What's new

Legal MJ home growers and plant numbers specifically CO

FireIn.TheSky

You see there legalization ain't shit if you push it past 30 plants. It might as well still be illegal at that point.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Their theory is continuous production. That is why they say 3 immature, and three flowering plants. To make it work good you need a flowering room, and a vegging room, and run clones (no mother plants allowed) which I don't like to do. Oh well it is better then nothing.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Mjpassion if I can legally find where they manufacture gold bricks and legal pharmaceuticals and who runs them , why wouldn't you be able to find the growers producing the product I inhale into my lungs. With legal grows, you can have modern security systems and armed guards.

Hiding from the consumers you sell from is prohibiton based. It limits competition and choice. That is something you see here on Corado. While I can find every legal grow through the state websites, most have producers are using a separate business name to the ones they sell under. It is also the case the most produces don't brand their cannabis and just gets sold as the dispensaries product.

This leads to everytime you buy it is a shot in thr dark. By following producers, the consumer can find trusted brands. It also allows the consumer to take legal action against unscrupulous producers. Transparency is key to trusting a product that is consumed daily.

What the hell are you responding to?
This thread has absolutely ZERO to do with comercial grows.

Glad you wasted your time posting this shit!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Their theory is continuous production. That is why they say 3 immature, and three flowering plants. To make it work good you need a flowering room, and a vegging room, and run clones (no mother plants allowed) which I don't like to do. Oh well it is better then nothing.

3 varieties, vegged for 6 weeks, 2 cuts of each taken (unrooted cuts aren't "plants") keeping best rooted/most vigorous of each, Flower vegged plants while vegging clones... Repeat...
Each variety could be on its own schedule & still work out.
However,...

Since when is a limitation considered freedom?
Kinda oxymoronic if ya ask me.

Betterhaff

Veteran
3 varieties, vegged for 6 weeks, 2 cuts of each taken (unrooted cuts aren't "plants") keeping best rooted/most vigorous of each, Flower vegged plants while vegging clones... Repeat...
Each variety could be on its own schedule & still work out.
Put the 3 different varieties from veg into flower, keeping 2 cuts of each, keeping the most vigorous one when rooted would still be over the 6 plant limit and put you in the over 6 under 30 category until you disposed of the ones you didn’t want. As soon as a cut roots, it’s a plant.

I guess I’m nit-picking here but just goes to show how ridiculous the plant counts are.

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
I'm here in Oregon contending with the 4 legal plant limit. Not looking to go medical either.

I've gone with growing 4 plants in a 4x4 tent with a 600w light. Coco, Blumats and Lucas Forumla. I'd love to be ableto make crosses/pheno hunt etc, but i've gone with using Fem seeds for my first run here.

May keep a cut/reveg if any of them turn out nice. If not, I'll go with clones for next time.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Hey I was wondering how growers in legal states feel about plant number restrictions on the average home grower?

I am mainly using Colorado as an example here with their 6 plant limit for home growers but other legal growers can chime in too. Please no Medical Marijuana growers however, I am interesting in legal only.

Now is this 6 plants per adult over the age of 21 in a household? or is this 6 plants total for that property?

Do you adhere to the 6 plant limit or do you grow a moderate number more, lets say 20? Is anyone getting in trouble for growing more than 6 plants?

How is the black market doing? Do people still buy from the in state black market? Im not talking about shipping to other states, I am wondering if CO residents still buy from the black market?

How is the quality of legal MJ sold in stores?

A64 enumerates plant counts per person (6 total, 3 flowering) but some places try to limit it to 12 per household which is likely unconstitutional.

Even though we have 3 adults in our household we hold to Denver's 12/6 plant limit because we don't want any hassles & because harvests are more than adequate for personal consumption. Surplus over time makes for nice birthday presents & such. The law allows us to hold at home whatever we grow & to carry an ounce on the street.

A couple could keep a few mothers if they wanted but I just grow from seed as an exploration of the possibilities. Fems let us overlap crops when we want- veg 6 while 6 are in the last month of flowering. Otherwise I start 12 seeds when I harvest, pray for 6 girls. I save the close trim from successive harvests to make bubble hash when I have enough material to bother. That's also legal.

It works fine if all you want is to stay high. I can readily produce over 3lbs/yr if I want.

Retail weed is good if not great. My experience there is limited to what people bring by for the most part. Demand is such that they grow short flowering production strains & pump it out as fast as possible. Setting aside autoflowers, a whole different realm, we tend to prefer longer flowering varieties that the dispos just don't grow. 10 to 12 week varieties or longer seem to be the better bell ringers imho.

