won't be able to bribe police and prosecutors with federal money anymore.

From the Regulate Marijuana Like Wine Act:

"(g) The State of California is ordered to protect and defend all provisions of this Act from any and all challenges or litigation, whether by persons, officials, cities, counties, the state or federal governments."

OVER $100,000 IN DONATIONS!

Thanks to your donation and the donations of hundreds of others, the Regulate Marijuana Like Wine campaign has collected over $100,000 in cash and 20,000 signatures during the 4th quarter of this year.

Currently, we have 7 offices spread out from San Diego to Chico and Humboldt. Approximately 150 people are carrying our petitions on the streets. These numbers are growing each day.

The Regulate Marijuana Like Wine campaign is incredibly fortunate to have heros like LAPD Deputy Police Chief Stephen Downing, Judge Jim Gray, Lt. Diane Goldstein, and dozens of volunteers who carry petitions each day to bankrupt violent street gangs, drug cartels and international terrorists and force them OUT OF BUSINESS.

Regulate Marijuana Like Wine Petitions are now available in two sizes at our website. Click: Download to get Your Own Petition Packet (.zip) Get valid, registered voters signatures - and snail-mail it back to us! Or, if you prefer, Contact RMLW-2012 Campaign Offices to get printed petitions mailed to your office, club, clinic or store location.

See attached photocopy of our Bank of America statement showing a current RMLW Campaign balance of $85,299.

THANK YOU FOR DOING YOUR PART TO MAKE THIS HISTORIC INITIATIVE A REALITY!

Attachments

• 406928_10150578611156955_620261954_10941250_760160719_n.jpg
    406928_10150578611156955_620261954_10941250_760160719_n.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 19
C

chase

Im a medical marijuana patient , & I belive that this would hurt patients. I like to grow my own meds , I cant aford to make some gov approved oakland based mmj cartell rich .
I will have to look into this more , but recreational users can find ther own pot.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im a medical marijuana patient , & I belive that this would hurt patients. I like to grow my own meds , I cant aford to make some gov approved oakland based mmj cartell rich .
I will have to look into this more , but recreational users can find ther own pot.

Well said Chase and the RMWL (?) group who has $85K in B of A (right their I have a problem, why not use a local credit union?) I'm not really down with your idea's so good luck but I won't be supporting your idea's.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran

How would it hurt MMJ Patients?? And what does it have to do with whatever you are growing now??
It plainly states it will not change any existing MMJ Laws--:tiphat:

C

chase

How would it hurt MMJ Patients?? And what does it have to do with whatever you are growing now??
It plainly states it will not change any existing MMJ Laws--:tiphat:
I've reread what was writen in the first post , & if its reclasified like wine (you can grow consume or give away as much as you want) then fine.

BUT NO BILLION DOLLAR CARTELLS COMING OUT OF OAKLAND.
Im going to be real pissed if all I can get is gov brand purple kush , or something purple , & sleepy.

señorsloth

Veteran
so this talk of there being two measures on the ballot, what happened to that? i strongly believe that this measure will pass in California. UNLESS there are 2 separate measures like they were talking about awhile ago...maybe pot smokers would vote yes for both, but i think the majority of people voting yes who don't smoke will end up picking one or the other pretty randomly, instead of getting 55% of the vote for one initiative you will end up with 33% for each of the 2 separate initiatives...i'm pretty sure there is no way it will pass if there is more than one on the ballot. the majority of people we will need to vote yes will be non smokers, and they are going to be reluctant to vote yes on one, pretty popular initiative, much less to vote on two, confusingly identical ones...lets face it on this term there will be a LOT of sheeple coming out to just vote for the prez and then blah through everything else...happens every presidential election.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
so this talk of there being two measures on the ballot, what happened to that? i strongly believe that this measure will pass in California. UNLESS there are 2 separate measures like they were talking about awhile ago...maybe pot smokers would vote yes for both, but i think the majority of people voting yes who don't smoke will end up picking one or the other pretty randomly, instead of getting 55% of the vote for one initiative you will end up with 33% for each of the 2 separate initiatives...i'm pretty sure there is no way it will pass if there is more than one on the ballot. the majority of people we will need to vote yes will be non smokers, and they are going to be reluctant to vote yes on one, pretty popular initiative, much less to vote on two, confusingly identical ones...lets face it on this term there will be a LOT of sheeple coming out to just vote for the prez and then blah through everything else...happens every presidential election.

I think they are still signing Petitions...neither one has enough to get on yet-- I haven't really been following it lately...but I also hope there are not 2 on the Ballot...I agree, it will divide votes, and neither will pass--

jj.thecarnivore

:party:
I like the way you think! I want to go as soon as you open ^_^* sounds nice.

