What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED suggestions needed friends

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
children

Lm561, and lm301 are the most efficient.. not quantum boards... which are almost soley tied to the HLG brand.

You speaking of cobs when you own one= biased

Insulting people is not the way to change their minds and educate.

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
Last November I've buy a migro 100.. After 3 months I've buy the migro400:at 70%of potency the box 120x120 it's illuminated like a hps600.. With 350watt +/-.. this lamp it's a bomb..

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I apologize GotBud, I lost my patience with the sly, and dense angle of dense.

Snook I dont have anything to do with the company... I sent a email years ago, got a light... That is it... I couldnt even do a thread because there is such a slander campaign against them.. I still love the light, its not entirely obsolete at .98 umol\watt, whichI dont put much value of importance on that... Its the spectrum that made me jump on getting one. I still havent found a picture of the more efficient lights with better looking buds.

Plus the you are "pretty sure" the owners name was "young" in a email... where is the email Thats a $1500 email to be seemingly unsure about...... His name, and his wife's name are all over the website..all over youtube...magazines....... That is a fishy claim at best considering I'm almost positive they have a 3 year warranty... so... if it was only 6 months... things arent adding up there my friend.

Koondense

Veteran
Can you explain the issue a bit more properly than comparing it to a Honda, please?
That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Or just don't if you can't.

Koondense

Veteran
Unbelievable, when asked a simple question this guy backfires with negative reputation.
And even had the guts to say we're the children. Dr Young, you're not worth another second of my attention.

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At least contribute to the thread..." Yeah, you do it or buzz off please.[/FONT]

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I apologize GotBud, I lost my patience with the sly, and dense angle of dense.

Snook I dont have anything to do with the company... I sent a email years ago, got a light... That is it... I couldnt even do a thread because there is such a slander campaign against them.. I still love the light, its not entirely obsolete at .98 umol\watt, which I'm not I dont put much value of importance on that... Its the spectrum that made me jump on getting one. I still havent found a picture of the more efficient lights with better looking buds.

Plus the you are "pretty sure" the owners name was "young" in a email... where is the email Thats a $1500 email to be seemingly unsure about...... His name, and his wife's name are all over the website..all over youtube...magazines....... That is a fishy claim at best considering I'm almost positive they have a 3 year warranty... so... if it was only 6 months... things arent adding up there my friend.
Yeah, I'm not a kid being belligerent about LUSH and proving anything to you isnt going to happen I have no reason to lie.
You admit there is a "slander campaign against them", I wonder why.. and the more you say, the more you do sound like that clown :wtf: at LUSH I spoke with.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Well... Your the one harassing me. Prove something at least. You "spent $1500". Show the receipt, or MOST importantly to me prove the email.. A picture of the light with you holding a paper saying "Snook".. Why did you not try to use a 3 year warranty if you only had it for 6 months. Why would you email someone instead of call them.... Soo many holes man... Anything at all would be a start to get your credibility back.

Their email address is lushlighting im pretty sure. Explain why, or how you got a email address thats not on their site.... That magically has "Young" in it....

Who, and why are you trying to fool people saying something like that... Flip never even said anything about getting a lush, nor did I tell him to.
*Edit*
Please someone go look at the 3 different email addresses on their site... and tell me which one says young in it. Those are the owners real names, they don't even appear to have anyone else answering emails....Why this person "snook" would have a email address not on their site.... That alone is such a fishy story... wow
So confused, and disappointed right now.

Fleur du Mal

The quantum boards are better for electrical numbers, but as far as footprint they suck. Thats why I say Solsheets are good. Its just a quantum board that is spread out better.

Exactly. And you can control the spread and spectrum with SolStrips and SolStix.

Definitely worth considering SolStrip.com, or SolStrips.co.uk for UK-based folks if you are looking at Fluence, HLG, Timber or RapidLED. By far the best value for money in LED today.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Actually I just looked.... The Mars Epistar 320 is unbeatable for $600 you wont find anything that is close to the readings I see them reporting....1400 umol on the very corner of a 4'x4' tent... You wouldn't match those numbers if you spent double the money on cobs\quantumboards.

I sent them a email, thats the route I'm going to go. I'll probably end up using my current LED for a 4'x4' Veg tent, and get a 4'x8' Flower tent with 2 of the Epistar 320s from Mars.
They get 700-1100 umol still at 4.5'x4.5' on the corners that is glorious.. I'm literally shocked right now that Ive overlooked Mars like that... The only way i'm wrong on this is if they lied about the readings on that, or marked the footprint wrong and the 5'x5' reading is actually the 4'x4' reading. Which it would still be outperforming $1500 lights numbers

I got distracted by the DIY thing, and all the marketing thats been pushed on cobs\quantum boards... but honestly cobs\quantum boards are probably one of the first DIY items ive seen in my life that end up costing you more money than just buying something premade. Thats coming from someone that DIYs EVERYTHING in life.

iBogart

Veteran
Actually I just looked.... The Mars Epistar 320 is unbeatable for $600 you wont find anything that is close to the readings I see them reporting....1400 umol on the very corner of a 4'x4' tent... You wouldn't match those numbers if you spent double the money on cobs\quantumboards.

I sent them a email, thats the route I'm going to go. I'll probably end up using my current LED for a 4'x4' Veg tent, and get a 4'x8' Flower tent with 2 of the Epistar 320s from Mars.
They get 700-1100 umol still at 4.5'x4.5' on the corners that is glorious.. I'm literally shocked right now that Ive overlooked Mars like that... The only way i'm wrong on this is if they lied about the readings on that, or marked the footprint wrong and the 5'x5' reading is actually the 4'x4' reading. Which it would still be outperforming $1500 lights numbers

I got distracted by the DIY thing, and all the marketing thats been pushed on cobs\quantum boards... but honestly cobs\quantum boards are probably one of the first DIY items ive seen in my life that end up costing you more money than just buying something premade. Thats coming from someone that DIYs EVERYTHING in life.

IDK where you're getting this info from but it's way way off man. I've seen the par numbers published by mars on this light and it hits 1400 on the one foot and about 270 on the four foot perimeter.

edit: that at 18 inches from plant canopy.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
The Mars website... Pretty sure thats a good source to find info on a Mar's light.
I'm talking about the Pro II Epistar 320 {740 watts}

I was looking at a video.. They actually come with a remote, and a sensor. You can see the temperature\humidity, adjust timers for the light to swap spectrums, and all kinds of shit remotely... Mind blown

iBogart

Veteran
https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/products/mars-hydro-mars-pro-ii-epistar-320-760-watts

ic

ic
ic

Last edited:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
pro2-320-8.jpg

I'm linking something from Mar's website that IS labeled.

The unlabeled stuff from what you linked would definitely make more sense, but it is unlabeled... If applied to the new\current readings they advertise.. I'd say it is starting with 4x4, then 4.5x4.5, then 5x5 then 6x6. They use to say 4'x4' footprint.. Now they say 4.5x4.5 flower, and 6.5x6.5' for veg

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Definitely goofy but
detail-5-par-value-mars-pro-2-320-LED-Grow-Light-Lamp-Full-Spectrum-Indoor-Hydro-Plant-Veg-Bloom-20180625.jpg

They have rough english being a asian business.... They have pretty weird recommendations, and all kinds of fishy stuff but.... I'm not bilingual, and I give them credit for putting in work........
The readings at 24" show a reasonable intensity\footprint.. At 4.5'x4.5' 700-1,100 umol. With no wasted energy on excessive levels of green\yellow, plus IR included. There would be no point in keeping the light 12-18" away like they recommend if the intensity is already that overkill at 18" away...

We'll see though, I definitely think what you linked would make more sense being that its a 24"x24" fixture... Im just going by what they say.

SamsonsRiddle

i like the old mars 100x3 which came with 4 different drivers (was only $60 free shipping when i got it). loud and warm but it worked ok.

converted this to a cxb3590(72V) x 4 with the preexisting drivers. i think i may have $300 in it

iBogart

Veteran
View Image

I'm linking something from Mar's website that IS labeled.

The unlabeled stuff from what you linked would definitely make more sense, but it is unlabeled... If applied to the new\current readings they advertise.. I'd say it is starting with 4x4, then 4.5x4.5, then 5x5 then 6x6. They use to say 4'x4' footprint.. Now they say 4.5x4.5 flower, and 6.5x6.5' for veg

That info is totally bogus man. If you believe those numbers then have I got a car to sell you.

Click the link and scroll down to the REAL par values.

https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/products/mars-hydro-mars-pro-ii-epistar-320-760-watts

edit: I would add even these values are a stretch for this light. You ain't fooling me. Big red flag = GARBAGE.

Latest posts

Latest posts