FireIn.TheSky

Satyagraha (/ˌsætɪəˈɡrɑːhɑː/; Sanskrit: सत्याग्रह satyāgraha) — loosely translated as "insistence on truth" (satya "truth"; agraha "insistence" or "holding firmly to") or holding onto truth[1] or truth force — is a particular form of nonviolent resistance or civil resistance. The term satyagraha was coined and developed by Mahatma Gandhi

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Retail weed is good if not great.
You mean there's been a significant change in quality since 3 years ago? That would be great. I haven't seen it in the samples others have shared lately, they must be buying lower shelf quality.

EastCoast710

Realistically you could make a good profit from 6 plants if you grew them huge and plopped like a 1k over each one of them.

I think 6 plants kind of sucks because I like to pheno hunt and will have a good deal more than that in veg even though I only run a few lights. I generally like many small plants vs just a few large ones.

In just thinking under legalization basically they arent hunting people down anymore, so if you fudge your numbers a bit no one really cares unless your like filling you entire house.

I kind of feel large producers just pick up the market share of the cartels with mediocre quality and pushing large quantities, I could be wrong though.

do what 90% of us are doing.. THE SAME THING WHEN IT WAS ILLEGAL.. THAT WE ARE GOING TO DO WHEN LEGAL LOL. GROW BUDS.. NOT GIVE A FUCK about the LAWS.. and KEEP SHIT QUITE

like honestly.. ill never be 100% legal .. never.. I have more than 12 moms.. what am I supposed to do ? lol

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I didn't get busted before...

I didn't get busted before...

do what 90% of us are doing.. THE SAME THING WHEN IT WAS ILLEGAL.. THAT WE ARE GOING TO DO WHEN LEGAL LOL. GROW BUDS.. NOT GIVE A FUCK about the LAWS.. and KEEP SHIT QUITE

like honestly.. ill never be 100% legal .. never.. I have more than 12 moms.. what am I supposed to do ? lol

I'm not going to be busted now :party: Just keeping it real

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You mean there's been a significant change in quality since 3 years ago? That would be great. I haven't seen it in the samples others have shared lately, they must be buying lower shelf quality.

My opinion, it's not that great. Having tried several in shops and shared with others...the GYO crowd wins hands down! Yet, it's an alternative...it's there and accessible. Quality runs the gamut. But great samples? Nahh.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
My opinion, it's not that great. Having tried several in shops and shared with others...the GYO crowd wins hands down! Yet, it's an alternative...it's there and accessible. Quality runs the gamut. But great samples? Nahh.
I'm with you.

Granted, it's significantly better than what you can/could get off the street in prohibition states.

EastCoast710

I'm not going to be busted now :party: Just keeping it real

well.. from what I was told.. in mass. anyone with a medical card.. is going to be the first ones on the list for plant count check-ins..

everyone else who isn't on the list.. they don't know about . so how are they going to know who to check?:tiphat:

I just mean ya don't go huge.. but I'm not going to worry about plant count like they want me to .. ill prolly have like 36 plants at all times.. at the least.

Jhhnn

Veteran

I'll confess to being spoiled by smoking my own but I try to keep some perspective. When you've been around as long as I have, you realize that the overall quality of weed is considerably higher than it was back in the day even if the best isn't any better.

Jhhnn

Veteran
It seems like a 6 plant count is enough smoke for one person. It gives me a little extra to give to friends to test potency. I have to start more to get the 50% ration of female sex or else fill out my number with some clones. It is way not enough to select for breeding purposes though. Trimming and grooming is getting to be a chore so I am glad there is a 6 plant limit. If it was more I sure would grow more. I would choose different varieties that finish at different times though, so the trimming would be spread out.

If it wasn't enough, I'd up my game. For anybody so inclined, this should be inspirational-

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=236262

Might want to think about fem seeds, too.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

If I had to guess...
Your probably seeing those $100 Oh Zees...

Funny thing about those...
I've had better stuff from that shelf than from the top shelf strains at a couple other places.

Dispensaries are selling names more than quality, imo&e.
It's ridiculous!

X

xavier7995

For legit personal use, I find the 6/12 to be reasonable to work with. It does severely limit pheno hunts and I am always way over during the cloning process but eh...it doesn't take much to put out 5 or 10 lbs a year with those numbers.

Alternatively, just keep quiet like it's still illegal and don't worry about it. They don't seem to bust people with 8/14 etc...just the obvious huge ops in residential areas.