What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

leaves curling up? why

keifsweat

Heat never gets over 78 when lights on and never lower than 625 on a very cold day
Using ewc so thats good.
u say soil is hot. Please define..Im pretty sure my base medium is sterile/non-nutritional.. no npk value
Can my tea still make it hot

You are burning your plants. You can see this on the tips. Excessive nitrogen is causing the leaves to curl down and most likely locking out the magnesium which is my guess as to why you have an MG deficiency as well.

The sides of your leaves are turning upwards and the ripple like effect throughout can be nutes, but most likely is a heat issue. What are your day and night temperatures?

I also see you not using any sort of organic humic/vermicompost content which is causing a whole host of problems because your pH is out of control (which also might be the ripple/wave effect of the leaves if your temperatures turn out to be suitable for MJ). You have nothing promoting CEC (cation exchange capacity). Teas typically have a pretty high pH after brewing but this is not a problem in organics when you have a proper humic/vermicompost content I.E. earthworm casting, compost, et cetera.

peruvian searbird guano/kelp meal tea

Guanos can and will burn your plants. These are quickly absorbed just like bottled nutes. I'd get more technical, but you need a basic organic education at this point. So, I would love to point you to these three threads that contain a massive amount of easily understood and solid information:

Organics for beginners:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=53792

Tea Article:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=110620

Recycling organic soil:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=241964

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
could also be from to much airflow across the canopy....Its not easy pinning it down to 1 thing. There just to much info I dont know about your grow.. Still think something is to hot.

could also be from to much airflow across the canopy....Its not easy pinning it down to 1 thing. There just to much info I dont know about your grow..

Yea, it is definitely not one thing. He has a host of maladies caused by several problems according to the answers given to some of the questions.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
ur tea will be hot if its not properly broken down. and adding it to a soil mix with nothing to buffer or break it down will cause it to become hot. Get a bottle of liquid karma an add it to ur tea mix. scratch a handful of ewc into each pot topsoil.

keifsweat

so what im gathering from reading all this. is the lime helps bring the soil up in ph. and the organic matter helps bring it down. please confirm if this is correct. but im told by reputable sources that the lime isnt available for 4-6 mos. so why use for a 3 month grow?

MIway

Veteran
Super finely ground lime should be available rather quickly...

But any lime will immediately begin to raise the pH within the soil, altering what nutes are available or not.

Did you measure the pH at run off? Just to get an idea of what the medium is doing...

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
ya need to pop into the organic threads an ask these questions to get it from the pros....i know they can steer ya in the right direction.

keifsweat

Never really figured out what exactly my issue is due to alot of mistakes. But my new round is alot healthier. Following the LC mix #1 and guano tea regimin. As for the others Im gonna drag those yellow girls across the finish line if i have to.