What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legal weed.... In Thailand??

cannabistourist

yes it is now legal and many farmers are going to grow it

yes it is now legal and many farmers are going to grow it

yes it is now legal and many farmers are going to grow it. I am enjoying it now that I am writing <3

F2F

Fantasy - regulation and structure of international markets provides export sales channel for weed grown in SE Asia & Central America. Fucking mind blowing strains of yesteryear get their day and rise up once again!!!!!!!!

:dance013::dance013::dance013:

Cheers,
F2F

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
yes it is now legal and many farmers are going to grow it. I am enjoying it now that I am writing <3

I do not think it is in effect yet. Last I heard they were still busting people for insignificant amounts of weed, like even a roach. Need to carry $1000 cash as bribe or go to their nasty jails. Considering how backward they are, any improvements are amazing.

The problems are probably in tourist areas. Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, or Issan are probably not a problem, although those areas are under about 4 feet of water.

Goodherb

Fantasy

Fantasy

F2F, on this island where I'm living,the authority about 18 months ago ,passed and enacted an medical industry bill. Things on move now ,about 10 foreign (mainly Canadian) companies are here already,licenses issued, grounds site are currently being prepared,actual growing should be by november . I myself have submitted an application, for an traditional cultivators license (up to 5 acres) awaiting response, approval ,JAH willing !
Some Thia's ,will love to try.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great news. Wondered when they would let a fairly harmless plant be legal, and when they at one time had the best export pot in the world, or close to it.

They let you buy prostitutes and drink till your liver dies, so why not let a benign plant be used. I think the reason is they worry you will get lazy, really. The old Thai stick was mostly not lazy weed though, will see if the old lines can get resurrected.

romanoweed

But are seeds legal for autorisized Persons by now, since goverment can grow it legally as Medicament..?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
F2F, on this island where I'm living,the authority about 18 months ago ,passed and enacted an medical industry bill. Things on move now ,about 10 foreign (mainly Canadian) companies are here already,licenses issued, grounds site are currently being prepared,actual growing should be by november . I myself have submitted an application, for an traditional cultivators license (up to 5 acres) awaiting response, approval ,JAH willing !

What strains will you grow?

Loc Dog

Veteran
Great news. Wondered when they would let a fairly harmless plant be legal, and when they at one time had the best export pot in the world, or close to it.

They let you buy prostitutes and drink till your liver dies, so why not let a benign plant be used. I think the reason is they worry you will get lazy, really. The old Thai stick was mostly not lazy weed though, will see if the old lines can get resurrected.

Kratom is illegal there, were it grows wild and has been used for centuries. Laborers use it to make work more bearable and help with pain, but it was outlawed. It is real pain in the ass place to visit for any length of time. Most visas require you to cross a border and come back in every 90 days, they want to know where you are staying, and want to be sure you can afford to leave. There are 35 jobs foreigners can not get, and need special visa to work.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Look at the Plants in the Background at this "medical?" festival! https://youtu.be/gI12sXT5VYc?t=1m6s sexy thin thaiweed! Can i buy this in drugstore now? goodherb?

Less than a year ago, I heard of people at bars having to take piss tests and if they failed they were arrested. Also if caught with small amount needed $1000 to bribe your way out of jail. This was in Phuket which is one of the biggest tourist areas.

F2F

GoGo Goodherb

GoGo Goodherb

I myself have submitted an application, for an traditional cultivators license (up to 5 acres) awaiting response, approval ,JAH willing !

I will come visit Thailand to see the revolution I think. ;)

Jah be with you Goodherb! :biggrin: I wish you all the best of luck and good blessings.

Best,
F2F

Loc Dog

Veteran
Look at the Plants in the Background at this "medical?" festival! https://youtu.be/gI12sXT5VYc?t=1m6s sexy thin thaiweed! Can i buy this in drugstore now? goodherb?

No not for sale yet. I saw busts in the news a few weeks ago and they had about a pound of some really mangy looking weed. They go after kratom and especially meth. I am always seeing articles about meth and meth pill busts. You can look at phuket news.

