What's new

LED and BUD QUALITY

weedemart

@weedemart why are you only in a small tent instead of running the cannabis market? Honest question. How are you so experienced and so knowledgable yet you have nothing to show for it?

I think you dont want to be tested because you dont know. Mr Brainiac please show us your depth of knowledge.

What is mass balance?

Your beloved nitrogen is used in two forms, what are they? When each one enters the rhizosphere of a root, something must come out, what is it?

When plants seek Phosphorous, what do they do and why? Whats often the result in deficient plants and media lacking P? If they

You are correct that high P can create more stretch/node spacing, when would the be a benefit?

Why are Chelates so important when it comes to Iron?

Why is any of this taught as information in these courses when it comes to cannabis if all we need to stress is Nitrogen?
So you're are not testing me. ahahah
One time.

1. Dont know what it mean. cation/anion balance maybe?
2.actually four form; urea, ammonium,nitrate,amino acids(glycine), it release the opposite ion charge.
3. Not sure where you go here but once again you wont see often phosphorus deficient plants because it wont show symptom above 10ppm. But in case you have P deficient plant, growth would be stunded, leaves show necrotic spots and poor root devellopment.
4. If you want plant to expand... multiple timing.
5.Because it protect iron from precipitation.
6.Which course?

weedemart

In tissue testing, Nitrogen is first, but Potassium is a close second when it comes to the % and ranges.

If youre as special as youve indicated surely someone would have had you running things. It sounds like they went another direction and youre left with a small grow. Which is fine man. Just stop trying so hard to argue with everyone when youre so clearly outgunned.

You told another member/moderator that you “standardized every aspect”. When you only did that for your system. Its just getting old.

Ah dude , you knows nothing. Please. I'll throw the same argument against you, why you still growing in your 20k setup instead of running a multi million grow ops :p

I choose to go legal I cant afford to go back.

And I'll be honest, I have fun arguing because sometimes I learn something. And I did.

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Back to Led and bud quality

This is a fun one, Raskals Fire from yesteryear, smells like OG and rotten guava tropical fruit and spices. Super tasty.

IMG_5785.jpeg
IMG_5786.jpeg
IMG_5787.jpeg
IMG_5788.jpeg

Mac 1 we barely run her because it is super slow in Veg but shes always stunning and tasty. Like musky stone fruits for me.

IMG_5791.jpeg
IMG_5792.jpeg
IMG_5793.jpeg
IMG_5797.jpeg
IMG_5798.jpeg

Tom Ford OG

Like candied roses and piney OG terps. My personal favorite. Pics never do justice for any of these.

IMG_5800.jpeg

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah dude , you knows nothing. Please. I'll throw the same argument against you, why you still growing in your 20k setup instead of running a multi million grow ops :p

I choose to go legal I cant afford to go back to illegal.

And I'll be honest, I have fun arguing because sometimes I learn something. And I did.

far red diode are more efficient that red diode.
How do you know I havent run multi million dollar grow ops? You mean like this one? 😆

IMG_5801.jpeg
IMG_5802.jpeg
IMG_5803.jpeg
IMG_5804.jpeg
IMG_5805.jpeg

The answer is because laborers are unreliable. The “expert” team that our main investor hired were all bro science growers who fucked the room up and it was my job to fix all of their mistakes. They were foolish and partied and drank all the time. Wasnt long before one of them got pinched and I refused to return to the facility and dropped all contact. My room is just that, my room. and i make the calls and do all the labor, which is why it does well. And 20k? Hah, you must be joking, our lights alone are worth over 10k. Benches alone were 6k. Thats without any electrical, solar, hvac, anything else. Were easily 3x more than you said but its all ours(my wife and my own). I wasnt left with a tent. Instead i built what youve seen and im happy. I work other jobs that are lucrative and it makes for a multi faceted life where i dont need to rely solely on cannabis.

weedemart

How do you know I havent run multi million dollar grow ops? You mean like this one? 😆

View attachment 18967689 View attachment 18967690 View attachment 18967691 View attachment 18967692 View attachment 18967693

