What's new

LED and BUD QUALITY

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Day 26 here, moving right along. I have the bars up to 95%, ill be at full tilt by Sunday. Co2 at 1100ppm. They are drinking and eating like crazy. Seeing some chlorotic leaves on my heavier feeders like Mac and White Truffle. Ill up the feed a touch at res change but i wont be exceeding 1.4-1.6ec this round. Even at 1.8 as a max last round we saw a touch of nute burn. Hard to dial it all with 8+ strains and at such high environmental demand. Vpd is around 1.2-1.4 between ac cycles. Ill keep it there most of the run. Maybe push a little higher at the end and drop temps a touch too.

View attachment 18852089 View attachment 18852090
Exess of P try some feeding regime with higher N&K and lower P....they work better for me.
P is only good for seed production.

Nice setup anyway.

Birmaan

Nothing to do with high vs. stoned, it's all about the CBN being too heavy after about 15% amber. Significant numbers of people confuse sleepiness with potency. I've noticed people only like things within their window of awareness. lol ;)
Very subjective..to me it tastes better that way and as I said, no couchlock or anything like that...I assume you know frenchy cannoli ? Check out his lyrics on dimensions of ripeness if you don't know them.

,,The ideal is a gland that is 60-80% amber and only 20-40% clear"

Cheers..haha and lol ;) :biggrin: :ROFLMAO:

CannaT

Premium user
I like 15-20% of cbn to every flower I grow.
Its perfect time to chop in my expirience(I like it that way) most strains I feel that poteny peek is like 15-20 clear 15-20 brown and 70-60 cloudy.

I take advice from Soma that every time you think its ready give it a week more. And I really like it that way.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exess of P try some feeding regime with higher N&K and lower P....they work better for me.
P is only good for seed production.

Nice setup anyway.
Thanks for your input! That was round 2 in the space and we underfed in general. We did not have excess P, never even supplemented it in that prior photo. We were deficient in K for sure. This has since been corrected and this run is much happier…..
F00A2CF5-02D8-41B8-BC27-96D402BA4D6C.jpeg
65C9134C-1676-4373-AAEB-7C73371ACA6F.jpeg

On another note though, with all due respect, P is needed for a lot more than seed production. It impacts height and internodal spacing and it increases yield when elevated(most elevate too much however simply because P toxicity is quite rare). Cannabis more than other plants stores P in higher amounts, they need it. Its a mobile nutrient that moves through them very fast with or without seed production.

CannaT

Premium user
Thanks for your input! That was round 2 in the space and we underfed in general. We did not have excess P, never even supplemented it in that prior photo. We were deficient in K for sure. This has since been corrected and this run is much happier…..
View attachment 18877321 View attachment 18877322

On another note though, with all due respect, P is needed for a lot more than seed production. It impacts height and internodal spacing and it increases yield when elevated(most elevate too much however simply because P toxicity is quite rare). Cannabis more than other plants stores P in higher amounts, they need it. Its a mobile nutrient that moves through them very fast with or without seed production.
Screenshot_20230815-072502-240~2.png

I see that its coming again...but If you happy with outcome its all good.
👍
Your grow and your flowers
😉

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 18877468
I see that its coming again...but If you happy with outcome its all good.
👍
Your grow and your flowers
😉
That is the beginning of K deficiency. As you can see thats older growth. The newer growth is fine. Since we know P is highly mobile if we were P deficient or tox it would show on new and old growth. I guess i should have supplemented it even sooner than week 3? I dunno tbh its a head scratcher this never used to happen under lights w lower ppfd. I may just need to up the feed more. I do appreciate your input. One thing that is not though, is P toxicity like you suggested. I dont want to argue either but i didnt give them p tox with no supplement and feeding 1.4-1.6 ec this entire time. Thats not what P deficiency or tox looks like. We would see inner veinal necrosis and leaf tip chlorosis. Its clearly K as ca++ suggested in my prior run. Shout out to the homie! I maybe should have supplemented even more? This is round 3, ill have to try again in about 8-10 weeks 😆

Either way im glad ive got some badass growers on IC helping me along the way. @Ca++ i guess our local tissue testing spot is no longer in operation. So ill have to send them out but i do plan to do this with the most recently mature fans.

Last edited:

CannaT

Premium user
That is the beginning of K deficiency. As you can see thats older growth. The newer growth is fine. Since we know P is highly mobile if we were P deficient or tox it would show on new and old growth. I guess i should have supplemented it even sooner than week 3? I dunno tbh its a head scratcher this never used to happen under lights w lower ppfd. I may just need to up the feed more. I do appreciate your input. One thing that is not though, is P toxicity like you suggested. I dont want to argue either but i didnt give them p tox with no supplement and feeding 1.4-1.6 ec this entire time. Thats not what P deficiency or tox looks like. We would see inner veinal necrosis and leaf tip chlorosis. Its clearly K as cal++ suggested in my prior run. Shout out to the homie! I maybe should have supplemented even more? This is round 3, ill have to try again in about 8-10 weeks 😆
if you use for flowering modern cali formulas like NPK 1-2-(3,5-4). It can be that small amount of N and high amount of P can lead to small amount of K.
It dosent matter if you have right dosage in nute tank...
Better what fits to me is something like 2-1,5-3 NPK or something like that.
And you can suplement PK booster at weeks 4-7 if you need it like 1-2,5-4

Other problem what can cause are bigger strees levels and temp swings,or pests and disises that eat your roots.

Thats why I told you at 1st post lower P and higher N,K.
People are afraid of N these days but still its most importent element in plant life.
Put next time higher N&K and tell me results.

But i think in this case is lack of N and to much P
compared to K.

❤️

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you use for flowering modern cali formulas like NPK 1-2-(3,5-4). It can be that small amount of N and high amount of P can lead to small amount of K.
It dosent matter if you have right dosage in nute tank...
Better what fits to me is something like 2-1,5-3 NPK or something like that.
And you can suplement PK booster at weeks 4-7 if you need it like 1-2,5-4

Other problem what can cause are bigger strees levels and temp swings,or pests and disises that eat your roots.

Thats why I told you at 1st post lower P and higher N,K.
People are afraid of N these days but still its most importent element in plant life.
Put next time higher N&K and tell me results.

But i think in this case is lack of N and to much P
compared to K.

❤️
Much appreciated my friend. Well figure this out. I was very pleased with our final product and weight last round with lots of room to improve. Well get there! These lights are pretty insane, they put a lot of demand on our girls thats for sure.

CannaT

Premium user
Much appreciated my friend. Well figure this out. I was very pleased with our final product and weight last round with lots of room to improve. Well get there! These lights are pretty insane, they put a lot of demand on our girls thats for sure.
nobody of us grow cannabis for their fruits cuz fruits of cannabis are seeds and they need lots of P....we grow cannabis for flowers and they need N and K....remember that. 😉

Probably that intensity make plants grow very fast and they need bigger N demand than usual.

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you know how many ppm of K you have, or increased it by, @Crooked8
Unfortunately no, i started using the RAW potassium that calls for 1/16-1/8 tsp per 2 gal. Week 3(last week) they got 1/16 per 2 gal. About 11ml per 70 gal res. This week they got 15ml per 70 gal.

Charles Dankens

I hear you, there are times I really need that sleepy stuff.
Lately though I've had overripe for so long I'm sick of it. lol Soooooo sleeeeepy all the time, even after using mass caffeine. That last flower makes me tired just looking at it. lolol

kali mist fem under a chill led rig, first run w this light. Day 34. Never experienced narcotic effects from this cultivar.
8-15-kali.gif

Ca++

Unfortunately no, i started using the RAW potassium that calls for 1/16-1/8 tsp per 2 gal. Week 3(last week) they got 1/16 per 2 gal. About 11ml per 70 gal res. This week they got 15ml per 70 gal.
They might be working in the 150-300ppm region. It's difficult to say. Gallons and teaspoons are not fixed, and if we presume US, it's still 5ml, which is volumetric. SOP as a block, is 2.6g per ml. I have used 1g as it's comparable to other granules with a similar SG.

The only thing RAW here, is the measurements.

Before you figure out how to get it right, you might want to get a more typical 0-0-52 SOP and weigh it. I'm not sure where they lost 4%, or what's in it's place. Or perhaps they are not using low grade SOP. Which would tie you to their product. I would be cautious.
The information filtering down to us from cannabis crop scientists, will only come as PPM (mg/l). So to readily converse on these topics, without pausing to google everything, we should think in a similar way.

I think I have spent an hour on this 3 minute post. Googling measurements so ridiculous, the outcome was useless anyway. The 150ppm boost of week 3 looks really quite high though. I'm not sure where you started, but it could be 50% more than you had from your base feed. Mg and B need watching with such a bump, and while it's not accepted, I would also watch N. Giving consideration towards an overall base feed increase, if this higher K leaves other issues to attend to.

Edit: Hold up. That was my first coffee post. I used a RIU thread stating a gram in a gallon is 119ppm. I think we need to trim that down 10%. I'm still thinking I might of needed a sugar in this brew, so I will write it out.
50 x 0.82iirc = 41% K elemental. that's 41ppm putting a gram in 10L, or 410ppm putting a gram in 1L. So 410 divide over 3.78? = 108ppm. I bet we have different spoons. It's close enough, but I don't like using other peoples maths. Mine's not great, but I have to own it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts