What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lebanese is out of stock

Lebanese is out of stock

Hi all,

Lebanese stock has been sold out, although you may still find the last packs available from this 2018 release through our official retailers:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/wholesaler-list/

We hope to work again with the Lebanese next year and bring the line from P3 to P4 generation for the upcoming release, although this won't happen in short term as we are busy right now with other landrace projects (pure moroccan, nepalese sativas and most probably cambodian sativas for the second half of 2019).

Thanks for supporting this release while it was available :thank you:

Any suggestions about where to get a pack?
I waited too long to order... Now outdoors season is almost too late and Ace site is out.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome achilandor,

Kindly, read the Additional Information>Growing Tips of the Lebanese strain desription on our website. Hope it helps.

Hi, I'm very interested in planting this plant. Please write down the instructions on how to grow the plant, such as soil type and fertilizer type....

Theorganicguy

High, all!

It looks like these plants are starting to flower now, with 15:30 hours of daylight. There are multiple, possible explanations for this delay:
a) These genetics have never been grown with so many hours of light
b) The cold and rainy May might have slowed them down a bit during veg, delaying the hormone's development
c) Street lamps on the road may have disturbed the natural light cycle
Out of the three, the second one seems to be the most probable one, since even hemp, which usually starts flowering exactly on the summer's solstice, is starting now, a month later than usually.
Anyway, the most important thing is that I seem to have a male and a female, which should consent to create more seeds, maybe even acclimatised to my microclimate.

Lebanese male:
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Nice, fragrant peach smell from the stem. It's responding quite well to the general, organic vegetable fertilizer she received. I'm going to pollinate my green pck with it

Lebanese female (?)
attachment.php
attachment.php

This one has a lighter colour and a spicier smell, almost like dried mountain flowers. Looks like a female to me. She hasn't shown any male preflower yet and has started stretching a week ago. You can see something that resembles a female preflower in the second pic. I'm thinking about letting her in a small pot in order to speed the flowering a bit and to avoid having flowers too big for this rainy, cold, mountainous climate.
A nice weekend, everybody!

Attachments

• IMG_5099.jpg
    IMG_5099.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5100.jpg
    IMG_5100.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5101.jpg
    IMG_5101.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5102.jpg
    IMG_5102.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5104.jpg
    IMG_5104.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Hi Dubi,

What kind of terpenes are you smelling in Cambodian you are working with?

I had some very special Cambodian Red in 1976 I bought from Dennis Peron in San Francisco. It was like in perfume and incense terpenes. Super strong too

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Theorganicguy,

As we explain in the official description of the strain, this Lebanese line is semi autoflowering, this means it starts to flower early in July as soon as the days start to get shorter after summer solstice, or when she feels rootbounded in the pot.

Hope the second one is a female so you cam make some seeds from both :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dr. Purpur,

We haven't started yet with the Cambodian sativas preservation projects.
We are right now too busy finishing the preservation of an old Beldia pure moroccan strain, reproducing pure wild nepaleses from Annapurna, reproducing my old Nepal Mist hybrid and finishing with the stablization of a new CBD rich strain that is already quite advanced.

We hope to start the SE asian projects in winter or early 2020.
I will keep you all updated with our progresses. Thanks for your interest.

therevverend

Veteran
As we explain in the official description of the strain, this Lebanese line is semi autoflowering, this means it starts to flower early in July as soon as the days start to get shorter after summer solstice, or when she feels rootbounded in the pot.
I'm guessing you're around 50 degrees N lat, maybe a tiny bit north of me. Last year I grew a Sinai strain which is very similar to Lebanese. It started flowering at this time last year. The strange part was that it didn't finish until the last week of September/first week of October!

We've debated before about what to call these kind of strains, photo-sensitive, semi-Auito, photo-dependent. Whatever you call it when the days are getting longer, especially over 15 hours, they'll stay in Veg. Once the days get shorter and closer to 15 hours they'll switch to flowering. The closer you get to the equator the quicker they'll flower and the earlier they'll finish.

The further north you go the longer it takes for strains to switch to flowering and the more inaccurate estimates for finishing time become. It's rough because there's a lot of growers in England, Canada, Russia, etc. that play a guessing game every year trying to figure it out. Trial and error and acclimating your strains to your region are the best strategies. Lebanese, older Moroccan, Turkish, Danish and Dutch outdoor, there's quite a few choices these days instead of going with straight Autos.

You can see something that resembles a female preflower in the second pic. I'm thinking about letting her in a small pot in order to speed the flowering a bit and to avoid having flowers too big for this rainy, cold, mountainous climate.

I've gone back and forth on whether letting plants get rootbound forces pre-flowers. I used to believe it did, I'd let my no show plants get rootbound in the hopes that it would force flowering. Now I'm not so sure. I've seen quite a few large healthy plants show pre-flowers before smaller root- bound ones.

Another question is whether cutting back N and feeding P and K can make plants flower sooner, or at least sex sooner. Really these are two different issues, N deprivation, and feeding bloom fertilizer. I've wasted enough bloom fertilizer to realize P and K don't cause my plants to flower any quicker. As far as less N, I'm still on the fence.

