What's new

LED and BUD QUALITY

JKD

Veteran
3rd party would be nice, that efficiency rating is insane. Hard time believing that, and this spectrum chart…what? 🤨

View attachment 18968075

Scroll down to reviews for 2 different Tarantula fixtures. The first sets Shane’s efficiency record.

weedemart

Scroll down to reviews for 2 different Tarantula fixtures. The first sets Shane’s efficiency record.

if you have the space the greenhouse version give better value 50% more photon for 20% higher price tag.

My guess is 4-6pound per fixture.

Last edited:

phunkeeboodah

"other central asian countries have inferior potassium..."

20% or less humidity in the grow space...

but ur right, send back the hps lol

2024-02-16_tegas1.JPG

Attachments

• 2024-03-01_tegas1.JPG
    2024-03-01_tegas1.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 20

Ca++

I think we might, as inline spectrometers in particular are already used in other industries. Relevant to this industry there are already inline meters (in other industries) reading NH4, NO3, NO2, P, K, Fe, Si, & Na, among other parameters. The problem isn’t the ability to do this accurately, it’s the prohibitive expense of the spectrometer. I posted a recent feasibility study a couple of pages back where they show it’s now possible to be done cheaply.
Yeah, I remember glancing over that. I thought it might of been about the mini one's coming. If you buy a defraction device, just for one use, then you are only interested in a limited number of paths through it. With this mapped out, you can not only thin the apparatus down, but also start folding it with mirrors. This will give us small devices, with limited use. However, as long as that is our use, happy days. This will lead to us carrying a few perhaps, but then small plant sap samples can be looked at in the field. This might open up their use to tent guys, who don't have a ball of leaves to spare. As that is what traditional sampling needs.

With N as today's topic, the leaf may contain 3.4-5%
A bottle of canna, might be 2%
In our blocks, 100ppm is 0.1%
It's when we get to these lower numbers, things get harder.

JKD

Veteran
With the industrial devices using UV-Vis spectrometry over the range (200-750 nm), NO3-N measurement for example can read accurately down to 0mg/L in 0.01mg/L increments and can take a reading (inline) every 15 seconds.
The technology is already in use, it’s a matter of applying it to this industry.

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What should Canna T do differently. The only trolls I see are the ones claiming led needs more nutes because led magically puts out more light than measured. I don't think that's why led needs more nutes. I don't think magic imaginary stuff is involved. I think the quality of light is related to the quality of light-nutrient signaling regardless of the fucking technology behind it.

So tell us how Canna T can stop growing shitty indoor weed. If he's using the same strains indoor and outdoor how does he make the shitty led indoor as good as outdoor.
If you work out do you eat more?

If plants have more photons of light shed on them, they are working harder and faster and need to eat more and they need balance in other areas. If you up light intensity you need to increase feed, co2, oxygen to the root zone if possible, air movement etc. its about achieving balance.

There is nothing imaginary about Leds producing more light for less energy, its extremely measurable.

weedemart

Yeah, I remember glancing over that. I thought it might of been about the mini one's coming. If you buy a defraction device, just for one use, then you are only interested in a limited number of paths through it. With this mapped out, you can not only thin the apparatus down, but also start folding it with mirrors. This will give us small devices, with limited use. However, as long as that is our use, happy days. This will lead to us carrying a few perhaps, but then small plant sap samples can be looked at in the field. This might open up their use to tent guys, who don't have a ball of leaves to spare. As that is what traditional sampling needs.

With N as today's topic, the leaf may contain 3.4-5%
A bottle of canna, might be 2%
In our blocks, 100ppm is 0.1%
It's when we get to these lower numbers, things get harder.

plant doesnt need macro fertigation. as long as you keep things in balance it will does what it does; turn energy into photosynthese. It's easy to overthink and start doing stupid thing. I try to treat cannabis like any other plant and dont go outside of the essential.Apply science forget the rest.

weedemart

Be careful trusting AI mate. It simply combs the internet for information related to what you input, it can't verify or cite it's information, it may very well be using information pulled from bro-science forums like riu, weedfarmer, ICmag, etc... It's a cool function, but in now way should it be trusted for verifiable scientific information.
this is the source I was looking for:

In term of ratio

2N-0.25P-1K-1CA-0.16MG-0.16S-.003FE

interesting fact ; 2ppm chloride

Does it make sense.

Thats a gift honestly. Anyone taking the time to figure this will gain.

1709448138157.png

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
1000001693.jpg

1000001691.jpg

@Crooked8
Still learning ?
Its time for another "how to grow course."
Can you grow without deficiency ?
Only defic3ncy we want at the end is N.
:)

CannaT

Premium user
Wanna show us your premature, skinny heat stressed stuff? Your failures under led? My last run had no deficiency at all. I can pull up old photos too.

View attachment 18968190 View attachment 18968191 View attachment 18968192 View attachment 18968193 View attachment 18968194
View attachment 18968197
You are close...one day you Will harvest healthy low N plant. And you Will say Canna was right.
Till that day you need to learn more and go one few "how to grow" classes.
Try with other one maybe Bugbee isnt that one.

P.s. you are struggle with 9 week kush plant Imagine you grow Jack there...🤣🤣

CannaT

Premium user
Still I didnt get my answer where is the lower electricity bills with eficient leds ???
😂😂😂

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 18968197
You are close...one day you Will harvest healthy low N plant. And you Will say Canna was right.
Till that day you need to learn more and go one few "how to grow" classes.
Try with other one maybe Bugbee isnt that one.

P.s. you are struggle with 9 week kush plant Imagine you grow Jack there...🤣🤣
You thought my truffle was “done” at week 6. Your plants never make it to maturity or look healthy and plump. Youre the one who needs a class, youre a science denier and a lazy grower. I took the class because i wanted to know everything possible. Youre making fun of me educating myself beyond my already 20+ years experience while you fail and present no understanding of how lighting works or how to finish a plant. Its clownish.

CannaT

Premium user
Its like the easiest answer ever. You get more light from a 700w light than you do from a 1000w hps. How can you possibly miss why that would save electricity. A 3rd grader could understand this.
+ dehumidifier + heater.
Its more 700+ 1200+2500w.

CannaT

Premium user
You thought my truffle was “done” at week 6. Your plants never make it to maturity or look healthy and plump. Youre the one who needs a class, youre a science denier and a lazy grower. I took the class because i wanted to know everything possible. Youre making fun of me educating myself beyond my already 20+ years experience while you fail and present no understanding of how lighting works or how to finish a plant. Its clownish.
The browning of pistils in plants can be caused by various factors, including nutrient deficiencies, environmental stressors, or pest infestations.
Not something good...thats why I said its not something normal.
:)