"Regulate MJ Like Wine."

Well. You can hardly sneeze around my neck of the woods, without hitting a biodynamic, organically certified, sustainable winery with wine tasting room.

I can't help wondering if this goes through, whether we'll see little MJ tasting rooms spring up. 15 strains in jar with a tasting menu - maybe $10 gets you five hits, one from each strain. Harvest/trim parties, special discounts and events for "members," music and barbecues, edibles and paraphernalia sold at 100% markup. I know darn well that that wine tasting crowd gets high too.

The more I think about it the more sense it makes. Making good wine is a heck of a lot harder than growing good herb, especially if you don't have to go on the sneak about it. And stoners make much better clientele than drunks.

I sure wouldn't mind owning and operating a little plot of earth with an MJ tasting barn. Something to aspire to.

onegreenday

Veteran
I suspect you may be right with the multiple ballot initiatives.

It looks like there could be more than 2 ballot initiatives for
this election cycle.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Regulate Marijuana Like Wine Initiative Gathers 20,000 Signatures

Additional current info I found on the web:

California registered voters, If you'd like to help with gathering signatures for the initiative the petiton can be found on the menu bar and downlaoded from thier website here:
Regulate Marijuana Like Wine

..and a recent story..DD

By Nick SchouTue., Jan. 3 2012 at 4:00 PM
The last few months of 2011 weren't exactly fun for advocates of medical marijuana in California. The federal government threatened to seize properties being used for illegally cultivating or dispensing marijuana, media organizations including this one were put on alert that they could be prosecuted for running ads for dispensaries, and a confusing court case from Long Beach seemed to provide cities with a convenient rationale for banning storefront pot shops.

But the news wasn't all bad--apparently, the fourth quarter of last year saw a major boost for the so-called Regulate Marijuana Like Wine Initiative, which is slated for this November's ballot and if passed, would effectively legalize marijuana for recreational use by adults.

Specifically, according to the campaign's organizers, they raised $100,000 and collected 20,000 signatures last fall. The ballot initiative's backers have set up seven campaign headquarters up and down the state, and are planning major outreach efforts this year. Notable supporters range from the predictable--Tommy Chong and Stephen DeAngelo, CEO of Oakland's Harborside Health Center mega-dispensary and star of the Discovery Channel's new medical marijuana-themed reality show Weed Wars--to libertarians like Jim Gray, the former Orange County Superior Court judge, U.S. Congressman Dana Rohrabacher (R-Huntington Beach) and California State Assemblyman Chris Norby R-Fullerton).

Meanwhile, polls conducted by the group estimate that 62 percent of Americans favor treating marijuana like California's other famous export--wine. Now there's an idea on how to revitalize California's economy: turn marijuana into the state's number one legal--and therefore taxable--cash crop. Given the fact that the Netherlands, the world's current top destination for cannabis tourists around the world--plans to ban non-Dutch citizens from having access to marijuana in January 2013, the timing seems ideal for passing that distinction on to the Golden State.

Last edited:
S

SeaMaiden

Subscribed, as we gird ourselves to ready for battle with Amador County's emergency ban on all outdoor cultivation. I know we're talking about a local issue vs a state issue, but state laws and constitution still, to the best of my knowledge, extend to local municipalities. If the state gets this better sorted out then perhaps our county will be forced to drop the kind of regulation that's being currently discussed.

onegreenday

Veteran
This part of Regulate Like Wine should solve your problem w the county.

quote:(1) No taxes, fees, laws, rules, regulations, zones, local city or county zoning requirements may be adopted or enacted to defeat, deny, or prohibit the purposes of this Act, or to defeat, deny, or prohibit this adult class or, associations, organizations, commercial, agricultural, or industrial businesses authorized herein, from engaging in the activities authorized and protected by this Act.

Subscribed, as we gird ourselves to ready for battle with Amador County's emergency ban on all outdoor cultivation. I know we're talking about a local issue vs a state issue, but state laws and constitution still, to the best of my knowledge, extend to local municipalities. If the state gets this better sorted out then perhaps our county will be forced to drop the kind of regulation that's being currently discussed.

If they only got 20,000 sigs then this is shot according to vta's original post

On Monday, the secretary of state's office said proponents can begin gathering the 504,760 signatures they'll need to collect by Dec. 19 to put the initiative on the June or November ballots next year. The timing depends on how quickly the signatures are submitted and verified, although Kubby said proponents plan to submit revisions that would likely push the measure to the November general election.

Something must be wrong because they seem like they are still rolling full steam on the website.

Latest posts

Latest posts