I guess I'm not much help, all I'm saying is I don't really know! One thing I have found is that the later a plant shows sex the more likely it is to be male. Especially the older a plant is. A plant that was germinated in March or April that hasn't sexed at this point has a very high probability of being male.

Theorganicguy

Hi Theorganicguy,

Hope the second one is a female so you cam make some seeds from both

High Dubi :)

I was just expecting a quicker flowering onset, like farmerlion's Lebanese last year. His plants started flowering around the 23rd of june. I'm quite sure that with a longer veg phase they could begin here around the summer solstice as well. Just bad luck, I guess...
and yes, female confirmed!

I wish you a beautiful weekend!

I'm guessing you're around 50 degrees N lat, maybe a tiny bit north of me. Last year I grew a Sinai strain which is very similar to Lebanese. It started flowering at this time last year. The strange part was that it didn't finish until the last week of September/first week of October!

Hi Thereverend,
First of all, thanks for chiming in! I can always use some northern grower's tips. I'm at 48N, actually. We could be neighbours :biggrin:
I think Sinai needs 9-10 week of flowering as well? Sounds like a plausible harvest window.

We've debated before about what to call these kind of strains, photo-sensitive, semi-Auito, photo-dependent. Whatever you call it when the days are getting longer, especially over 15 hours, they'll stay in Veg. Once the days get shorter and closer to 15 hours they'll switch to flowering. The closer you get to the equator the quicker they'll flower and the earlier they'll finish.

I think that the amount of vegetative phase plays an important role in the onset of flowering. As I said above, Farmerlion lives around 48N as well and his plants were shooting pistils before july. A couple generation of acclimatization should do the trick.

The further north you go the longer it takes for strains to switch to flowering and the more inaccurate estimates for finishing time become. It's rough because there's a lot of growers in England, Canada, Russia, etc. that play a guessing game every year trying to figure it out. Trial and error and acclimating your strains to your region are the best strategies. Lebanese, older Moroccan, Turkish, Danish and Dutch outdoor, there's quite a few choices these days instead of going with straight Autos.

I agree. The afghani and pakistani strains, for example, start flowering around the first days of august here, while kali china and more NLD plants wait until the autumn equinox.
To be honest, I like autos as well. The results I get from plants flowered under the sun of june and july are astonishing. Autumn is cold and wet here, with snow around end of October. Mould is always around the corner. I therefore like to harvest multiple times through the season and a combination of autos, semi-autoflowering and photoperiodic strains seems to float my boat quite well.

I've gone back and forth on whether letting plants get rootbound forces pre-flowers. I used to believe it did, I'd let my no show plants get rootbound in the hopes that it would force flowering. Now I'm not so sure. I've seen quite a few large healthy plants show pre-flowers before smaller root- bound ones.
Another question is whether cutting back N and feeding P and K can make plants flower sooner, or at least sex sooner. Really these are two different issues, N deprivation, and feeding bloom fertilizer. I've wasted enough bloom fertilizer to realize P and K don't cause my plants to flower any quicker. As far as less N, I'm still on the fence.

I guess I'm not much help, all I'm saying is I don't really know! One thing I have found is that the later a plant shows sex the more likely it is to be male. Especially the older a plant is. A plant that was germinated in March or April that hasn't sexed at this point has a very high probability of being male.

Still doing tests as well, and the results aren't nothing expectular...I learned to let nature do her things and be patient. The plants have already enough things on their chlorophyll minds, no need to stress them more :biggrin:
I have experienced the exact contrary: a 2-3 months old plant that still hasn't shown any sexual sign is usually a female. Take my lebanese plants for example: I initially thought the bigger lebanese was a female and the smaller one a male. The first to show sexual stigmas was the male. That's what I've always observed. I recognise the possibility of a late flowering male, but I've never seen one. What about you?

Thanks and a nice weekend to you as well :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_5131.jpg
    IMG_5131.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 30

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi therevverend,

Nice post, i fully agree on your comments.

I'm located at 37ºN and the females of our Lebanese strain start the flowering in July, but they finish in late September/first week of October, as you correctly pointed out. She is a very early starter, but the flowering time is not that short, more moderate. On the other hand, the pure Moroccan strain we are preserving right now has a similar (or even faster) flowering onset and also similar semi autoflowering traits like our Lebanese, but the Moroccan really finishes incredible fast: in late July/early August.

Of course, flowering onset and finishing times vary depending on latitude and other growing variables.

To let unsexed seedlings to rootbound and to deprived them of nitrogen will speed up the sexing, although it will increase the male ratio due to environmental stress during sexing time.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Theorganicguy,

As far as i can see, looks like your Lebanese was finally a female :)
Please, keep us updated about how is she doing. Best wishes!

SolarLogos

Read this thread a few times through now, thought I'd throw in my input.

Here is one of my (Ace) Lebanese this year.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81097&pictureid=1971807View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81097&pictureid=1971806View Image

Fully foxtailed buds, intense cedar citrus smell. Excited to harvest.

