What's new

Lebanese blonde hash

cheescake

actually nowadays red libanon is getting more available beacause the nation changed its policy again.
they recieved american help for a while on the condition they stopped the weed farmers in libanon.
after a while though they still weren't getting help and had lost theit greatest export, so it was switched back again.
this was told to me by a coffeeshop owner who knows his stuff, so i trust it's real, offcourse i can never be sure.
chees

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I got a big piece of the best red Leb I've had in years precisely four days after Israel invaded earlier this year. Two days after they announced a ceasefire, the hash source dried up...:)

Oh yes, lebanese is one of the tastyest hash there is, along with kashmiri. Both have the best taste but one is hand rubbed while the other is dry sift. Good stuff ! RR.

chizzleonetime

stepinrazor u sure thats red leb ?? last time i had red leb was years ago and it actually had a tint of red to it and was much darker than that from what i can remember,, ye can remember the taste of cedar too lush stuff only gd hash i see nowadays is gold seal and the odd bit off sticky pollen

R

randude

When I was young and in the US Navy we went on a Westpac (Persian Gulf Pack actually) in 1982-1983. We hit some ports in Kenya and Oman and some other places for R&R and restock the ship with food and stuff. Anyway, Kenya was a huge drug port and the searches of the sailors was very intense. Most of us could not find a way to get anything illegal back on the ship. One fellow that I personally knew tried to swim back to the ship in the dark and tie a big duffle bag full of herb to the boat. He got caught and at 17 years old he received a dishonorable discharge and 5 years at hard labor. I did not manage to get anything on the boat that time. However, other did. I remember going around the ship looking for little for it and found some a couple of times. One fellow had some great hash. It was blonde, pliable, fresh, tastey and stoney. I instantly fell in love with this stuff. They guy that was selling it was selling for like $30 a gram, highway robbery in those days, but I bought all that I could. He showed me a seal that was on a large amount of it with a name and a picture. It was pretty neat.
We all smoked on this hash for a couple of weeks, it seemed to not be running out. I had gotten called to go to the Masters At Arms office for a drug screening. Master at arms is like the law. As I was heading for the office I seen the ship’s dentist drop a large zip lock bag full of that stuff in front of one of the law dogs. It was a huge bag with hundreds of those $30 grams in it. It had to be some kind of fate or something, to drop something out of you back pack right in front of the law. The law dog terribly harassed that dentist and was yelling and stuff. My eyes could not leave that bag he was waving around as he was trying to hand cuff the dentist. The man told me to reschedule my piss test since he had bigger fish to fry. I had enough time to clean out my system before the next piss test. That dentist got 5 years hard labor and a dishonorable discharge. That was a crazy trip and sometimes I do not know how I even made it.

ngakpa

Veteran
Lebanese Blonde, Mount Lebanon (above Beeka)

strong cedar pine aroma --- potent high, breathless take off - interior introspective high

Attachments

• LebBlo2.jpg
    LebBlo2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 42
  • LebaneseBlonde.jpg
    LebaneseBlonde.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 47

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
i always thought the blonde was more of a term to describe the purest kif/hash, not necessiarily the strain in which it came from. We used to find both blonde hash and then blonde hash with hints of red, perhaps they where different grades? rather than different strains/techniques, but perhaps I was wrong all those years?

ngakpa

Veteran
CannaCo-Op

I'm inclined to agree with you --- that blonde above had an apricot pink tinge if you looked at it closely --- my assumption is also that later harvested plants would turn red... due to genes and/or cold... giving the Red Leb

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
ngakpa - i just know that no matter what color my plants are when harvested, at least indoor, that the first kif i collect is the lightest "blondest" form, throughout the process more color is noticed, which i assume is some material coming through?

i have not done this enough to even consider it an experiment, but i know that i try to keep the trim, etc of one strain seperate and just run that trim to make my kif.

i have compared the first round of a couple, and again, the first round is usually the lightest, but i am noticing a difference in tone or hue, slight. usually some kif has more "gold" tints that I notice, which tend to be the runs where the plant was more mature, either by age or just trichome color, ie, more amber = more gold tints.

vs when a strain is more cloudy than amber, that kif dust is light as can be.

my general observations and hope to be blessed to keep exporing the world of kif and hash.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
That is not red leb, it was oily and dark, soft. Three tokes was the end of your day, I puked the first three times I smoked it, very intense. That was 30 years ago.
H

zdb

no offense, but generally that's not a good sign... the best hash is usually very maluable...

