What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Least Algae Nutrient

Dkgrower

Veteran
Hey Weed i am glad you are getting the predicted results.

You dont want chunks in your bottels, most trace elements fit into many mineral structures and hence will fall out of solution when you have percipitation due to fertiliser is to concentrated and you have complex reactions going on in there locking up stuff..

With the Jack's virtually no algae after 4 weeks

Attachments

• Flood Table.JPG
    Flood Table.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 10

Dkgrower

Veteran
Hey WK, glad to see you back and you had results you favor.

The jacks are all nitrate and dont contain any ammonia n urea types of nitrogen and those last types of nitrogen has to go through a bacterial cycle to be ready for the plants..

did you monitor your medium pH during the periode using jacks, the reason i ask is because nitrates when used by the plant raise the pH and if you have hard to semi hard water you can raise the medium pH to high and dont have optimal nutrient uptake.

It did work well, the pH did have a slow upward drift, had to hit it with down about once a week.

I did not check the pH of the leca, not sure how you would do that, maybe something similar to a slurry test?

Plants all looked happy

growshopfrank

Veteran
WK if you came into my joint with this problem my first advise would be to adjust the table with a slight grade so it can drain to dry. js.

Dkgrower

Veteran
It did work well, the pH did have a slow upward drift, had to hit it with down about once a week.

I did not check the pH of the leca, not sure how you would do that, maybe something similar to a slurry test?

Plants all looked happy

Super dupa...if the plants look happy nothing to worrie about, the only issue you have to keep in mind is the pH raise, since it can lock out micro nutrients if it comes to close to 7.

Rock on..

Latest posts

Latest posts