The answer is because laborers are unreliable. The “expert” team that our main investor hired were all bro science growers who fucked the room up and it was my job to fix all of their mistakes. They were foolish and partied and drank all the time. Wasnt long before one of them got pinched and I refused to return to the facility and dropped all contact. My room is just that, my room. and i make the calls and do all the labor, which is why it does well. And 20k? Hah, you must be joking, our lights alone are worth over 10k. Benches alone were 6k. Thats without any electrical, solar, hvac, anything else. Were easily 3x more than you said but its all ours(my wife and my own). I wasnt left with a tent. Instead i built what youve seen and im happy. I work other jobs that are lucrative and it makes for a multi faceted life where i dont need to rely solely on cannabis.
Ok you win. LOL

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So you're are not testing me. ahahah
One time.

1. Dont know what it mean. cation/anion balance maybe?
2.actually four form; urea, ammonium,nitrate,amino acids(glycine), it release the opposite ion charge.
3. Not sure where you go here but once again you wont see often phosphorus deficient plants because it wont show symptom above 10ppm. But in case you have P deficient plant, growth would be stunded, leaves show necrotic spots and poor root devellopment.
4. If you want plant to expand... multiple timing.
5.Because it protect iron from precipitation.
6.Which course?
1. mass balance about matching cardinal parameter requirements in the shoot and root zone. This is what im referring to when you increase light you need to increase feed etc. getting everything you deserve from your efforts and imputs “more crop per drop”

2. Two of those end up in feed, ammonium and nitrate and they need to be balanced as well 80/20 is bugbees sweet spot

3. When plants seek P they acidify their own rhizosphere. Up to 1 ph point of a drop in 24 hours. This often leads to micro toxicity. Typically manganese tox if i remember correctly causes major necrosis.

4. And yes, especially with plants that stay short like that Mac 1 which is a turtle in veg.

5. It is to make it possible for fe3+ to enter the rhizosphere as fe2+ and drop OH-(hydroxide), which is toxic.

6. This course….
IMG_5806.jpeg

But I bet you know more about how to do all of this than their federal and Nasa funded team. The most funded group to study cannabis in the US that i know of.

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok you win. LOL
Its not about winning, its about not bullshitting people and making stuff up. I really feel at times like you might know something. Then you act trollish and youre not the first. Weve had maybe 3-4 new accounts here in the past year who come in here down talking people who have serious experience. Youre one of them. I asked for you to be humble and that it would enrich your experience here. I hope you can manage to take a step back and realize other people know a thing or two, it doesnt take acting like a prick to get there man. You told me “i know nothing”. If you know so much, you dont need 2ms to get in you need to show your worth to someone who has 20ms.

weedemart

Its not about winning, its about not bullshitting people and making stuff up. I really feel at times like you might know something. Then you act trollish and youre not the first. Weve had maybe 3-4 new accounts here in the past year who come in here down talking people who have serious experience. Youre one of them. I asked for you to be humble and that it would enrich your experience here. I hope you can manage to take a step back and realize other people know a thing or two, it doesnt take acting like a prick to get there man. You told me “i know nothing”. If you know so much, you dont need 2ms to get in you need to show your worth to someone who has 20ms.

I said you know nothing about the why I'm not in charge of a grow ops. Not ''you know nothing about cannabis.''

I have a lot to learn , but I select my source because there is so much bullshit in this market. Never said I'm the best , never will. I'm always improving. But yeah I'm proud.

And I'm not bullshiting. Keep an eye on my tent.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I said you know nothing about the why I'm not in charge of a grow ops. Not ''you know nothing about cannabis.''

I have a lot to learn , but I select my source because there is so much bullshit in this market. Never said I'm the best , never will. I'm always improving. But yeah I'm proud.

And I'm not bullshiting. Keep an eye on my tent.
Ok, looking forward to it.

weedemart

Ok, looking forward to it.
Btw I didnt take the course or any type of academic education in growing, just sayin. Bugbee is just one of the few name I can say he knows, probly because his work highligh what I learned and did for years. I watched his podcast on youtube.

