What's new

LED and BUD QUALITY

led05

Chasing The Present
I got the name from the chilis. Hard to find these days but they were a rip off from peters peppers. Always good for a laugh.
Chilliwilli = where I come from

When playing Beirut / Beer Pong, when you loose you flip solo cup over, the lip on the bottom holds about 1/3rd a shot of liquor, amazingly or it did 25 years ago…

We’d fill it with Vodka etc, you had to sniff it down, damn looser… :)

Chilliwilli….

Anybody else knows this; well let’s chat cuz I’m guessing we’re the only odd fuckers doing that back in the day - lol

PS: I’ve been growing with LED nearly 15 years now, and HID well over 2 decades…

People are getting trolled in here; don’t bother feeding it…

GoatCheese

Veteran
We have a problem with bud quality under LED, pollen quality under LED, thats why we are here, to figure it out, the history, the science, everything, dont make this into a clash of the titans.
Why do you keep generalizing still? Who’s “we”?

I don’t have a bud quality problem- i get more resin and tighter nugs with my 3500K Cree cobs compared to my 250w Osram Plantastar HPS i used in the same tent. I have no potency problem with my weed - i can't feel a difference to my HPS-weed with the same keepers i've grown for over a decade. I've used 250w 400w and 600w hps lights and the potency compared to my Cree cobs is more or less the same - if i've lost strength some times it was me fucking things up.
..you don't mess things up ever, ay? it's a led-problem at your place. :rasta:.

I don’t have any problems blooming males under my 3000K Samsung LM301H light, and it produces pollen just the same as when i was using a CFL light for blooming small males and the pollen sacks are the same sized. I posted this already

How about you change this “we” to “some of us” because many people here don't seem to agree with you, bro.

PS.
I have never talked about LPS lights ..i had to google to find out what that even means.. I have not talked about veg-spectrums or vegging plants - this is a bud quality-thread.

You guys should use the quote-function when you start talking about what someone else said so that you’d get it right. Obviously you’re talking about someone else’s comments, not mine.

snakedope

View attachment 18740680 View attachment 18740681 View attachment 18740682
Some of mine...
I can also post some pics and studies directly from the drug research and test labs from the swiss police authorities ( wich have a worlwide extraordinary good reputation for their researches on cannabis) ;)

See what im talking about ? under developed heads.
Please post the studies that say 28% thc ! but lack the proper glue and effect to back it up.
You dont get it huh... they are all in the same gang, call it "conspiracy", but its your lacking of defining the problem we have.

Ok Goatcheese, not we, some of us, 95% to be accurate, i always thought anything above 50% is most but you got better terminology them me i guess
I told u earlier, im happy that you are the 5% who dont notice a difference, you are prob a magician or something else that i cant think of..
Anyway its not about me and you, its about the tech and its uses, lets keep it like that.

Snipp

LPS would be great - I can literally see the normal houesehold fuses melting when turned on.
A few days ago they busted an illegal plantage here because of the characteristic peeks in the energie consumption. ( insider knowledge - they can see when LPS are turned on).
But as for the usage as growlight - yes.

Ca++

This is a thread about leds and bud quality.

Your boring convo about led/light terminology has fuck all to do with.

Can’t you make your own thread for that BS? ..i won’t join the conversation. Fucking boring.

Grow some plants and smoke some weed, bitches.
Light levels have nothing to do with bud quality? Please do educate us

Your post #178 served no purpose other than to insult me. You don't know what off topic even is. I'm not sure you wipe your own arse.

Why have you sent me two direct messages in the last 24 hours, when our only contact is this thread. Are you trying to get me on side with your trolling?

Stop dragging me into these off topic stuff. If my third post on the trot to you has to say this, I'm going to tap report, you butt wipe.

Snipp

See what im talking about ? under developed heads.
Please post the studies that say 28% thc ! but lack the proper glue and effect to back it up.
You dont get it huh... they are all in the same gang, call it "conspiracy", but its your lacking of defining the problem we have.

