What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

!!! LEGAL HOMEGROW IN FLORIDA - WE NEED YOUR HELP !!!

thethymeisNOW

I apologize for making assumptions about your history. That wasn't right for me to assume and was stated in a moment of frustration.

In no way did I attempt to mislead people into thinking felons can vote or sign petitions, nor did I specify that I'm a felon. The felonies I mentioned, and jail time associated with them, come straight from FL law.

I truncated your statement because I found those words to be so nonchalant regarding the penalties associated with breaking those 'stupid laws', it almost didn't matter what came next. I wanted to emphasize that risking years of your life, and a criminal record, for any selfless reason, isn't such an easy decision. Let's say a sick woman needs an ounce a week. Would anyone want to take on the task of keeping such a person in a state of manageable pain? Be their lifeline to cannabis? What if it's more than just one person in your life who needs it?

Two statements you made need correction:

1. The 1oz limit is specifically for possession in public, transportation, or gifting. You can have as much as you want in your home.

2. Arrest history and criminal record only come into play if you want to open a dispensary. All Floridians over 21 will be allowed to homegrow, regardless of their past.

That being said, I again want to apologize, especially to Retro, and to any other ICMAG users that are offended by any of my posts. I was talking down to you and that's not right. I'm guess we're just not going to see eye to eye on this.

(2) Growing no more than six cannabis plants per household member twenty-one years of age or older, with three or fewer being mature or flowering
plants, within a household member’s primary residence, provided that the growing takes place in an enclosed, locked space, is not conducted openly
or publicly, and the cannabis so grown is not made available for sale;

this is my issue with it. i prefer cathy jordans bill where there just one paragraph. not 4 pages. i'lll vote yes and sign all the petitions. but the one i really want is this one.

http://floridafreedomgroup.com/index.php/downloadable-pdfs/rightofadultstocannabis

FULL TEXT OF THE PROPOSED CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT:
All people in the State of Florida twenty-one years of age and older shall have the right under state laws to
possession, use, and cultivation of cannabis. This right shall not be infringed except that the transfer of
cannabis by purchase or sale may be regulated as necessary to ensure health and safety.
"Cannabis" in this section is defined as all parts of any plant of the genus Cannabis, whether growing or not,
and the seeds thereof.
The provisions of this section are severable and if any clause or sentence of this measure, or an application
thereof, is adjudged invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, other provisions shall continue to be in
effect to the fullest extent possible.
nice and simple. no bullshit , no hurdles.

Total is six plants, three flowering and tree vegging.

C'mon.. this is ICMAG.. your telling me you couldn't pull enough for personal use with 6 plants rotating?
i have 6 moms right now...why would i kill off 3? it's illegal and i still do whatever the fuck i want. but that kinda compromise is what i'm trying to avoid for everyone, not just myself.

RetroGrow

Veteran
this is my issue with it. i prefer cathy jordans bill where there just one paragraph. not 4 pages. i'lll vote yes and sign all the petitions. but the one i really want is this one.

http://floridafreedomgroup.com/index.php/downloadable-pdfs/rightofadultstocannabis

This is a much better petition than the other one. How can we let the people who demonized it all these years, and stood behind locking us up, turn around and make new rules, saying in effect, "we were wrong", but, we will lock you up all over again if you don't adhere to our "new rules"? Fooking ridiculous for them to include all these stipulations, leaving us still under the threat of arrest.

thethymeisNOW

i really want is this one.

I agree.. although I know that John and Jane Q Public are going to be in that voting booth, and Floridians are just fuckin nuts sometimes and I can easily see them rejecting it for it's simplicity .. which is the very thing that makes us like it!

If I could have my wish come true, it would be the Floridians for Freedom petition with no limits. The pragmatist in me is focusing on the most popular initiative (by far), which I still have concerns about being able to secure enough signatures.

That said.. I'm encouraging everyone to sign both petitions so we have some kind of shot at this. The only initiative I'm ignoring is the United for Care petition, otherwise known as the "Let us grow it and sell it to you" petition.

RetroGrow

Veteran
You can have as much as you want in your home.

That's bull, as far as I can see. Show me where it says "you can have as much as you want in your home".

Arrest history and criminal record only come into play if you want to open a dispensary.

Wrong. You cannot vote on this petition if you have a record.

Aside from that, providing enough oil for sick people would be impossible with a 3 plant limit, which is what this is, no matter how many times you post "3 in veg, 3 in flower". Three flowering plants will not provide enough oil for cancer patients, who need a gram of oil daily, nor will it provide the variety in strains that most of us are looking for. You won't be able to try out/test more than 3 strains at a time. If you are really sick, and choose the wrong strain, or if something else goes wrong, you could pay with your life. Why should we want any stipulations on how many types of medicine we might be able to try, particularly in a constitutional amendment? All these stipulations are unnecessary, and counterproductive.
It doesn't look like very much thought was put into it.
The second proposal is much more desirable.

thethymeisNOW

That's bull, as far as I can see. Show me where it says "you can have as much as you want in your home".

I'll get you some clarification on that. I agreed that I didn't like the wording, and they've verbally stated the limit only pertains to public, transport and gifting.. but again I agree it should be very specifically spelled out as to not leave it up to law enforcement to interpret.

2. Arrest history and criminal record only come into play if you want to open a dispensary. All Floridians over 21 will be allowed to homegrow, regardless of their past.

Wrong. You cannot vote on this petition if you have a record.

Please re-read my statement. I didn't say you can 'vote' on this petition if you have a record. I said, "All Floridians over 21 will be allowed to homegrow, regardless of their past."

Three flowering plants will not provide enough oil for cancer patients...

This I won't argue. You're right about this. For the average flower smoker, three plants flowering can be quite ample. Once you start concentrating into oil things get small quick, and I can see that becoming a problem. Also, I agree, adding even a fourth flowering plant will put you at risk for being made an example out of.

I also agree that the Floridians for Freedom initiative is the much better petition.. but my concern is that it's not nearly as popular with Floridians.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you don't think the better initiative is as popular...

You have time to make it that way...

Spend your efforts on the better initiative... Not the more popular one...

I think your failing to realize the 58% yes vote from 2 years ago...

Some of those no votes are no longer... They've since passed.
The younger generation is making a come up & changing things at a fairly rapid pace.

One of those two initiatives will pass if not both of them.

Why support the more restrictive one while ignoring the other?

Promote both with education.

Frustration gets you nowhere.
Do you talk to people on the street like your talking to the members here?

Latest posts

Latest posts