But even what he says is not a perfect fit with the reality. the 80/20 ratio of ammonium looks great on paper but theres research that show nitrate based feed only increased potency against feed with ammonium. the 80/20 ratio aim for ph stability, not quality.

And be carefull with ammonium,it's a very strong cation and it compete with your beloved potassium, you dont want antagonism, ops , shortage. xD

sharing is caring?

Last edited:

Terpyterps

Far red is not worth the money, if you happen to have some in the LED fixture it’s fine but buying one just for that is not worth. UV might be better option but it is much more efficient to use T5 UV or alike, because UV LED is also very ineficiente and they use much more electricity to prospect UV than T5.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Btw I didnt take the course or any type of academic education in growing, just sayin. Bugbee is just one of the few name I can say he knows, probly because his work highligh what I learned and did for years. I watched his podcast on youtube.

But even what he says is not a perfect fit with the reality. the 80/20 ratio of ammonium looks great on paper but theres research that show nitrate based feed only increased potency against feed with ammonium. the 80/20 ratio aim for ph stability, not quality.

And be carefull with ammonium,it's a very strong cation and it compete with your beloved potassium, you dont want antagonism, ops , shortage. xD
Youre STILL convinced i was suffering from antagonism solely. Because you thought of it, and you think youre right. Its unbelievable. My test, my numbers, from a lab. But you know more than what that tissue test shows. It was antagonizing Potassium and that was my problem the whole time right? Then why did this issue never occur under HPS with lower average umol? Why did it suddenly appear under agrobar Leds? Why did adding more feed solve the problem? All i did was up my base! Why wouldnt this further antagonize things? Why would everything just look happy and healthy afterward? Sincerely asking because i am not a scientist and i dont make my own nutes. But i would think upping the base would cause the issue to worsen if it was antagonizing it.

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
Far red is not worth the money, if you happen to have some in the LED fixture it’s fine but buying one just for that is not worth. UV might be better option but it is much more efficient to use T5 UV or alike, because UV LED is also very ineficiente and they use much more electricity to prospect UV than T5.
The UV diodes we use are up to 72% efficient. T5s are about 25-30% efficient.

Far Red has proven gains.

It helps if you actually do a little research.

weedemart

Youre STILL convinced i was suffering from antagonism solely. Because you thought of it, and you think youre right. Its unbelievable. My test, my numbers, from a lab. But you know more than what that tissue test shows. It was antagonizing Potassium and that was my problem the whole time right? Then why did this issue never occur under HPS with lower average umol? Why did it suddenly appear under agrobar Leds? Why did adding more feed solve the problem? All i did was up my base! Why wouldnt this further antagonize things? Why would everything just look happy and healthy afterward? Sincerely asking because i am not a scientist and i dont make my own nutes. But i would think upping the base would cause the issue to worsen if it was antagonizing it.
Well because you didnt take a sample of the slab. thats a major issue.

sometimes increasing feed will help.it depend on few things.

First do you use reverse osmosis... I will guess yes.

2; what your nutrient base? any additive?

3; were you in flower or veg

4;how often you change rez , do you top res with nutrient or water?

because as I said, ebbflow have flaws; it create unbalanced , unstable rootzone environement and yes antagonism and lockout is a common issue in those system that dont happen in dtw.

On other part, well you already know the answer you increased light intensity with led so you had to increase your feed. But in that situation its not K deficient its N deficient. More intensity more everything but especially more N

Last edited:

weedemart

390-405 nm is closer to blue than uv. you should call the wavelenght instead. its misleading. but hey I understand why you use them at least. You were right but for me its blue.

Terpyterps

Could you please provide some evidence to support that. My understanding is that they are around 10% efficient at the moment, might be bit more nowadays. Talking about LED UV.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well because you didnt take a sample of the slab. thats a major issue. tissue analysis should be the last step after you take a sample from the slab.

sometimes increasing feed will help.it depend on few things.

First do you use reverse osmosis... I will guess yes.

2; what your nutrient base? any additive?

