What's new

LEAVES CUPPING UPWARDS

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Looking at the entire plant makes me think of a pH issue. Most likely too acidic. I would guess that it comes from overly high amounts of some amendment. What amendments did you add and how much? What is your base/starting soil like? Did you say you feed every two days? If your soil is already heavily amended, then watering with fertilizer solutions are likely to speed up any problems.

How did you grow this cultivar out before? same conditions?

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
A humidifier from a Pharmacy or a local hardware store for about $20 works fine
Or try and mist as often you can.. keep soil more moist

mozartt3a

Looking at the entire plant makes me think of a pH issue. Most likely too acidic. I would guess that it comes from overly high amounts of some amendment. What amendments did you add and how much? What is your base/starting soil like? Did you say you feed every two days? If your soil is already heavily amended, then watering with fertilizer solutions are likely to speed up any problems.

How did you grow this cultivar out before? same conditions?

that is definitely a possbility the ph, i used Microbe Catalyst, Alfalfa Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Organic Crustacean Meal, Organic Kelp Meal, Organic Fish Meal, Glacial Rock Dust, Soft Rock Phosphate, Oyster Shell Flour, Neem Cake and Karanja Cake, Gypsum, Natural Calcite, Mycorrhiza, and Beneficial Microbes.

basically a little bit of every amendment and mixed it with promix, perlite and coco fiber.

i meant that i water every two days but its just drinking water from the 5 gallon jugs. i have grown this specific strain twice before but using a much lighter nutrient regimen(promix, perlite, earthworm castings, kelp, aloe, coconut water)

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
that is definitely a possbility the ph, i used Microbe Catalyst, Alfalfa Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Organic Crustacean Meal, Organic Kelp Meal, Organic Fish Meal, Glacial Rock Dust, Soft Rock Phosphate, Oyster Shell Flour, Neem Cake and Karanja Cake, Gypsum, Natural Calcite, Mycorrhiza, and Beneficial Microbes.

basically a little bit of every amendment and mixed it with promix, perlite and coco fiber.

i meant that i water every two days but its just drinking water from the 5 gallon jugs. i have grown this specific strain twice before but using a much lighter nutrient regimen(promix, perlite, earthworm castings, kelp, aloe, coconut water)

Did you moisten this mix and let it age for a while before you put your plants in it? The soil is likely too "hot" and that is why you are experiencing that leaf cupping. At least that is my impression.
You kind of answered your own question

"i have grown this specific strain twice before but using a much lighter nutrient regimen" ;)

it is great to see you using organic ingredients. That's a good :)

OrganicMechanik

i wouldnt run out and throw money at a humidifer , sounds like the sativas are just a little bit more sensitive to all those goodys you got in that kick ass soil mix!

Scrappy4

Veteran

You did not post amounts' but your mix may be a bit hot for some plants. Alfalfa meal in particular can heat up soil mixes, if it clumps and gets wet, it generates heat. Too hot of room temps can curls plant leaves as well.

And a lot of so called ph problems are from over watering. Not saying that is what's going on, I'm just saying.

mozartt3a

Did you moisten this mix and let it age for a while before you put your plants in it? The soil is likely too "hot" and that is why you are experiencing that leaf cupping. At least that is my impression.
You kind of answered your own question

"i have grown this specific strain twice before but using a much lighter nutrient regimen" ;)

it is great to see you using organic ingredients. That's a good :)

yeah i moistened the mix, and let it sit for about 12 days to heat and break down while i stirred it once a day. after it cooled to regular temp i transplanted them in. i do believe that the sativas are possibly a little sensitive to the nutes that are in it. this mix I'm using now is very different then before, i had problems before with missing nutrients so this time i was sure to mix up with a good combo of everything.

mozartt3a

You did not post amounts' but your mix may be a bit hot for some plants. Alfalfa meal in particular can heat up soil mixes, if it clumps and gets wet, it generates heat. Too hot of room temps can curls plant leaves as well.

And a lot of so called ph problems are from over watering. Not saying that is what's going on, I'm just saying.

i didn't post the amounts because i followed a regimen i found on here but right after i made the mix i lost the page. i have been looking for it since and if i find it i will post back here. i guess the best thing to do would be to wait and see how it all plays out

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
Hey organic peoples,

just having a little cupping on my leaves with my all organic grow. 7 gallon buckets, soil was amended with several different dry amendments. 400w light with about 20-25C night-day. these are clones on the 3 week of vegging. Just was wondering what everybody thought about this and why it is doing it. finally some solutions would be much appreciated. thanks for helping out, everyday learning![URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=59226&pictureid=1387781&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=59226&pictureid=1387780&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=59226&pictureid=1387779&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Mag deficiency coming on fast. i would check my pH. you might be feeding too much N.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran

sorry bruh but that's not what is meant by "hot soil" just means there's too much food for the plant to get rid of between waterings. it's Hot like a nuclear reactor leak is hot. as in "too much" not as in heat.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Slurry test, either with distilled or RO. Mix equal volume of soil to water, stir a few times over 30-60 minutes then test. I haven't noticed a difference with a glass probe whether filtering or not.

Unclecrash

Im going to be getting me one soon. Just from wetting my room down and getting the humidity from 40% to 50 % I see huge swell in the buds in just a few day's. Check outa thread by DJM think it's called TREE's or growing tree's in the coco forum. He talks about VPD and getting your humidity up.

Scrappy4

Veteran
i didn't post the amounts because i followed a regimen i found on here but right after i made the mix i lost the page. i have been looking for it since and if i find it i will post back here. i guess the best thing to do would be to wait and see how it all plays out

I think wait and see, feeding just water, is a valid path.

I may not have been clear in my previous post but I meant heat both as physical temperature and as in too much nutrients, too fast. But anytime fertilizers generate physical heat you can rest assured nutrients are being released too fast as well. But I should have been more clear.

mozartt3a

Slurry test, either with distilled or RO. Mix equal volume of soil to water, stir a few times over 30-60 minutes then test. I haven't noticed a difference with a glass probe whether filtering or not.

awesome, thanks a lot i will try the test out tonight. what range should the numbers read at for this type of grow?