What's new

LED Retailers...

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
david_paterson1.jpg

vukman

Veteran
I can finally see them...WOW...why the hell did they have to use so many drivers?!?!? I like the fact that they actually used 'real' heatsinks with fins though..:yes:

The main point is that if you as the consumer are happy with them.. that's all that counts.!!!! :D

Thank you for the shots of the internals...:D

Good Luck

BrownThumb

I see it now. Say, that thing looks like it would run pretty cool with all of the fans and HSU. How hot is the air coming out after it's been on for a couple of hours and how warm is it to the touch over the PSU's?

N-P-Kali

My apologies. Thank you all for your patience. I had the pics in a private album. Thanks for heads up rives.

@vukman- I don't know why they use so many drivers. My good friend is the manufacturer, so I will ask. I didn't purchase these lights, they were supplied for testing but, if I was the consumer I would be very happy with the growth performance, flower is another question. I have yet to flower with LED's.

@Brownthumb

This should answer your question. Let me know if you can see the values. At the time of this measurement the units have been operating for over 2 hours.
With 12k BTU cooling capacity I have run 6 of these units without an issue. I can achieve any temperature I need regardless of the outdoor ambient load.

@tenthirty- I will ask about the fans too.

oneshot

I wish LED mfgs like that would realize using bigger fans is more efficient than shoving 6-8 of those small loud fans :(

vukman

Veteran
My apologies. Thank you all for your patience. I had the pics in a private album. Thanks for heads up rives.

@vukman- I don't know why they use so many drivers. My good friend is the manufacturer, so I will ask. I didn't purchase these lights, they were supplied for testing but, if I was the consumer I would be very happy with the growth performance, flower is another question. I have yet to flower with LED's.

@Brownthumb
View Image View Image
This should answer your question. Let me know if you can see the values. At the time of this measurement the units have been operating for over 2 hours.
With 12k BTU cooling capacity I have run 6 of these units without an issue. I can achieve any temperature I need regardless of the outdoor ambient load.

@tenthirty- I will ask about the fans too.

Something I didn't think about is if they have it wired for veg and flower, then the drivers are set for driving different sets of LEDs.
I didn't look for switches on the images when I looked but it would make sense that if there are switches, the number of drivers is necessary.......
You ask if the numbers on the tester are visible... the second image is but not the first... can you please just write the values? No need to take a picture seeing that we know you have a tester now...hehehe

Thank you..:tiphat:

N-P-Kali

88.3F and 87.4F respectively.

I may rent a filter for my canon this week which will enable me to capture images of the diode color mixture. From what I have observed through the protective eyewear it contains mostly blue, with red, yellow, and a few white.

Happy to help.

BrownThumb

That thing should hold up pretty well if that's as hot as it runs. You know I am curious, I have a cheapo LED of similar wattage and it has 8 PSU's (drivers) powering 24 LED's each for a total of 192x3 watts or really about 345-384 actual watts. Now that I told you a bunch of crap you didn't want to hear about my light, I am curious, you seem to have many more of those drivers or PSU's..whatever. But like a lot more..how many do you have total? I have just the 8 and then some stand alone unit off to the side. You have at least 12 or more of those boxes, yeah? I have just 2 120 mm fans cooling mine and it gets hot, BTW, so be happy, those temps are good.

N-P-Kali

Yeah they have proven themselves to be solid units.

15 drivers.

3 Rows of (22) 11-red/11-yellow 2 watt cree chips.

9 Rows of (24) Blue 2-watt cree chips.

haven't updated in a while, sorry bout that...

anyway, i have added the following to the spreadsheets.

1. AgroMax LED Strip Light - Tri-Band

2. Super Grow LED

3. All GROWBLU products (19 arrays)

new spreadsheets uploaded and available in the OP... :tiphat:

i wanted to add all 21 of the Bysen arrays, but cannot find the pricing info on their website...

if anyone has this info please post it. in the meantime, i will email them...

if anyone has some other Retailers that need to be added, please bump this thread with the name of the retailer...

also, i just saw the LumiBulbs... will get those in the next update.

thanks

:wave:

I checked out your spreadsheets..great work and
thanks for taking the time to do it.

One question...I notice you said "Bysen" here and also have "Bysen" listed on the spreadsheets.

Is this the same company as "Byson" ?

Thanks

H

Habel

any 1 recommend a cheap led setup to run as a veg / mother room for 6 plants max. (2 mothers 4 veg) thinking around 50w. then flowering under 250w hps , ive been looking at the e.shine stuff seems afordable, is it any good tho?

BrownThumb

Do a search on Alibaba for LED grow lights and you will see a lot of cheaper units that are hecho en China. I went that route and so far have had one issue that was rectified very quickly by LG (the maker of my main LED light). In fact, I just had my Blackstar 180 crap on me (half the array went out, not a PSU issue) and even though LG is in China, they resolved the issue with their product way faster and with less hassle than the supplier of the Blackstar. Here _lgledsolutions.en.alibaba.com/productlist.html_ is where i started looking. Keep in mind that the shipping costs are significant unless you do one of their free shipping deals on the lights they are trying to move out from last years models. I think I paid $160 for shipping for a 600 watter (really around 350-384 watts) and it was still waaaayyy cheaper than a unit with comparable wattage offered by domestic suppliers (who are just reselling Chinese made shit anyway). I'd eyeball their 300 watter personally, but they have smaller units as well. Happy shopping!

Edit: One other important thing to keep in mind about cheaper LED's, you need to keep these cheaper units cool or you will have problems. Some of these higher end LED's are more money not just because they are purchased in the US, rather they have superior designs in some cases. That is, they employ heat sinks and plenty of fans that ensure longer MTBF.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
any 1 recommend a cheap led setup to run as a veg / mother room for 6 plants max. (2 mothers 4 veg) thinking around 50w. then flowering under 250w hps , ive been looking at the e.shine stuff seems afordable, is it any good tho?

I can't help you with a commercial fixture, but thought that I would point out that the fixture wattage that you are looking at is awfully low. I've been pretty happy with the vegging performance of the VolksLED in my sig line. It is just a shade over 100 watts, and probably performs at least as well as most commercial offerings of similar wattage.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
I checked out your spreadsheets..great work and
thanks for taking the time to do it.

One question...I notice you said "Bysen" here and also have "Bysen" listed on the spreadsheets.

Is this the same company as "Byson" ?

Thanks

thanks and....

i don't believe they are the same company, but i don't really know...

Bassy59

so whats the best high wattage led for sale?

Now this is just my personal opinion, but it is also based on some experience. While not scientific or with extreme technical knowledge, it is my experience and theoretical deductions.

1. More importantly than the question above imho is what is the method and goal of your grow(s).

In other words, we need to qualify the grow before a good suggestion can be made on a light. Allow me to explain with some of my experience. I live in a MMJ state that has strict plant limitations. Only 4 in flower are allowed. I take care of my elderly mother and smoking makes her hack to the high heavens, so edibles is the way to go. As such, I need a pretty healthy amount from these 4 plants to make enough cannabutter to last 60+ days until the next plants harvest. So I need fairly large plants.

I did a fair amount of research, and eventually bought a LED. I went with GrowStealthLED (NOT stealthgrow!) and bought a 600w pro-bloom unit. These units like nearly all led panels are made in China. To make a long story shorter, I had a failure during a grow. GS made good by replacing the light which was being made by a new Chinese vendor. But it wasn't drawing anywhere near the proper power. We found that the new vendor was using inferior power supplies. So GS sent me all new power supplies and my new 600w led was now drawing 685 watts. Now I'm thrilled with the light. It does great. However, because I need to grow plants about 32" tall and 28" wide, and 4 plants in a 4x4 or 5x5 tent, I find the light just isnt big enough to cover the sq footage, and lacks a bit, but not drastic in depth of penetration.

Yet, this light grows excellent tight buds in the upper canopy and reasonable width of area! But, to best provide for the area I use and size I must grow, I would realistically need a bit more wattage and also (important here) in a different physical dimension to cover the sq footage.

If I were growing smaller plants, like say 2L hempy and packed tighter within an area, this light would be the absolute nuts imho.

I have since been forced to go with 1k watt HPS with a massive Raptor reflector to properly cover the area I need to grow the size plants I need to yield 28+ oz from 4 plants in flower at a time.

2. So, what are your needs and goals in your grow?
3. What are the dimensions of the area you want to grow in?
4. What type of medium, type of grow are you planning?
4a. 5gal buckets, nft, 2L hempy, areo, etc. These will make a difference and give proper context imo.

If I were growing in a larger space, with no budget worries, and medium size plants (say under 28" tall), I wouldnt hesitate one bit in buying multiple 600w Pro-Bloom LED's from GrowStealthLED GrowStealthLED

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i have added a new company Medicinal Lighting to the charts. a member here owns the company... 4 arrays, 135 watt to 700 watts....

new charts in the OP...