What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legal cannabis packaging announced... ain't this a pile of bs

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Can't be done with a spray. They'd have to do it genetically, so they'll never do that. Too expensive and dangerous just for starters.

Personally, I hope they do because the minute the public finds out it's GMO, my weed prices will skyrocket to 3-4k/lb.

Maple_Flail

You theorists really need to go outside get some fresh air and actually think about what you are saying.

Think it through, Think about how much is grown in any given country, there is no country that has the infrastructure to manage that. This isn't even something that has come up in canada. considering the rec supply is coming OUT OF MED SUPPLY! multi party testing involved.. LPs doing the packaging risking their bottom line on government shadiness?

just think about the money that is invest in hoping the population won't stick with the black market.

Gmack

You theorists really need to go outside get some fresh air and actually think about what you are saying.

Think it through, Think about how much is grown in any given country, there is no country that has the infrastructure to manage that. This isn't even something that has come up in canada. considering the rec supply is coming OUT OF MED SUPPLY! multi party testing involved.. LPs doing the packaging risking their bottom line on government shadiness?

just think about the money that is invest in hoping the population won't stick with the black market.

I've been saying since the liberals ran on legalization that lp's can't meet the demand. Not on day one not for several years probably a decade at least.

Gmack

The biggest problem is peole investing in lp's don't have a fucking clue about cannabis. They take lp's and the government at their word for market predictions and the truth is the cannabis market is completely undervalued and underestimated across the country. They think they can beat the black market by growing inferior quality bud and selling it for premium prices. The black market is currently meeting and exceeding the demand. With lp's You can't see it or smell it before buying it. Fucking shit show.

TheBlackman

yo,

laughable at best as a spray you see,
can hold genetic markers an be applied,
to go systematically,

much more to this then my old head can handle,
but good for you lookin' to make bank,

with the prices charged by LP's
it's like some kind of a scandal.

https://cannabislifenetwork.com/monsanto-and-health-canada-cannabis/

' They would also use the toxic chemical colchicine to induce the plants to double their number of chromosomes, something that sometimes leads to more vigorous growth. These same methods were quite successfully employed by the extra-legal marijuana industry over the last few decades.'

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I rest my case.

Worst case, females will not produce viable seeds. Like they do with rape seeds. I doubt anyone will want to buy GMO weed.

Maple_Flail

Talk like an adult please. Do some research on actual science papers not get caught up in the spin of the media.

they sell views, you should know that by your constant conspiracy babbling.

think about it.. seriously, step back from the keyboard walk outside and breath... think about it. the best the can afford for road side testing that isn't based on someone being seen smoking a joint in the drivers seat if a q-tip in the mouth and a solution. what sort of mobile contraption you expect the cops to carry around with them that hasn't even been invented yet.

come on man get real

CaptainDankness

The biggest problem is peole investing in lp's don't have a fucking clue about cannabis. They take lp's and the government at their word for market predictions and the truth is the cannabis market is completely undervalued and underestimated across the country. They think they can beat the black market by growing inferior quality bud and selling it for premium prices. The black market is currently meeting and exceeding the demand. With lp's You can't see it or smell it before buying it. Fucking shit show.

Of course, how many people actually make moonshine? How big is the demand? Yeah, the black market for alcohol is basically dead moonshine is alright but it's got nothing on a good Bourbon which is not too expensive.

Of course some people do brew their own beer, wine and moonshine, just not enough to make much difference to the big guys.

Sure the black market may be better for now, but once a really good company comes out, it won't get much better.

Gmack

Field sobriety test are the best way we have to test for impairment. The mouth swabs not show if thc is present not how much. Test positive and your getting arrested and taken to the cop shop or a hospital for a blood draw. Or you can refuse and be automatically found guilty just like refusing a breath test for booze.

Gmack

Of course, how many people actually make moonshine? How big is the demand? Yeah, the black market for alcohol is basically dead moonshine is alright but it's got nothing on a good Bourbon which is not too expensive.

Of course some people do brew their own beer, wine and moonshine, just not enough to make much difference to the big guys.

