What's new

LED grown Sour 60

fhspolo16

Thank you and thank you. Learning has taken place. Now Where can I find PAR about LEDS? Or can someone help me with this.
par126.jpg
There are other graphs on the hydrogrow website if you want the values for their other lights

C

cyber echo

Really weird sah, I've NEVER faced overwatering problems with coco.
Are you keeping the LEDs on 24/0 ?
I read around that leds on 24/0 tend to cause leaf curling and other weird shit.
Maybe try 4/20 if you can't locate any other cause.
I don't know if there could be a logical/scientific explanation for that tho.
Again, unverified info,prolly bs, but wouldn't hurt to try as a last resort.

ps: Any substantial difference between the ones under LED and the ones that you put under CFL ?
Can't remember when you moved them under CFL. If its only been a day then prolly not much difference yet.

catness

I wonder if they look that way because they are just supposed to under LEDs, cant say as i have never used them myself but i guess if they are getting all the light they need to conduct their photosynthesis less than a foot away then they have no need to stand up and stretch for the light if you know what i mean? I have noticed the spacing between the nodes on LED grows is very nice and close, so maybe thats the cause. But again i have no hands on experience just been reading up on the theory side.

C

cyber echo

Okay, I searched around to see where I saw the negative posts about LED. I read alot of sites so its hard to remember where I read what.

Its illegal to post links to other forums, but I'll quote the relevant info from the posts.
Links are available upon private request, naturally. If you google a phrase ur sure to hit the link though.

1)
"..The issue with the seedlings stretching with the plantbar5's seems to only be with seedlings. Plants started under flouresent grow normally. Also, going any closer then 5 inches does stress out the plants, they wrinkle up a little. The 18 inches the vendor recommends I still think is to far, so right now I think optimum is 6 to 12 inches above the tops. I'll try a seedling at 4 inches, just to see if it doesn't stretch but think I will start seedlings on flouresent from now on..

2) (I hit this link now through google, apparently they arent talking about weed, but orchids o_O, maybe irrelevant, but if this could be a problem for some plants it could be for others)
..[Nickname withheld], I could but I am trying to avoid 2 things:
1) something that is being nicknamed "LED shock".

In summary, it is the plant reacting poorly to too much of a good thing. I have read where people compare it to over fertilizing. Kind of the 'too much of a good thing' idea. I can avoid this (apparently) by introducing the LED light slowly (aka from a distance).

2) deformations in the leaves and/or flowers.

The light does not get hot, just warm (slightly higher than room temperature to the touch) so the plant can grow right up to and against the lighting surface. The down side to that is that people have documented that the plant (while still healthy) will show deformations like curling or spiraling in the leaves and flowers. I can avoid this (apparently) by keeping the plant 12 to 16 inches from the light.

Again, this is all going to be a learning experience so we are just going to have to see what really happens..
Hope this is of help.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is one of the beauties @ about 24 days old. I watered them yesterday with PH water and molasses bubbled for an hour or so.

This next watering i'll give them a dose of the mild tea again.

S_a_H

Attachments

• todays 004 [1024x768].jpg
    todays 004 [1024x768].jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 20
  • todays 011 [1024x768].jpg
    todays 011 [1024x768].jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 14
  • todays 014 [1024x768].jpg
    todays 014 [1024x768].jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 21
  • todays 006 [1024x768].jpg
    todays 006 [1024x768].jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 14

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am also moving the shelf down 4-6 inches tomorrow. The older ones are on the right and the younger ones on the left so they are a few days behind and slightly smaller only because of age.

S_a_H

Attachments

• todays 015 [1024x768].jpg
    todays 015 [1024x768].jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 20
  • todays 017 [1024x768].jpg
    todays 017 [1024x768].jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 15

Roortokeage

Sah what is RH???

and the pot temp I dont know I use a Electronic thermometer. I could lay the probe on the bag or on the plastic, but we all know it will be colder than what the LEDS are pushing off.

Need a little more help on what you are trying to do and show me

Roortokeage

There are other graphs on the hydrogrow website if you want the values for their other lights

SOoo what does this show? And HydroGrow Is a terrible resource. Been down this road too. If you like the forum and post I can show you. And how I shown people that these LEDS are a waste for Flowering.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sah what is RH???

and the pot temp I dont know I use a Electronic thermometer. I could lay the probe on the bag or on the plastic, but we all know it will be colder than what the LEDS are pushing off.

Need a little more help on what you are trying to do and show me

Relative Humidity

Your air temp could say be 80 degrees but if your pots are say 60 degrees your plants are going to grow slower. So if your pots are to cold you may have to think of some way to warm them up. Like using a seed heating mat on a timer.

S_a_H

Roortokeage

Relative Humidity

Your air temp could say be 80 degrees but if your pots are say 60 degrees your plants are going to grow slower. So if your pots are to cold you may have to think of some way to warm them up. Like using a seed heating mat on a timer.

S_a_H

thank you very much I was thinkin the same. I will get a seedling pad like you said. thank you again buddy for the advice. Plants look good

RH is at 40 now, sionce raining outside. usually is 30 becasue I have a dry room. And pulling hot air from vent to help with the temps.

Come take a loook at the grow

yeah I know what you mean about pot temp. I will have to get that going.

Crazy branching going on there S_a_H... I have one that I just put into flowering that has similar branching but not nearly on that level... and it took LST coercion in order to accomplish it.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All of them are looking like that and I am pretty sure its the LED light but until we see some other grows I won't know.

S_a_H

the.rise

id love to see some sour 60's done under a 400w hps along side these LED's because as far as i can see, your girls are loving their light, and growing rapidly. Youve got twice the side branching i have with a similar number of plants under a single 400w cmh. i did miss the first tea (was halfway across country for days 7-10) but the point is still that these LED's are performing really well.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
id love to see some sour 60's done under a 400w hps along side these LED's because as far as i can see, your girls are loving their light, and growing rapidly. Youve got twice the side branching i have with a similar number of plants under a single 400w cmh. i did miss the first tea (was halfway across country for days 7-10) but the point is still that these LED's are performing really well.

I wish that I could have done that but I just do not have the room.

But I am sure directly we'll be seeing some other grows to compare. I am currently waiting to get that cut of Auto Affie so I need to decide what to do with her when it does come.

S_a_H