What's new

Led question

Epod

hi all just a quick question :smokeit:
about led foot print i am looking for what size the foot print of 126w 205w 300w as iam trying to be ready for when my next crop is ready to change over to them i have a 11" x 4" bed
picture.php

covered by 3 600 hps + 4 200 envior light so any help would b very welcome
ive been watching the post by Genetics on the test he did :dance013:
and i touhgt it went very well so i need to cut the cost down a lot 4k elec bill :hide:

LEDGirl

Veteran
126W: 20" x 30" recommended
205W: 30" x 30" recommended
345W: 30" x 30" recommended

To cover an 11x4 tray with equal intensity, you would need 10x205W units, or 15 x 126W units. Either way the cost is about the same, but using the 205W lights would give you more power. Honestly though, if you're looking to achieve the same yield using LED as you have with HID, you may not need to run such a large area ;)

Epod

well uping the yeald i wood not mind :O) so how many 205 would say then to cover the same size then i didnt meen what size is the unit but what size is the light footprint it covers ie :5"x5"so like 2 led to cover the hole bed with the right amount of light this pays for my house so i dont have to move as my wife is very ill and cant move :O( i need to make 4k+ from each crop :eek:( and not have the massive elecy bill iam geting
And many Thanks for replying :O)

Last edited:

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah ten units to the tune of 8000 bucks. Good luck we aren't all commercial growers but we can dream about the LEDs. Peace and smoke

edit. Sorry for sounding troll-y as fuck just pissed I can't buy ten of the new 300+ watt units. I will stop. Peace ledgirl

MeanBean

Well let's try and figure out what led unit or units you may need..

So how many plants you runnin? how many cfl bulbs, and how many watts are they?

How much do you usually harvest with your current setup? how much would you like too?

See, sometimes you gotta change your op around a little to get the same result with led. "like your canopy size"

Let's see what your reply is and then we can keep diagnosing what would be a good replacement or upgrade for your current setup?

Epod

Thanks for the help
well i would like to keep the yeald around the same as i have to pay for my house i do this to support my dieing wife trying to keep her life simple not haveing to move house or i would do this a lot smaller just for me to have a nice smoke
plants own cross: orange bud X white wido 20
Lights:3 600 hps + 4 200 enviro watts 2600
yeald: 30oz to 45zo /840g to 1260

and FT100 i am not a commercial grower just some one tyring to make some ones last years good