Sure the black market may be better for now, but once a really good company comes out, it won't get much better.

Comparing alcohol to weed is flawed. Mass grown weed will never be high quality. That is not true for alcohol. Look at ever legal state. Talk to the peole who live there. They will all tell you rec weed is crap. Medical small batch is king and will continue to be no matter what the government do.

TheBlackman

Talk like an adult please. Do some research on actual science papers not get caught up in the spin of the media.

they sell views, you should know that by your constant conspiracy babbling.

think about it.. seriously, step back from the keyboard walk outside and breath... think about it. the best the can afford for road side testing that isn't based on someone being seen smoking a joint in the drivers seat if a q-tip in the mouth and a solution. what sort of mobile contraption you expect the cops to carry around with them that hasn't even been invented yet.

come on man get real

yo,

your kinda new here I see,
I've been here for a minute,

so for me, the way I drop lines while online,
it is my kinda thing,

if my gig does not jive then carry on,
the birds will still sing their song,

to what you think is what's going on,
your perspective like mine old timer,
is cause time does carry on,

I think and live far outside the box,
hells I ain't had a vaccine since I had chicken pox,

now me an my conspiratorial head ain't right,
so I'll be headin' out for a walk with my pack,
instead of sittin' here any longer with you thinkin' your right,

everyone is entitled to their opinions,
some are just more out of sight,

one more thing before I go,
I don't do tell-lie-vison or the talking heads on the MSM don't ya know,
like many others I ain't no dead fish that goes with the flow.

troutman

Seed Whore
I only bought medical Cannabis to get the container with my name and prescription info on it.

This way I can walk around town with weed and tell the pigs to fuck off. :biggrin:

Funny thing, the container is always full despite me smoking double paper big bats all the time. :woohoo:

I wonder if that Cannabis laundering? :peek:

Maple_Flail

I only bought medical Cannabis to get the container with my name and prescription info on it.

This way I can walk around town with weed and tell the pigs to fuck off. :biggrin:

Funny thing, the container is always full despite me smoking double paper big bats all the time. :woohoo:

I wonder if that Cannabis laundering? :peek:

nope, there is a line in the Acmpr that regardless of where you get it if you are legal its deemed legal. hence my saying the difference between rec and med is the person holding.

and isn't that how everyone does it?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Cultivation, propagation and harvesting — 18 years of age or older
(4) Unless authorized under this Act, it is prohibited for an individual who is 18 years of age or older to cultivate, propagate or harvest, or to offer to cultivate, propagate or harvest,
(a)a cannabis plant that is from a seed or plant material that they know is illicit cannabis; or

Another 4 plant issue: So you have to sacrifice a year to get your own seeds.

Gmack

nope, there is a line in the Acmpr that regardless of where you get it if you are legal its deemed legal. hence my saying the difference between rec and med is the person holding.

and isn't that how everyone does it?

He's still thinking like the mmpr days. I just bring my bud with me and have a pic of my license on my phone. Real deal stays in my grow room.

Gmack

Cultivation, propagation and harvesting — 18 years of age or older
(4) Unless authorized under this Act, it is prohibited for an individual who is 18 years of age or older to cultivate, propagate or harvest, or to offer to cultivate, propagate or harvest,
(a)a cannabis plant that is from a seed or plant material that they know is illicit cannabis; or

Another 4 plant issue: So you have to sacrifice a year to get your own seeds.

Are you medical or rec? Medical have a whole diffent set of regulations. If medical you can buy from anywhere/anyone you want and it becomes legal as soon as it's in yuor hands. As long as the cops can call health Canada and verify you are valid medical user you're good to go no matter the source as long as your under the 150 gram carry limit.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Are you medical or rec? Medical have a whole diffent set of regulations. If medical you can buy from anywhere/anyone you want and it becomes legal as soon as it's in yuor hands. As long as the cops can call health Canada and verify you are valid medical user you're good to go no matter the source as long as your under the 150 gram carry limit.

Ah. I stand corrected.
I thought Med got a green card or secret handshake or something. lol

Latest posts

Latest posts