Ok Goatcheese, not we, some of us, 95% to be accurate, i always thought anything above 50% is most but you got better terminology them me i guess
I told u earlier, im happy that you are the 5% who dont notice a difference, you are prob a magician or something else that i cant think of..
Anyway its not about me and you, its about the tech and its uses, lets keep it like that.
Never seen a Laboratoty anslysis?
And it is not an US lab, so I think we can trust the results
KillerA5Hazecannabinoides.jpg KillerA5Hazeterpenos.jpg KillerA5Hazeterpenos2.jpg

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
View attachment 18740680 View attachment 18740681 View attachment 18740682
Some of mine...
I can also post some pics and studies directly from the drug research and test labs from the swiss police authorities ( wich have a worlwide extraordinary good reputation for their researches on cannabis) ;)
i don't trust labs - a few yrs ago when washington state (i believe it was wash) went legal, growers had to have lab results- a grower sent out his bud to '6' diff labs, and got '6' diff results- thc was from 21 to 29- maybe labs have gotten better, maybe the swiss labs are the shit (in a good way) - i dunno

Ca++

View attachment 18740643
I just cannot resist - found the lumen on one of my smaller light.
98% efficiency
3000kelvin , and diff. Frequencies
40000 Lumen- if this helps

I have this for 60x60cm, 2ft

For ripening and trichomes 680-750nm are responsible to trigger this. Mid value 730..
That sticker doesn't even fit :) The oddly spelt OutPut is a rating I have not seen for a while. 200lm/w they might be saying, but Samsung dropped the lumen during the LM301B production. The H is horti, where Lumen has no meaning.

Did you print it yourself for shits and giggles? lol

Snipp

My daughter made weed analysis for the swiss government for 3 years. You think you can do measurements with wrong results in such a case?
As for laboratories in the US I would not be sure....
Do you know what other countries are thinking about your educational level?;)
I don't want to offend anyone... but. ..

Snipp

That sticker doesn't even fit :) The oddly spelt OutPut is a rating I have not seen for a while. 200lm/w they might be saying, but Samsung dropped the lumen during the LM301B production. The H is horti, where Lumen has no meaning.

Did you print it yourself for shits and giggles? lol
H stands for horticular ... read the manuals
And I never said Lumen counts for this purpose. Just wanted to give the term others are using ( lm instead of umol)

Snipp

@Ca++ - I think we are not so different. At least we both have some zerms in common.
Sticker beside - it might be fell off but that has nothing to do with the light itself.
They are not beauties, but cheap and longlasting, I can repair myself if needed. They do their work

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
My daughter made weed analysis for the swiss government for 3 years. You think you can do measurements with wrong results in such a case?
As for laboratories in the US I would not be sure....
Do you know what other countries are thinking about your educational level?;)
I don't want to offend anyone... but. ..
if u read what i said.... maybe the swiss labs are the shit....

Snipp

I am just too lazy to invest more time in my plants. So I keep also the lights simple . It's a hobby, I dont need Killerweed, too old.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
thanks snipp for showing those readings at differing heights. we will still have folks thinking they can measure at the light.

we have folks thinking i'm talking about lumens for plants when i never said anything like that. i was just trying to get everyone using the same terminology so that then we could have a meaningful conversation.

the thread title is "led and bud quality" and that's why i showed my 1680 watt light.

i built my light before fohse came out with their A3i. and as all can see who looked at the link their idea is to use thousands of small diodes instead of a few large ones. i doubt anyone read it.

i post a link to surna showing basic definitions of lighting terms and no one reads it.

so it looks to me that some folks just get their jollies trolling.

this is one of the reasons i have avoided icmag for the last few years. it has become a destination for trolls.

Reactions: xet

Ca++

unbelievable! the density is so painful!

i read research papers about light and it's application for plants almost daily. i have seen every bugbee video.

i assure you that i understand the difference between the terms used to describe light behavior.

i have quoted statements from the manufacturers backing up what i say and some have just ignored the references or refuted them.

i agree with the surna paper. that's why i put it up here. i can see that few have read it.

i can't help chumps that don't want to learn..

you cannot project a lumen rating onto a square meter and get ppfd. you must actually read the light at the canopy to get ppfd. you must use a par meter to do this.

how many of you on this thread even own a par meter? i own 2. and use them daily.

so we have broken down this thread into a point where no one can even agree on basic terms that are being presented with references.

it has devolved into uselessness. i move to close it.
I'm sorry pal. I don't know how much you have watched, but you don't get it. You are saying you can't calculate it, but can measure it. Again you have it backwards. How do you think lighting rigs are designed, if I can't calculate them. Me, that is, not someone I read about.

