What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED-Hydro Veggie/Herb Garden

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
they are reacting fine.... one is still stretching, but the other is doing well...

then there is a third that just isn't stretching at all...

i'll try to post some pics soon ;)

GP73LPC

Veteran
the LST on the tomato's is working fine... i even have a couple small tomato's on one plant...

forgot to take a pic of those, will do that soon...

in the meantime, i harvested these several weeks ago.

picture.php

then i dried them and put them into a blender to make some JALAPENO CHILI POWDER !!!

this stuff rocks... :toohot:

picture.php

picture.php

Nader

Veteran
mmmm, can't ever go wrong with jalapenos. I grow a beautiful variety of chili called "Purple Tiger" that is very spicy, and I pick/dry the peppers when they're purple and about to turn green (unripe, yet still quite spicy) and grind that into an awesome-looking purple chili powder!

GP73LPC

Veteran
sounds delicious !!!

gotta a pic update coming on the indoor tomato's, crappy pics, but pics non the less... give me a couple mins...

GP73LPC

Veteran
here are a couple crappy pics of my crappy tomato's.

the one in dwc was really the one i was trying to test with, the other stuff i was just kinda keeping alive. but one of those is blooming... lol...

first pic is the group. LST performed on two of the tomato's. one time on the DWC and twice on the beer cup stretcher !!!! The circles show where the deed was done...

The beer cup stretcher is the one with the tomato's on it too (as seen in the second pic).

picture.php

picture.php

Nader

Veteran
Exciting! Don't hesitate to tie that flower set up to support the weight of the berries (I love that tomatoes are berries)

GP73LPC

Veteran
very cool, i will keep that in mind...

i have been kinda neglecting this little garden. need to go thru, trim a little, add water to the hydro tub and check my nutes...

btw, what do recommend for a hydro ppm on this tomato plant?

thanks

U

unthing

nice veggie garden there, missed this thread before.

yummy-looking jalapeno powder, have some naga powder myself, but understandably scared of it.

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks unthing :good:

just having fun, warming up the LEDS for when i can grow my favorite herb again ;)

GP73LPC

Veteran
pepper plant still producing... peppers are getting bigger also.

found a branch weighted down in the back, just laying on the rez tub...

here's why...

picture.php

GP73LPC

Veteran
got a few cherry tomato's developing and 1 ripened and picked. two little plants in beer cups and soil, one small and petite just started 1 tomato and the other has several tomato's and has been LST'd big time.

my hydro tomato isn't doing that great, well no fruit yet anyway.

benjuanman

Veteran
Looking good there GP73LPC. Im about to attempt to build an undercurrent setup for tomatoes n chillis. So was wondering what nute ratios etc r u using? I've got bout 6-8 unknown chillis, one Habenero plant and been feeding them GH Flora 3part ph 5.8 EC 1.4. Im only winging it myself as I had to rip down my "real" grow for security reasons but cant stop growing haha.Peace

GP73LPC

Veteran
i run the peppers at around 500-700 ppm, ph 7...

tomatoes which aren't do too well yet at about the same ppm total. i've been meaning to research this because that plant is not keeping up with two tomato plants in potting soil and beer cups... so just now i did and it looks like i should be running a much higher ppm...

looks like i need to up my ppm total on the tomatoes to about 1000-1200...

i will up my nutes on the tomatoes to see if that improves things...

GP73LPC

Veteran
i don't know the answer to your question :dunno:

but..., i did it in the oven first at 130 °F.

i just checked and the dehydrator runs at 130-140 °F...

you might wanna check the I Love the Hottest Peppers! thread. bonecarver_og and some others would probably know that answer...

GP73LPC

Veteran
LED array has a full house...

tomato clones (producing tomato's), dwc tomato's, broccoli seedlings, pepper plants, basil, cabbage seedlings, brussel sprout seedlings, cauliflower seedling, strawberry seedlings and romaine seedlings...

also planted some azoychka tomato's, early girl tomato's and sweet 100 cherry tomato's today...

most of this is going outdoors or in the greenhouse and there is more to come, but that's it for now... :tiphat:

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts