What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED takes a backseat

positivity

Veteran
Some stuff for the new flower area. 2 phantom reflectors with the air cooling kit, and a 630w double output ballast straight from ebm in China. To make it worth the shipping I had them throw in a single 315 ballast which didn't raise the shipping any further, brought the per ballast down. So, leaves me 2 backup singles in case the big one breaks down, or extra ballast if there's a project I want to bang out

Attachments

• DAFC0FFA-6C73-4899-A923-748845A68AAC.jpg
    DAFC0FFA-6C73-4899-A923-748845A68AAC.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 12

positivity

Veteran
The day before Thanksgiving and I have a lot to be thankful for. I've grown myself enough herb to have never needed anything else. The herb I have is more enjoyable than most I come across, probably because I grew it of course. People like to compare herb to tomatoes but you don't smoke tomatoes to alter your consciousness. Theres a strong satisfaction in growing your own

Anyway, got a cheap 2x4 tent for my new veg space. 3x2 is in the trash, ripped and well used. Doesn't look like much but the inches make a big difference sometimes. The wing is now my preferred veg tool. Combination of wing and CMH works just right. The gorilla bubble on the right probably won't be a keeper but she's quite nice. Strong baby poo smell, strangest freaking thing. Stinks like hell and puts on nice sized tops

A few shots of the cowbell and columbo. 3 males 1 female out of the 4 seed pop. Female looks to be mostly gsc dom, maybe she'll do something interesting. Pic of the mini buckeye purple, reminds me of a brownie for some reason, a purple brownie
Next up, flower room revision. Just a little bigger and more enjoyable to work in

Have a Happy Thanksgiving
peace

positivity

Veteran
gbubble done @60 daze. Nice strain so far, first closeup of some glue genetics for me. Smoke report in a few weeks

Be back in a bit, need to hurry up and finish setting up my flower area. Time to soak some new beans..

peace

positivity

Veteran
Still haven't finished my flower area, keep finding something to fix. A bit amazing I grew what I did there looking back. Won't be much bigger but I can actually move a little now.
Some recent flower shots..gbubble report coming. Definitely 1 favorite out of the bunch
Balls on the one cowbell girl, first I've seen of that. Ended up just cutting her

peace

Attachments

• noexif_F7ujZEyCQE2eePzwMpaIkA_private.jpg
    noexif_F7ujZEyCQE2eePzwMpaIkA_private.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 13
  • noexif_fullsizeoutput_9_private.jpg
    noexif_fullsizeoutput_9_private.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 7
  • noexif_fullsizeoutput_3b1_private.jpg
    noexif_fullsizeoutput_3b1_private.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 15
  • noexif_fullsizeoutput_3b2_private.jpg
    noexif_fullsizeoutput_3b2_private.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 9
  • noexif_fullsizeoutput_3b7_private.jpg
    noexif_fullsizeoutput_3b7_private.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 10

positivity

Veteran
Just about ready to get going again. DE or 315, maybe DE and 315? Either fits the space pretty good, a few more feet width would of been nice. The duct tape exhaust outlet is just for testing it out, that's not gonna fly. Reversed the flow of the exhaust straight out instead of the attic, should cool the house too as a bonus, aquarium filter fabric to clean the air before it hits the reflectors. This small room is really starting to feel like its got a heartbeat...way different feel to it

peace and have a happy holidays

positivity

Veteran
Who the hell would buy a 16" x 16" tent? Well it does fit a little cloner perfectly. Really happy with how the new grow cabs have come around, back to growing finally. The girls have been ignored but look pretty good for the most part, not too bad for very little attention given for weeks now
Gong to mess with the DE for a bit, see how I do vegging with her. Excuse the artsy poster... the white walls were a little boring and the room needed a karmic touch. My peace full place in a crazy world

peace

positivity

Veteran
The DE 6/750 is.doing well. Probably the thickest branching I've seen in a bit. Going between this and the twin 315s till' I decide a favorite I guess. Who knows maybe a combo will be a favorite in the end

Just having fun vegging right now, not planning on flowering anything yet. The new flower area is close but not quite where I'd like it to be. My time is limited to work on this stuff so its baby steps. End goal is to to be able to run sealed or ventilated. Vented is easy...2 6" fans set at less than 1/2 each....the area purrs along quietly. Close to running sealed but the co2 is dropping a little faster than I'd like. Hoping the next alteration will do it

Amazing the extra work needed to run sealed without being wasteful. I"m curious if its worth the extra work involved, not sure so will set it up to run either way

positivity

Veteran
Where we at in here.. Shoot I think I got bored of growing for a bit. Jars are pretty full, albeit low on a few favorites.
Still waiting on things from a slow boat from where ever. I did finally just go back to normal venting and the growth is looking really nice. Constantly changing things was messing with the plants a little. Co2 and all that fancy stuff later

I'm liking this room for vegging so much I may not even flower with it. The DE 6/750 works good, even in veg. It vegged a nice gorilla bubble that's going to have to go outside. The different plants under the DE all have a nice structure to them. Its not as gold colored as some of the pics make it out, its more just warm lighting with a nice relaxing feel to it.
Be flipping between this and CMH for the year. Maybe even try the ceramic HPS at some point

be back
peace

positivity

Veteran
Well first beans to get popped in a good while, but they’re up!

Time for new dialogue...err, d i a l o g u e....no, DIALOGUE! You catch that?
Inside joke apparently...watch out for bad jokes if ya knowwhattamean

peace out

Last edited:

Tazz11

dude I just read the last few pages , and your working it but not getting win ...dude

let me see if I can help .. first .. you can have a 1500000watt light that's not going to grow good cannabis that's just going to bake the floor in your grow space .. I stand by the 600 watt . if you can switch between Mh and HPS . even better but they are not going to die if you only have one or the other , , take 1/3 of your flowering time and defoliate, no matter what light you have . if you have a good sound growth rate they will do well with defoliation... then the basic room temp and PH ,, that's it .. they will grow fine ...sure you can pinch top fem and super crop and lily pop and dance and play music for them . but good basics cant be beat ...it dose not take a million $ , dude I once grew 504 plants just by my self ... and I have grown just one plant and been just as happy with it ... once I killed 74 plants hybrid worth 10 of thousand ... I left a lot of people mad at me for doing .. but no one had the gust to tell me .... to stop .. its to late .. my brother died of Cancer any way and I started over and I have never look back again ... now 6 of my friends and 2 more of my family have died from Cancer , and when I so beat I can just barley stay awake I look at them as if they were beings just as alive as I am ... the rest of these people that think they got the mad skills . they are for the most part full of shit !
you grow what you can you do the best you can .. if it sucks I will try to help . if its great I be there to cheer you on .... till I am gone ...but for now well done !

positivity

Veteran
dude I just read the last few pages , and your working it but not getting win ...dude

Huh? My plants grew and I'm smoking homegrown. I won.

let me see if I can help .. first .. you can have a 1500000watt light that's not going to grow good cannabis that's just going to bake the floor in your grow space .. I stand by the 600 watt . if you can switch between Mh and HPS . even better but they are not going to die if you only have one or the other , ,

Yes, I've probably switched between more lights than most.

take 1/3 of your flowering time and defoliate,

What does a 1/3 of flowering time have to do with defoliation?

no matter what light you have . if you have a good sound growth rate they will do well with defoliation

Yes, defoliation works at times

then the basic room temp and PH ,, that's it .. they will grow fine ...sure you can pinch top fem and super crop and lily pop and dance and play music for them . but good basics cant be beat ...it dose not take a million $ ,

No, growing outdoors is almost free. I do spend a little

dude I once grew 504 plants just by my self ...
and I have grown just one plant and been just as happy with it ...
congratulations

once I killed 74 plants hybrid worth 10 of thousand ... I left a lot of people mad at me for doing .. but no one had the gust to tell me .... to stop .. its to late ..

that sucks

my brother died of Cancer any way and I started over and I have never look back again ... now 6 of my friends and 2 more of my family have died from Cancer ,

i am sorry for your loss

and when I so beat I can just barley stay awake I look at them as if they were beings just as alive as I am ... the rest of these people that think they got the mad skills . they are for the most part full of shit !

yes, many are full of shit

you grow what you can you do the best you can .. if it sucks I will try to help . if its great I be there to cheer you on .... till I am gone ...but for now well done !

thank you. That was a long post, had to break up the reply if ya knowwhattamean

positivity

Veteran
So, I'm looking through forum banter, and I can't help but notice the incredible amount of manipulation taking place. Seems like some of the capitalist types are working really hard, much overtime, into controlling forum conversation. New year agenda on schedule? lol...
There was a time when they were more of a silent minority, in the background. I guess legalization has made them rise to the occasion and begin trampling the old users who built the structure of information. I mean if you think about it, it serves them perfectly. Discourage and take over the forums...why not, the normal forum users are their competition. They don't need or want that. They want the new wave of uninformed marijuana users. It would become their personal information mountain built on the backs of rebels, taken as their own to market their products.

Just a random thought...

As far as the DE for vegging some plants are great, some not so great. The good are some of the best I've vegged in years, as far as just solid bushy plants. The not so good could be light related or not, I need more time to determine that. Still messing with the co2 on and off probably isn't the best thing either...lol.
Moral of the story...watch out for the copycats building themselves up off of good people. Boycott the bitches.

have a nice day

By the way, the rant, if that's really what it is, more just my personal thoughts and experiences vocalized, are few and far between. I'd like to keep it that way. Just enough so people can understand where I am as long as I choose to participate. Posted here, because here is where it seems right. The issues brought up are much less here and more on other related places, all separated by paper mache
I was brought up on overgrow though. When overgrow left this became the place, and as far as I'm concerned still is the place

again, have a great day if your a great person. Otherwise eat a ....lemon?

positivity

Veteran
Why has no one stepped into the light emitting plasma technology? From what I understand they are the cream of the crop

I always felt they were overpriced compared to what the grow reports I saw were doing. Grows were also few and far between. Another thing to maybe try one day. I am curious if any more recent grows with them have come around

I always felt they were overpriced compared to what the grow reports I saw were doing. Grows were also few and far between. Another thing to maybe try one day. I am curious if any more recent grows with them have come around

I will give you they definitely are way overpriced haha but I'd think some crazy hippie out there might have some cash and go for it out of principle. Idk I mean people buy some crazy expensive LED when a good CMH is probably better when cost is take into account.

positivity

Veteran
yeah, I'm in the crazy hippy plasma sun club. Not full blooded hippy though, maybe 1/4. I have my limits on space, time, money, desire... otherwise I would run everything at once and let you know my favorite in 3 months

Speaking of running everything, finished the room finally. I love the ac/de reflector and lamp combo but this revision is way more flexible...and I get to keep the DE in there. Taller plants were showing stress. Just grabbed the lamps that were handy, ushio 4k agro, Philips 3k agro, and 6/750 in a much smaller reflector. Better setup for my still small area. I doubt I'll run them all at once, although it is capable...more just so everything is ready to go

Get into the details later, there are some interesting parts to make this work. Room is sealed well enough that co2 climbs fast and stays. Climbed to 3000 with just me in the room breathing and vents off so I need to be wary of co2 levels. I believe 2500 or so ppm starts producing headaches and stuff

Seeds up, lights up, plots composting...still the blu-mats to hook up. Always something

positivity

Veteran
Lets see where we left off. This rooms just on veg duty now

Might have to make a outdoor based thread to be more accurate, but this will suffice for now.

Work on some pics later when I have more time. Outdoor dog...first time i’ve Grown her. Not bad...water only mix. Might of fed roots organics 2 or 3 times. Easy schmeazy nowadays. Could push her but I think she smokes just as well if not better like this
Seeya

positivity

Veteran
The Colombian is very good. Strong terps, very smelly plant. It was the sativa leaner by far, others were good but different...less mango, more citrus indica type

positivity

Veteran
Had to go back in my journal and look at this one. This plant was small but was a big surprise when cut dried and cured a little. Small because she went in small. Outside plants were a nice size.

Anyway this was a keeper pulled from a small pop of strawberry diesel. I let her go because of herm from light pollution but the quality was crazy. I'll look for her again soon hopefully, should have just dealt with the light problem

A real smell of strawberry and a real smell of the diesel. The high was noticeably euphoric and happy too. It was interesting because my LED lights with the extra diodes totally missed these qualities. The diesel was completely gone. Weird.
I think that's why I promote CMH for flower more so nowadays. Without even touching the other reasons. Nothing against HPS and MH...I know they produce the goods...I just simply can't afford to run a 600w light right now which would be my choice. The 315w CMH just hits a nice power point and still provides

Trying to think of a new thread name..hasn't come to me yet..