You tried to show us a 1550lm lamp was 1500 ppfd didn't you? From about 14w? over 100umol/w when 3umol/w is really high?
Okay, lets leave the math as you don't recognise it. Lets look what you did.
Your ppfd meter, is cutting the terminology short. It's a ppfd/m2/s meter. Because that is how we measure it. I'm on my 3rd time around here, so please look at the right sources regarding what equipment you own, so you can use it properly.
That is the fundamental problem here. Your meter was telling you the answer, if you had a meter of canopy illuminated to that level. You had a small fraction of that area illuminated.
I know what you are doing. You are going round with your meter taking spot measurements. Getting some numbers that look right, but not seeing the area part of this measurement. The moment this twigs, you will see it's all very calculable. What you are doing gives you some numbers that work for you. I'm not trying to change that way of thinking. Without seeing the bigger picture (area) you can't personally calculate ppfd from ppf and area though. However, just because you can't doesn't mean it can't be done. It's a measurement standard. These as standard index units. Benchmark stuff that you are denying.

Would it really make a difference if I said I had more light meters than you? Is that what this discussion has come to. How many hours of youtube we have watched. This are not good arguments. It's closer to religion.

Snipp

thanks snipp for showing those readings at differing heights. we will still have folks thinking they can measure at the light.

we have folks thinking i'm talking about lumens for plants when i never said anything like that. i was just trying to get everyone using the same terminology so that then we could have a meaningful conversation.

the thread title is "led and bud quality" and that's why i showed my 1680 watt light.

i built my light before fohse came out with their A3i. and as all can see who looked at the link their idea is to use thousands of small diodes instead of a few large ones. i doubt anyone read it.

i post a link to surna showing basic definitions of lighting terms and no one reads it.

so it looks to me that some folks just get their jollies trolling.

this is one of the reasons i have avoided icmag for the last few years. it has become a destination for trolls.
1680 Watt Led - that is really powered😁.
On what surface?
I have 720 on 3x3in

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
actually ca++, i have plotted entire 5x5's and 4x4's and averaged them to get readings to verify.

i have stated spot center readings here and then posted what the edges are getting.

but if you like i will do a little measuring project.

i have a net installed over my plants right now.

the plants have not reached it yet so it is free and clear of all obstacles.

i will plot every fucking square on it for you and report the readings. the light goes off at 2:30 my time so i have enough time right now to do it.

i'll be back!

Snipp

actually ca++, i have plotted entire 5x5's and 4x4's and averaged them to get readings to verify.

i have stated spot center readings here and then posted what the edges are getting.

but if you like i will do a little measuring project.

i have a net installed over my plants right now.

the plants have not reached it yet so it is free and clear of all obstacles.

i will plot every fucking square on it for you and report the readings. the light goes off at 2:30 my time so i have enough time right now to do it.

i'll be back!
Yes, please😀

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
well, the surface area can change. for quality, i put it on a 4x4 or a 5x5. i just did a pheno hunt with 30 plants with 4 in the pool and the rest in containers all around. it grew them all out just fine for testing. i would guess that area to be about a 10x10'.

i gotta go now i only have 3.5 hours to plot this for you guys.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Light levels have nothing to do with bud quality? Please do educate us

Your post #178 served no purpose other than to insult me. You don't know what off topic even is. I'm not sure you wipe your own arse.

Why have you sent me two direct messages in the last 24 hours, when our only contact is this thread. Are you trying to get me on side with your trolling?

Stop dragging me into these off topic stuff. If my third post on the trot to you has to say this, I'm going to tap report, you butt wipe.

So you make many false claims about me on public forum..

..and then YOU threaten to report ME for trolling YOU??!

What a nerve.

I said nothing about light levels. I said your led/meter- terminology convo belongs somewhere else.

You keep making false claims about what i’ve said. Maybe i should report you – but i’m not a little bitch like you and i just PM people to ask about their problem if i see fit ...as you well know.

This dude doesn’t want to reply in public or to my PM about if he ever grew the same cut side by side in coco and soil, like i have. Yet he seems to think he’s qualified to lecture me about the topic with a mocking tone in two posts. That’s what he’s really made off. Take note - a total muppet.

Latest posts

Latest posts