What's new

LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W pro source LED LIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEDGirl

Veteran
to bad that wasn't out in the beginning of my test, could have used that new light to be a more equal watt for watt against my 180w. since their closer to the same watts. are the leds going to be closer together on these new units or still spaced apart?

Yeah, wish it was out when you first got your light, but we didn't have the money back then to pay for a new mold to be cast for a completely custom unit. You now how HIDHut has the Supernova UFO? That big thing that no one else has? Same thing here, the 205W panel itself is proprietary to our company. It was developed to "fill the need" for the space in between our current units. The LED's will have very similar spacing to the 126W.

LEDGirl

Veteran
I was under the impression the 126w could compete with the 180w. Not only compete but was better by a long run.

The 126W is currently competing against the 180W. It beat it during the veg stage hands down, and now we're all sitting around waiting for the last few weeks to finish up so we can have a yield report. Even if the yield is the same, the 126W would prove better by a long run. Anyhow, let's just wait for the results shall we? :thanks:

I

irishboy

Yeah, wish it was out when you first got your light, but we didn't have the money back then to pay for a new mold to be cast for a completely custom unit. You now how HIDHut has the Supernova UFO? That big thing that no one else has? Same thing here, the 205W panel itself is proprietary to our company. It was developed to "fill the need" for the space in between our current units. The LED's will have very similar spacing to the 126W.

yep it takes time and money, but every company needs their own signature product that no one els has. know after ur hard work you have yours. congratulation on ur new signature light.

I

irishboy

The 126W is currently competing against the 180W. It beat it during the veg stage hands down, and now we're all sitting around waiting for the last few weeks to finish up so we can have a yield report. Even if the yield is the same, the 126W would prove better by a long run. Anyhow, let's just wait for the results shall we? :thanks:

i am getting all excited should be only a few more weeks, till i am smoking some Blue dream and hindu skunk.lol. that BD looks like its going to be some fire. cant wait.
but like i say the real test is when its on the scale. this will be the most accurate way to see how each light really dose. i cant wait to see what i get off of each plant. :tree:

i plan of weighing each plant separate and giving the yield per plant, since i have that little runt that wont yield much. then giving a total yield for all 3 plant under each light. then anyone can make up their own mind after that. then you can do gram per what or whatever you want to calculate things.

LEDGirl

Veteran
Sounds great Irish. In the end, the real winner is you with all of that beautiful bud ;) Merry Christmas by the way :xmastree:

I

irishboy

Sounds great Irish. In the end, the real winner is you with all of that beautiful bud ;) Merry Christmas by the way :xmastree:

that is very true.

Merry Christmas to you to, and to all.
i am about to put my gifts under my weed trees. now thats a x-mass tree.

MMAJAY

I thought I understood that the same way as you did too.. The 126W was going to blow away the 180W Jumbo and now I see the 180W is doing better than the 126W, what gives? I was waiting for this test before I decide which one to buy, but if the 126W gets beat, i'm sure not buying a new 205W light that nobody has even tested yet..
This new led technoligy is just that.. Just watch and see. I wont drop a dime on LED until i see concrete results. I will not bash LED girl either cuz she answers all questions to the T. In the end i see myself useing LED because it will be the future. I dont give a rats ass who has the better LED but i am waiting to see. One thing i can say is i like the way LED girl is very prompt in answering all questions. So far her lights are cheaper. I love waiting for results. I really hope i will be useing LED in the future and could care less who gets my green. I know HPS grows good flowers and when i see LED makeing nice flowers I am in. Keep up the good work LED girl. I enjoy reading your responces.:xmastree:

really

yo irish wat is the deal with the 4 switches on the top of the 180 ufo and what are the 4 switches used for thanks hope to see your stuff finished happy new year

I

irishboy

yo irish wat is the deal with the 4 switches on the top of the 180 ufo and what are the 4 switches used for thanks hope to see your stuff finished happy new year

each switch turns on/off a 1/4 of the lights. so if you have fresh seedlings/clones you don't over power them with light, like i did at first with my hindu skunk and now its a runt. ur suppose to break them in with the light at first, then little by little turn each 1/4 on.

I

irishboy

Maybe it would help on overal plant health if you trimmed lower branches and budsites. lookin saucy tho...

i usaly do lollipop my plants. but didn't this time because i wanted to keep it fair for this test. i wanted to see what each light dose as far as bottom growth, since it was claimed that the 60 degree leds would add allot of fatter bud down low and the 120 degrees wouldn't. so i left all the bottom branches to test out the penetration of these lights.

dogsnova

(this is direct quote from prosources site)
Oppositely, some manufacturers advertise a full-spectrum, and often include white, green, and yellow LEDs in their design. Many of these wavelengths, however, are inefficiently used by plants, if utilized at all. Plants have three main photosynthetic substances that react best at certain, precise wavelengths of light. When you look at plants in sunlight, most plants appear green, because the bluish-green through yellow-orange spectrum is the spectrum of light which most plants reflect. Reflected light is light which is not used by the plant!

Look at this chart below that came from HT magazine. Can you explain to me why Pro Source would use ORANGE led's??
I would much rather LEDGirl use white led's. At least they have some useable spectrums in them... BTW from what she has said the white led's are used to fill in some gaps... Hope this helps ya..

Attachments

• MJ Peaks01.jpg
    MJ Peaks01.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 19

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
So 7 weeks flowering yesterday.
Yeah.

Irish are you gonna do a Wet weight when you chop for initial way ins ?

botanist85

So Im a little forum's whore. I went out and checked other sites. I.E. rollitup.org and it just breaks my heart, the 180w is kicking ass. Week 7 is posted everywhere else except here, you fall a sleep Irish? To much Eggnog and rum?

I

irishboy

sorry guys i tried posting these pics last night but it wouldn't let me. here are week 7 pics. i put each pic above each other so its easier to see the difference between each plant.

7_weeks_flowering_029_630x472_615x460_600x448.jpg

7_weeks_flowering_035_630x472_615x460_600x448.jpg

7_weeks_flowering_032_630x472_615x460_600x448.jpg

7_weeks_flowering_034_630x472_615x460_600x448.jpg

7_weeks_flowering_022_630x472.jpg

angelenesdreams

kinda strange how you both are basing your decision off ONE grow result. i don't see you in the other grow journals talking smack, or posting in any other thread, for that matter. how come?

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Prosource marketing dept. has arrived?

Prosource marketing dept. has arrived?

kinda strange how you both are basing your decision off ONE grow result. i don't see you in the other grow journals talking smack, or posting in any other thread, for that matter. how come?

Good Question!

W.

Status
Not open for further replies.