What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED vertical scrog

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Today is day 5 of the stretch marked by the wire I place on the rack on day 12 of flower. It does not look like I am getting any more bud sites. But the buds are filling in and the stems are stretching a little still. I measured how much stretch has occurred in that 5 days and got 3.75 inches. Here is the wire before I moved it up.

Here is the new placement of the wire.

I also put a tag in the rove beetles to let me know what day they were last feed on. So I know to give them feed in 7 days.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
From the grow today. It is day 19 of flower.

Here is the stretch for the last day. Not a whole lot. It seems to have slowed quite a bit. Tomorrow I will add a bit of MKP to the feed to help with the bud development.

And since we are talking about nutrients I thought I will show a picture of the leaves when I was adding magnesium to the nutes. It caused a calcium lock out.

And since I have stopped giving them the magnesium the leaves are much better. Here is a picture of the new growth.

The leaves look great. I cant see a sign of any imbalance in the feed. I just hope it wasnt because they out grew the need but was because the problem was solved. I will have to keep a eye on this some more over time.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Today I added the MKP to the feed. I added 3.5 grams to a 5 gallon bucket. Or about 0.7 grams per gallon.

I got a picture of the wire so you can judge stretch. Here it is after 2 days of stretch.

While I was in the room I pulled the racks out. I moved about 5 colas to the front of the screens. I also removed a few suckers. Just pieces that I didnt fully remove when I loaded the room. Spent me a good long about 1.5 minutes doing this. Here is a picture of one of the colas that was repositioned.

Here it is after I moved it to the front of the screen.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So since my post last night I have had 111 views and nobody has commented.

And because nobody is commenting I will just be my boring self.

Here is the stretch after 3 days. It is not adding much on right now. I have not seen any new buds for about 5 days. At this point it looks like just buds getting bigger and the stem getting longer.

The leaves on the new growth look good. No PH issues causing curly leaf. No burned tips aor light color. So It looks like for this phase of flower just jack's with drip clean and calcium nitrate is good.

I did order another fertilizer to try out. It is Master Blend 4-18-38. The tomato blend DHF was talking about. It has less nitrogen than Jack's but more than the Chemgro.

It was only $99.98 for 50 pounds delivered. The Jack's cost around $65 for 25 pounds delivered the last time I bought it. And the Chemgro was $102.93 for 25 pounds delivered. So the Mater Blend was the cheapest by far.

I am not sure which of the two are more expensive since the Jack's has a bunch of magnesium sulfate in it. So to see which is cheaper I will have to sit down and do a in depth comparison of the numbers to see how much of each is used.

Now just to spend a few months testing them out.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey...wasn't ichabod crane a schoolteacher in sleepy hollow?

you ain't tryin' to larn us stuff are you?

that gets people's head chopped off you know!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well there you go...substitute the math for girls in bikinis and you should get more responses...and kittens,everyone love cute kittens!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Megacrop has been good to me and so has adding 100+ ppm of 10% chelated calcium in weeks 1-6 of flower but my method is a constant experiment so take it for the guess it is. Does dan’s gorilla bubble have a strong musky almost cheese kind of smell, I have grown out some gorilla bubble seeds and selected a mom on this smell it has and the baseball buds it makes. The smell is just unique and I wondered if that is similar to the cut you are running. And... Your lights will kill, just a tv show reference, I mean they are bright as fuck. Shit looks great, fishstick is an icmag celebrity, you don’t want all that fame. You would need a nap. Safety goggle reminder

Attachments

• A80317EB-27A7-4F55-A3E9-850D06016D10.jpg
    A80317EB-27A7-4F55-A3E9-850D06016D10.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 31

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Megacrop has been good to me and so has adding 100+ ppm of 10% chelated calcium in weeks 1-6 of flower but my method is a constant experiment so take it for the guess it is. Does dan’s gorilla bubble have a strong musky almost cheese kind of smell, I have grown out some gorilla bubble seeds and selected a mom on this smell it has and the baseball buds it makes. The smell is just unique and I wondered if that is similar to the cut you are running. And... Your lights will kill, just a tv show reference, I mean they are bright as fuck. Shit looks great, fishstick is an icmag celebrity, you don’t want all that fame. You would need a nap. Safety goggle reminder

I have a terrible sense of smell. Aspen has the cut so you can ask her and get a better reply.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
. Shit looks great, fishstick is an icmag celebrity, you don’t want all that fame. You would need a nap. Safety goggle reminder

I dont want to be a celebrity. I mean that is like looking great. It is fun but after a while it gets real boring. Been there done that. It also gets boring talking to yourself. Just ask Unc.

And no one can be as good as Unc.:toohot:

P

pongster

hey bro i read this thread every day but don't have much to add, or i would be posting the same stuff xd

for one, i'm here for tha numbers, so throw them on ! yeah
:rasta:

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Well just know that your experience is appreciated and will most certainly help people produce better flowers hopefully for many years to come. I know for myself, I read for years before I even created an account much less commented. You are helping show someone a way to take care of themselves and their family. Keep sharing and talking to yourself. Have you considered a light or two on top of the the screen maybe a foot in front of it angled down and slightly toward the screen just to add to those top buds. I grew stacked bare bulb vertical donuts for a while and really like your setup. I did find adding light over top of the donuts increased the size of the top buds substantially and widened the the top canopy. I guess it’s a matter of what the limiting factor is, Watts, heat, ft2, or plant count.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Well just know that your experience is appreciated and will most certainly help people produce better flowers hopefully for many years to come. I know for myself, I read for years before I even created an account much less commented. You are helping show someone a way to take care of themselves and their family. Keep sharing and talking to yourself. Have you considered a light or two on top of the the screen maybe a foot in front of it angled down and slightly toward the screen just to add to those top buds. I grew stacked bare bulb vertical donuts for a while and really like your setup. I did find adding light over top of the donuts increased the size of the top buds substantially and widened the the top canopy. I guess it’s a matter of what the limiting factor is, Watts, heat, ft2, or plant count.

I have. I did a meter reading at the very top and it was only 550. So I was thinking that at the end of stretch adding a light across the top. But not at a foot. I think that would fry my plants.