What's new

LED Retailers...

U

unthing

yeah i meant energy efficiency. 164 lumens that's a lot, of course depending on spectrum. green light could have 500lumens/watt but by itself not that good :)

i really haven't kept up how the technology has advanced.

Last edited:

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
In my opinion , the cool white and warm white LEDs are best suitable for this job, as you can see in the XM-L2 specs (available here : http://www.cree.com/led-components-... Modules/XLamp/Data and Binning/XLampXML2.pdf )

CW gives a lot of blue spectrum, which is good for veg, and WW covers the red part of spectrum. A mix of 2:1 or 3:1 (WW:CW) should be enough. For a more even spectrum you cand opt for a 2:2:1 ration (WW:NW:CW).

attachment.php

Attachments

• xm-l2.png
    xm-l2.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 16

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Man, the activity in this thread is making me so anxious to get my new light

I must say that the activity on LED section of this forum is making me to build LED lights even I don't need them as I already have to many :biggrin: . But for sure if interesting and fun to work with them, and I am thinking now to a method to minimize this kind of light sources and to simplify as much as possible the process of building and usage also.

oneshot

Found out yesterday that my new light is being built and going to be shipping from Sweden soon.

Rendering of the new light I just received:
iVXQ1bV.jpg

oneshot

I have the biggest LED boner. Check out some of the things this lamp can do. Just took a snip from the owners manual pdf they sent.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting stuff. Do the scheduling parameters have battery backup or go into some type of non-volatile memory in case of power outages?

oneshot

Interesting stuff. Do the scheduling parameters have battery backup or go into some type of non-volatile memory in case of power outages?

It looks like there are CMOS type batteries inside to preserve the settings in case of something like that. I can't post the image of the internals though.

I emailed them that question though so I should have an answer back shortly to confirm.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
does anyone know more or less what the import fees are if i order like 5 units from alibaba? it says min order 5 units @ $200 each if that helps? idk how they calculate fees and what not. thanks in advance!

is it all bundled in with the shipping or is it separate? im confused by all this stuff lol

oneshot

does anyone know more or less what the import fees are if i order like 5 units from alibaba? it says min order 5 units @ $200 each if that helps? idk how they calculate fees and what not. thanks in advance!

is it all bundled in with the shipping or is it separate? im confused by all this stuff lol

Most of the places won't declare the actual true $$ amount on the invoice so you can avoid paying customs.

Also, aliexpress.com is where you can order from directly, alibaba.com is just for making contacts for wholesale orders really.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i dont like aliexpress lol. i find the same light on there and they say like 700+ per piece? it makes no sense. ive got quotes for one in the low 300's at places that will sell single units on ali. i figure 5 should get me an ok price.

oneshot

i dont like aliexpress lol. i find the same light on there and they say like 700+ per piece? it makes no sense. ive got quotes for one in the low 300's at places that will sell single units on ali. i figure 5 should get me an ok price.

Why are you buying more lights anyways?

Desert Hydro

Veteran
my goal is to use 4 ~200W units to cover a 4x4 square of either scrog or sog. i honestly think scrog is one of the most important techniques to use while growing with LED. we all know LED are awesome at what they do but one thing they lack in is deep penetration with the smaller units imho. they may not be too far behind smaller HPS and MH. i keep losing my train of thought.....super baked. my head is swirling...ok back on topic. SCROG when properly executed and defoliated would create an optimal depth to use LED on. im new to proper scrogging. ive been doing it half assed for a long time and a dispensary buddy has finally shown me the light lol. i think it is gonna help me out a ton.

long story short, i want to do a bigger LED grow lol. fuck i am really stoned and my right eye has been twitching off and on for 5 days now. WTF

BrownThumb

I paid $560 for a single unit delivered to my door (from China through Alibaba) and the unit itself cost $400, if that helps. It was delivered by DHL in just a few days if I remember correctly. They just said it's this much, you pay and bam, it shows up x days later. Maybe you'll get a nice break on shipping since you're going big.

oneshot

The clock in the L4A will keep its time up to 48hrs without power. After 48hrs the clock will be reset. Make sure to check the clock after the lamp has been without power for any significant amount of time.

So you have 48 hours of backup before the unit will lose its clock and settings.

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
The clock in the L4A will keep its time up to 48hrs without power. After 48hrs the clock will be reset. Make sure to check the clock after the lamp has been without power for any significant amount of time.

So you have 48 hours of backup before the unit will lose its clock and settings.

My cheap digital timers hold their settings in memory for ~2 years if they are not plugged in. This sound like a design flaw and maybe in the future the engineers will fix it.