What's new

LED Marijuana Blooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
That looks phenomenal compared to most other LED grows I have seen.

Last edited:

TheGreenBastard

Veteran
This is relatively off topic, but seeing as how you seem quite well versed in the field of Light Emitting Diodes, do you have any knowledge of OLED's. Specifically for cultivation purposes, I know that at this time the idea is far-fetched for this application (seeing as how they are rather difficult to manufacturer, especially at a cost that would be even slightly feasible).I guess my question is have you done any research into this particular application of OLED's. Of course I am thinking far into the future but nevertheless I think it would be an interesting experiment.

I began thinking about this after reading post from people talking about this being the way of the future. So I began thinking what will be the next era of ultra energy efficient indoor horticulture.

Just a thought.

TheGreenBastard

Veteran
we heard you the first time

If that was directed at me, I'm sorry for the double post and have changed the original.
My internet slowed for a minute and I had to refresh the page, though I was unaware that it had already posted so I tried again.

TheGreenBastard

Veteran
hps owns led hands down

what fun is there in growing if there isn't a chance your house might burn down?

Also if your not going to be productive on this thread and post thing about HPS being better without any proof please do not post at all. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say keep your unnecessary comments to yourself or start your own thread called 'why I think HPS are better than LED's' or something. I see that you only have three post so I'll say your not off to a good start, and if your only doing it to add to your number off post go to 'Introduce yourself' or 'Toker's Den' or something. If you read the previous post, most off us are serious about the topic and are here to learn and trade information.

This is relatively off topic, but seeing as how you seem quite well versed in the field of Light Emitting Diodes, do you have any knowledge of OLED's. Specifically for cultivation purposes, I know that at this time the idea is far-fetched for this application (seeing as how they are rather difficult to manufacturer, especially at a cost that would be even slightly feasible).I guess my question is have you done any research into this particular application of OLED's. Of course I am thinking far into the future but nevertheless I think it would be an interesting experiment.

I'm not hugely familiar with OLED's. I know they are being used in TV's and what not, but haven't seen them applied to horticultural growing. From the brief reading I did, OLED's are not as bright as 1W point sources, so until they are able to compete with intensity, and they're cost effective, they likely won't be used. In the future, this may change, who knows?

please no advice from trailer trash, i think that goes without saying though. Look at the price of L.e.d.s and explain to me how it will ever be cost effective to grow with these lights unless they drop the prices like 70 to 80 percent. 600 dollars for a 180 watt ufo?

Please leave this thread. You've been asked by another member, and I don't appreciate the posting you've maintained since the moment you signed up for this forum. From your first post on IC, you've been trying to push people's buttons, and all you do is talk crap. You've made ZERO positive contributions since joining, and you're not doing anyone any favors by posting. I personally won't be responding to any of your comments, and I advise the rest of you to do the same. This is not a place for flame wars :wallbash:

TheGreenBastard

Veteran
The main benefits I see from using them is the fact that they are flexible, efficient, and are transparent. I think maybe five to ten years from now they will be used in a variety of house-hold devices and their potential for growing will be quite substantial.

The main benefits I see from using them is the fact that they are flexible, efficient, and are transparent. I think maybe five to ten years from now they will be used in a variety of house-hold devices and their potential for growing will be quite substantial.

I think that opinion is well founded. I have no doubts we'll be seeing a lot more of OLED's in the future. As the tech improves, they may even become great for growing. They kind of remind me of those new solar panels that they can print... super flexible & efficient, yet cheap to manufacture

NukaCola

I like the fact that ppl are doing different things. I'm definitely looking forward to the outcome. And LED's

they did a story about led`s in high times like a year ago,had to have a been a 1st generation 90w ufo from hid hut,they claimed the ufo yielded 12 % percent more than a 400 watt mh,than like 2 months ago ed rosenentha tested a bunch of led`s and said they produced small buds

I think it looks great for an indoor grow, or your just a good grower. Make do with what you have, the real test is outdoors or a shit apartment that is pretty much outdoors. It's almost getting me to trade an Idea of an indoor grow, to be an LED grow...if not CFL's which don't really replace high wattage HID grows. LED's are HID's, very much high intensity ...direct light?

Ya anyhow, not that bad or your just that good. I'm all for tinkering around indoors in the winter, a little crossing, probably something that might root, transplant, and God forbid I get a bud!

TheGreenBastard

Veteran
Hydro, have you ever used LED's with any auto-flowering strains? It seems like that would be the ideal setup for a stealth grow.

jwm

Veteran
Very interesting thresd. Can't wait to witness the grow off...I like it and your definately going about this introduction in the right way Hydro..Good for you! I hope the test goes well, I'll be watching...

TheGreenBastard

Veteran
I was interested in what Jerry was saying about BF74's grow, and from what I saw he was quite happy with the result. Also know where did he even mention how much he payed so I don't know where the idea that he spent over $2k on his setup came from, unless I missed something. I don't know Jerry do you know him personally or something?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hydro-Grow-LED, if you're going to push your product here you need to contact Skip regarding advertising. You need to remove your link until this is done.....

jerrypike

Obviously you didn't read it then green. He said the led's are great for vegging but terrible for flowering.. the buds shrivel up after drying into airy popcorn

Status
Not open for further replies.