45th parallel
Welcome SS and nice first post! She is a real beauty. You did an awesome job on her. Have a blessed harvest!
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
WOW SunScrabble! :tiphat:

What a great way to introduce yourself to the forums.
You can be proud of her and i'm simply delighted watching your results! :yes:

Theorganicguy

Read this thread a few times through now, thought I'd throw in my input.
Fully foxtailed buds, intense cedar citrus smell. Excited to harvest.

That's simply astonishing, SunScrabble! Looks like she is going to yield a generous amount :biggrin:
I'm definitely awaiting some bud shots and a smoke report as well!

Here's my humble plant. Still, she has a special place in my heart:huggg: Pics are a couple days old.

I pollinated her with my lebanese male, trying to adapt her to a wetter, colder climate. Luckily, she can finish in a greenhouse, if she may need a little heat kick during our cold october.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-09-01 at 15.17.01.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-01 at 15.17.01.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 43
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-09-01 at 15.16.26.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-01 at 15.16.26.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 36

SunScrabble

:woohoo:

Thank you **SolarLogos, and thank you **Dubi you showed me what to expect of Lebanese! Did not disappoint. I appreciate your work Dubi. Next season will be some Lebanese x Bangi Haze crosses and vise versa, BH x Leb.

Possibly will throw in some Realseedco Johaar, and Sinai next year.

Could make some interesting crosses. :woohoo:

--Theorganicguy Awesome plant! Going to be a real treat, going to have to hear your smoke report as well!

Here are some shots from today....

She is a bit of a leaner!!

^^Is my Leb #2 a bit bulkier than the rest.

Both the Leb #2, and #3 started flowering around June 15th

Im'One

Hi therevverend,

Nice post, i fully agree on your comments.

I'm located at 37ºN and the females of our Lebanese strain start the flowering in July, but they finish in late September/first week of October, as you correctly pointed out. She is a very early starter, but the flowering time is not that short, more moderate. On the other hand, the pure Moroccan strain we are preserving right now has a similar (or even faster) flowering onset and also similar semi autoflowering traits like our Lebanese, but the Moroccan really finishes incredible fast: in late July/early August.

Of course, flowering onset and finishing times vary depending on latitude and other growing variables.

To let unsexed seedlings to rootbound and to deprived them of nitrogen will speed up the sexing, although it will increase the male ratio due to environmental stress during sexing time.

I had a strange...I let my Lebanese product seeds and then planted those. My plants were indoor and had a lighting mishap due to power outage and my inexperience. I saw no Nanners but my two females produced seeds. After pulling them I found some odd looking intenodes down low.
At any rate I loved the high, it was rather intense with the smaller red stemming pheno. So I planted some of the seeds.
They came up and had the red stem!
My first grow was on 12\12 from day one to day 90 when I harvested. These plants didn't show flowers until 30 days in
The seedlings I am growing out of the original grow are two weeks old. Out of a perverted sense of curiosity I sprayed one with bigbloom foliar spray. Foxfarm bigbloom is earthworm castings and bar guano. It's high in p and k. Within twelve hours the sprayed plant showed preflowers, with little white pistils. The other plant has not, and it's been in the same condition otherwise. Both are in 12\12 under cfls as was first grow.
The high was not short-lived as you say in the advertising!...It was a 4 hour cerebral buzz like I haven't felt in years. The other pheno was green stemmed and almost no buzz at all.
Love both phenos..like the redstem best!

Theorganicguy

Lebanese sativa pheno (maybe?) producing the first resin and some seeds for the upcoming year :biggrin:
She's really bushy and has delicate sweet smells, reminds me of some orangey fruit.

Attachments

• IMG_5298.jpg
    IMG_5298.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5299.jpg
    IMG_5299.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5301.jpg
    IMG_5301.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5302.jpg
    IMG_5302.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 41

orfeas

Veteran
Oye Theo, is that dill in the background?

:tiphat:orfeas

No need to respond, at a closer look it shouts out "fennel" ...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent SunScrabble :)

Lebanese crossed with Bangi Haze sounds interesting. Please, keep us updated about your hybrid when you start to grow it. Congrats on your fantastic pure Lebanese harvest ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Im'One,

Thanks for your feedback, glad you enjoyed so much with the finished product of your Lebanese plants :)

I'm not a heavy weight smoker, but my colleagues and me at ACE didn't found the effect of the Lebanese too strong or long lasting, due to its high CBD content, but the effect is without any doubt very high quality and pleasant. Happy you rate yours as intense and long lasting ... our landrace releases (well, all the strains) get better and better with every generation of work, compared with the original P1 first generation landrace seeds we had to work with before their releases.

As we state in the official description of the strain, this Lebanese is mainly an outdoor line which works best outdoors in hot and dry climates. It's easy to grow her indoors, although we don't fully recommend her for indoor growing because although she is quite sexually stable outdoors, she is not fully sexually stable in indoor conditions.

Take in consideration that hashplant landraces like Lebanese or Moroccan have been grown many many generations (dozens or hundreds) only in outdoor conditions, and growers there mix all the plants and seeds after harvest for hash production without eliminating hermies and without doing much selection of seeds coming from best non hermie females, so it takes time (a few generations of proper breeding and selections) to fully adapt these outdoor lines to indoor growing without hermie problems.

Latest posts

Latest posts