Here is huge drug bust that involved weed from August 26th -

https://www.thephuketnews.com/regio...e-drugs-haul-targets-illegal-racers-72633.php

romanoweed

Loc Dog: but growing it they are, as you probably know : https://youtu.be/nTJKNEaOFbY?t=4m10s . Looks also like Thai ish landrace. They speak about the autorisized Cannabis and that it has to be controlled in therms of soil, climate, and security conditions.

They first have to learn again how to grow proper Thaiweed i guess. First Steps ..
Joke, nono.. But im asking myselve is this the Doctors and Gardeners? Or are there Rally private canadian seedcompanies. The canadian compynies make me Abit fear by possibly spreading their hybrid pollen, but you never know if the People turn away from skunkhybrids once its a legal Thing. Probably its rather a fastflowering liking and therefore a security-quest. I also often see: they cross their thaiweed with hybrids 50750, so they dont completly stand on couchlook weed in General . cause why would they do that crossings of landrace Thai and hybrid? So i still have a bit hope regarding the amount stray hybrid pollen in high quantities.. But could be aleast a Little Problem for the future of Thai landrace
I hope we westeners can secure a fast majority as soon as seeds can be traded(if they now can be traded) legally with us

Last edited:

romanoweed

I have to come back to that Statement , and it has good News in it aswell as bad. So you can license traditional thaiweed cultivars.. Cool man, sounds so good. Im curious, can you bring your own Landrace seeds, or are thes coming from the State.? This Sounds partly superb man. Just the words : LICENSE TRADITIONAL CULTIVARS sound wonderful in my Ears

F2F

Well on our way then...

Well on our way then...

:)

Came across a thread regarding Colombia (not CAM, but North LATAM). The world is changing! This piece I hope continues to be for the good.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=346448

I had not thought about contaminating pollen etc. Let's hope it doesn't become a problem.

Were the old Thai cultivars harvested once per year, or perpetually? I get the feeling plants could reveg over and over in that climate also read it was done with some Africa sativas (La Reunion).

Cheers,
F2F

Goodherb

Mishap

Mishap

Sorry guy's, I didn't meet to misled you'll, especially F2F.I didn't mentioned which island I'm living on .its not in the southeast Asia sea. Sorry again ,about the confusion(seeing this is an Thailand thread) .I'm in the southern Caribbean sea,island;country:Saint Vincent and the Grenadines,45 minutes west of Barbados!
Yes, a traditional cultivators license commodation, is incorporated into the medical industry here.

F2F

All good Goodherb.

You are at 13degN I see. Awesome sativa land!!! Will you grow "local" or landrace strains? What will they be?

Best,
Dave

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
:)

Came across a thread regarding Colombia (not CAM, but North LATAM). The world is changing! This piece I hope continues to be for the good.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=346448

I had not thought about contaminating pollen etc. Let's hope it doesn't become a problem.

Were the old Thai cultivars harvested once per year, or perpetually? I get the feeling plants could reveg over and over in that climate also read it was done with some Africa sativas (La Reunion).

Cheers,
F2F
Im fairly certain the old thai varieties were only grown once a year,

sativas even in the tropics have a specific season ,
toward the end of the monsoon season is most likely when they were planted ,
and harvested in the drier times when it is a little cooler also ,
doubtful they would leave them to regrow ,
since it would mean tackling the monsoon season before the plants could flower ,
i would almost bet they cut them all down when they were ready ,
and simply planted more as they had done previously ...

while they can reveg once the hours are increasing ,
there would be no point to it really ,
annual plants are always best grown as annuals ,
despite some being able to be almost bi annual in some cases and climates...

clearheaded

Kratom is illegal there, were it grows wild and has been used for centuries. Laborers use it to make work more bearable and help with pain, but it was outlawed. It is real pain in the ass place to visit for any length of time. Most visas require you to cross a border and come back in every 90 days, they want to know where you are staying, and want to be sure you can afford to leave. There are 35 jobs foreigners can not get, and need special visa to work.

thats pretty standard, I assure you a thai person cant come to the states with no visa and work ;) nor stay for more then 3-6 months.