Depends on the size of the block you are dealing with! Once its broken into smaller bits leb is well easy to break apart and if its good you can even stick it back together as the high resin content allows this, unlike most moroccan pollen nowerdays. However, when in the 100g blocks (or kept and cut as thickly) it can be mighty tough to get open :)

Old Uncle Ben

lebanese hash is VERY rare nowadays... somewhere in the range of unlikely to impossible to get anymore.

most likely it's moroccan, as most moroccan is blond and morocco accounts for something like 75% of the world's hashish...

if the hash is good it doesn't really matter where it's from though, does it?

goingrey

The comment about Lebanese hash being very rare isn't really true anymore.

It returned with a vengeance, when the Syrian war started if this NPR article is to be believed.

While the Lebanese hash revival is good news on one hand, on the other it is also an important source of funding for Hezbollah, deemed a terrorist organization by some - and not by others. So consumers might want to consider which side of that fence they are on before making the purchase. Although, if the hash trade dries up, they'll just sell Captagon (amphetamine) instead.

Tangwena

Veteran
The comment about Lebanese hash being very rare isn't really true anymore.

It returned with a vengeance, when the Syrian war started if this NPR article is to be believed.

While the Lebanese hash revival is good news on one hand, on the other it is also an important source of funding for Hezbollah, deemed a terrorist organization by some - and not by others. So consumers might want to consider which side of that fence they are on before making the purchase. Although, if the hash trade dries up, they'll just sell Captagon (amphetamine) instead.

I bet I was smoking the last bricks made from the stuff left on the floor in the 70's ha ha.

I found this post by Dornfelder made a lot of sense in todays green unaged revolution ha ha.
Quote:
When I was much younger, I was fortunate to know Oltimer1. He taught me about hash making.
He had spent time in Lebanon and Morocco, and said that the good hash was made from 1 year old marijuana. If the weed was younger, then the resin (he called it skuff) would be further cured before making into hash. Then the made hash would be further cured for many months before selling. The purpose for this was to allow the volatile terpenes (which are harsh on the back of the throat) to break down into hashishene, to develop that unique chewy taste and the smooth warmth on the back of the throat, rather than being hot and rough on the back of the throat and having a pile of terpenes that act in contradiction to each other.

I always make my hash out of 2 year + old weed, and cure my hash for months thereafter.

I know there are a lot of people on this forum who think the only hash worth smoking is a fresh, high terpene hash. But for me, hash is cured. If it's not cured, it won't have hashishene in it and thus it's not hashish, it's just a terpene rich concentrate.

interesting that so many cultures for so many hundreds of years actively CHOSE to cure their resin rather than saying "quick! Make the hash out of the really fresh stuff so you keep all those volatile smells and tastes!" They weren't daft.

goingrey

I bet I was smoking the last bricks made from the stuff left on the floor in the 70's ha ha.

I found this post by Dornfelder made a lot of sense in todays green unaged revolution ha ha.
Quote:
When I was much younger, I was fortunate to know Oltimer1. He taught me about hash making.
He had spent time in Lebanon and Morocco, and said that the good hash was made from 1 year old marijuana. If the weed was younger, then the resin (he called it skuff) would be further cured before making into hash. Then the made hash would be further cured for many months before selling. The purpose for this was to allow the volatile terpenes (which are harsh on the back of the throat) to break down into hashishene, to develop that unique chewy taste and the smooth warmth on the back of the throat, rather than being hot and rough on the back of the throat and having a pile of terpenes that act in contradiction to each other.

I always make my hash out of 2 year + old weed, and cure my hash for months thereafter.

I know there are a lot of people on this forum who think the only hash worth smoking is a fresh, high terpene hash. But for me, hash is cured. If it's not cured, it won't have hashishene in it and thus it's not hashish, it's just a terpene rich concentrate.

interesting that so many cultures for so many hundreds of years actively CHOSE to cure their resin rather than saying "quick! Make the hash out of the really fresh stuff so you keep all those volatile smells and tastes!" They weren't daft.
1 year old marijuana.. maybe they were just a bunch stoners who didn't "get around" to sieving the buds until they needed to because the next crop was coming in hehe. Surely how it was discovered, at least.

Old Uncle Ben

Degradation of the Goodies, THC d9 and 8, is gonna be high with exposure to air and high temps found in these regions. Summers are very hot.

Latest posts

Latest posts