What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legal Grow n' Show Bubba Kush

Whats up man! Stopped by to check out your thread! Looking good so far! Not much in the way of advice about nutrients from me but here to watch the show!

Still trying to figure out this leaf curl, it's pretty aggressive at this point but the plants still growing.

I decided to transplant to a 5 Gallon smart pot at this point but looking at the small pot and how well the roots fill it, a multi feed DTW would work very well. Just need to dial in my nutrients.

One problem I did find was that my EC meter wasn't reading correctly. It was reading at EC .5 while the nutrient solution was actually EC 1.6.
So I was overfeeding with 4 feeds a day. The new meter arrived and my water was EC .9 which could very well be a problem. Decision is what I want to do with my water, for now I'll try a really low feeding with hopes that works. If not I'll probably get an RO system.

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
interesting. i just finished hso bubba kush. she was in soil under 400w hps. 2,5 months veg and 2,5 months flowering. yield 62gr smokeable nuggets but also somewhere 18gr stuff to make hash or else. it smells like coffee and tastes that same. high is like hammer which keeps raising but at the same time it's waving saw. then it will knock off and give rest till next day.

leaf curl like that usually means the plant is transpiring faster then it can drink... larger pot may work against you here and drown your roots..what is your enviroment like ?

Hey, thanks for dropping by and providing feedback!

That's what I had thought as well but when I checked RH has been good in the tent, air flow is light and I backed off feeding and the curl actually increased. When I went to transplant I was back down to 1 light feed a day and the roots hardly felt damp when I moved them over.

I'm really stumped on this one - the last thing is my water at .9 EC which I'm thinking is probably responsible for something weird going on.

19-22C
55-70RH
LED is 20" from plants

bigpeter

I dont have any answers for the leaf curl but looking at those roots they're ready for potting up. I'd put them in a smaller pot than 5 gallons but if thats all you got go for it. Keep your ec low at first and gradually increase to recommended feeding schedule.

Latest posts

Latest posts