What's new

Legalization in Colorado:Cannabis banned in 228 of the state's 331 jurisdictions.

HarvestMoon303

Cannabis banned in 228 of the state's 331 jurisdictions, corporations can grow all the can, but medical patients and caregivers get reduced plant counts ECT.

Beginning Jan. 1, the maximum number of plants marijuana caregivers can grow will drop from 495 to 99 - one of the most sweeping changes to the caregivers program since Colorado voters approved medical marijuana in 2000.

It seems like the restrictions grow everyday!

If that is winning I would hate to see what losing looks like.
You must be Charlie Sheen...."winning" :biggrin:

Peace
Shag
99 plants is most likely a plan to keep the feds out. Over 99 is too appealing for the Feds. I don't really see a problem there. 99 plants isn't enough? Really?

When you say "Cannabis Banned in 228 of 331", what does that actually mean? It certainly doesn't mean that medical or rec is prohibited, or that growing is prohibited. I'm guessing that it means there are no dispensaries there?

I live in CO, and the grower/growing environment is pretty healthy. It looks like you're in MI, which is where I'm from, but I have no desire to play their state laws. MI is 10x worse than the actual "legal" states like CO, WA, CA.

shaggyballs

Veteran
99 plants is most likely a plan to keep the feds out. Over 99 is too appealing for the Feds. I don't really see a problem there. 99 plants isn't enough? Really?
It is not the number I take issue with!
The reduction or restriction put in place after legalization is the part that leaves a bad taste in my mouth!
Commercial operations have no plant restrictions.

When you say "Cannabis Banned in 228 of 331", what does that actually mean?
You live there, it would be best for you to give a boots on the ground report...no? It certainly doesn't mean that medical or rec is prohibited, or that growing is prohibited. Denver,The city passed an ordinance capping the number of dispensaries and grow facilities at the present level.Amendment 64 decriminalized marijuana statewide, but Colorado’s cities and counties still decide if the drug can be grown and sold locally. At least 70% of the municipalities in the state have banned commercial operations, either by popular vote or board decisions. a measure on the November state ballot that would limit the active drug ingredient THC in cannabis candy and concentrates
Pueblo has gathered enough signatures to put a measure on the November ballot to revoke all the recreational marijuana licenses in the county.
Commissioner Pace, is hoping to rid Pueblo of legal marijuana.I'm guessing that it means there are no dispensaries there? yes, there are many many here!

I live in CO, and the grower/growing environment is pretty healthy. It looks like you're in MI, which is where I'm from, but I have no desire to play their state laws. MI is 10x worse than the actual "legal" states like CO, WA, CA.
The law in CO. allows residents to cultivate up to 6 plants, only 3 of which can be in the flowering stage
Legally here in MI. we can grow 12 plants in flower per patient, so you say you have it 10x better there? Are you saying 1 patient can grow 120 plants in flower there or what are you really trying to say? Why is it 10x better?
Maybe for the big dogs below!

pot07_a.jpg

Workers planting marijuana on June 17, 2016, at Los Sueños Farms, in Pueblo, Colo., the largest outdoor legal grow facility in the U.S.
Are their plant counts restricted? From the looks of things, no!

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Money talks. Some of the jurisdictions that previously banned SALES (only) are starting to flip over as they see the tax money other places rake in. Possession and growing are still allowed on a limited basis in Colorado. I am not a fan of the high taxes because it leaves room for cartels, huge illegal grows and the black market. Anyway things work for me as I grow my own and also purchase new varieties at the MMJ disp.

Cannabis banned in 228 of the state's 331 jurisdictions, corporations can grow all the can, but medical patients and caregivers get reduced plant counts ECT.

Beginning Jan. 1, the maximum number of plants marijuana caregivers can grow will drop from 495 to 99 - one of the most sweeping changes to the caregivers program since Colorado voters approved medical marijuana in 2000.

It seems like the restrictions grow everyday!

If that is winning I would hate to see what losing looks like.
You must be Charlie Sheen...."winning" :biggrin:

Peace
Shag

Its not about winning. Its just that I don't care.

bs