3; were you in flower or veg

4;how often you change rez , do you top res with nutrient or water?

because as I said, ebbflow have flaws; it create unbalanced , unstable rootzone environement and yes antagonism and lockout is a common issue in those system that dont happen in dtw.
We test the WC, PH and EV of the slabs regularly. We use a Bluelab Pulse. Definitely a helpful tool and its new to us honestly.

Yes RO with UV sterilization

Nute Base is H and G Aqua Flakes, other H and G line additives and some Botanicare stuff.

Reservoir changes weekly, top up with half strength base added. Otherwise the slab EC goes up too high.

Weve got the ebb and flow dialed pretty well, as i said, white roots till the end of a 9 day cycle. No Pythium issues in the old slabs. If it were the new white improved slabs id be terrified of Rot.

Terpyterps

Coco for cannabis stated that fluorescent light produces naturally UV and it is still by far the most efficient source of UV where LED and other light sources are not. Just went back to the podcast where he is explaining LED lights etc. Also did quick search and didn’t find anything that said otherwise. But I am open for debate and if you provide me with better evidence to support your claim I am more than open to change my mind.

Edit:
Grow Cast Episode: LED Tech Breakdown

He talks about UV around 7min forward…

Last edited:

weedemart

We test the WC, PH and EV of the slabs regularly. We use a Bluelab Pulse. Definitely a helpful tool and its new to us honestly.

Yes RO with UV sterilization

Nute Base is H and G Aqua Flakes, other H and G line additives and some Botanicare stuff.

Reservoir changes weekly, top up with half strength base added. Otherwise the slab EC goes up too high.

Weve got the ebb and flow dialed pretty well, as i said, white roots till the end of a 9 day cycle. No Pythium issues in the old slabs. If it were the new white improved slabs id be terrified of Rot.
1709370663346.png

ok.the fact that aquaflakes is super rich in potassium leads me to think im right.If and only if your tissue analysis showed K defiency for real. here my thought ; you had magnesium antagonism because thats pretty stupid.. aquaflakes push way too much magnesium. 0.8%Mg against 0.9%K !!! thats pretty insane.. you should take a water analysis directly from a freshly mixed solution and look for magnesium vs potassium ratio. it should be close to 3-4K to 1Mg. but at the rate they say on the label it will cause antagonism, 100%. and topping between rez change just add to your issue. if any of your additive add more magnesium to the mix , you increase again antagonism by adding more magnesium to the already unbalanced mix. It could be the reason of the last drop that caused your issue. one of your additive add magnesium to your mix and it became quicly unbalanced. by increase base nutrient ec you restored this balance of the original mix.

as time pass, your mix become depleted of K and the antagonism become more obvious.Then you top off half strenght, add more magnesium to the mix which is already high in magnesium but not enought K and it keep going like that... That a dirty circle. So when you asked , increasing my base nute ec should increase antagonism; No because the source of your antagonism is probly an additive. your base nutrients is fine alone but limit unbalanced.

Like there not a lot of important ratio but this one is the most important ; K:mg ratio should be below 2 at all time in hydroponics

But do the water analysis. hg label is shady. i think they just state minimum value but there is more.

if you find its really unbalanced,you should give a try on canna substra flores start to finish ( not aqua) or jacks hydro....they say hg is similar to canna but its not true.and dont listen what they say. it works in ebbflow and its well balanced.

Last edited:

Rocket Soul

Coco for cannabis stated that fluorescent light produces naturally UV and it is still by far the most efficient source of UV where LED and other light sources are not. Just went back to the podcast where he is explaining LED lights etc. Also did quick search and didn’t find anything that said otherwise. But I am open for debate and if you provide me with better evidence to support your claim I am more than open to change my mind.

Edit:
Grow Cast Episode: LED Tech Breakdown

He talks about UV around 7min forward…
Unfortunately he isnt completely right. It kinda depends on what uv: you could argue that fluorescent are a cost efficient option for uvb since those diodes are really quite inefficient and not(edit) cheap. Youre proof is in the datasheets of said fluorescents and uv diodes; you can use almost any modern brand for this comparison: led come out winning in efficiency at least for 375-400nm.
Covid seems to have made efficient led uv much more available. Not everything said in a youtube Growcast is true.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts