What's new

LED in Veg CMH in Flower Pros/Cons/Issues

GreenBizzle

Have a 4 x 8 running 4 315wCMH and currently vegging in a 3 x 4
with 4ft/8bulb T5 (pretty old fixture) but keep bulbs fresh.. Would love to lower my watt usage and optimize veg cycle/transition into flower.

Should I

a} go with another 315wCMH for veg tent with 4200k bulb

b} swoop an LED.. have my eye on VIPARSPECTA XS2000

c} stick with t5 cuz i already own damn thing

Are there potential issues with Vegging under LED and then moving the ladies under CMH? I guess that is my biggest concern...

Also, still trying to figure out sweet spot with CMH over flower canopy? 24 inches?

heatherlonglee

Plants won't root like you'd expect under LED compared to Fluorescents. They still will root and you can still clone ect... Fluorescents are old but they're still the best for cloning and early veg cycle.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I like using fluorescents for seeds, seedlings, and cuttings. However, I used LEDs for vegging and had super results. I think that Viparspectra Pro Series P2000 LED Grow Light is a super light for the price. You can drop your 315 watt CMH to about 18 inches from the canopy without a problem. Good luck with your grow.

RockinRobot

I've been vegging under 6500k LED T5 replacement bulbs and they've been working just as well as my old T5 lights, maybe better since I haven't seen 6500k T5 fluorescents. I still use HPS for flower instead of CMH though.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts