What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Learning Dutch

Here's why learning Dutch might be a good idea even though 'everyone speaks English in Holland'.

I was working at a restaurant in A'dam and even though all the employees could speak english and most of the customers were english also, once the employees had some free time or after work, they would all speak Dutch to each other, leaving me out of the loop. Same thing applied sometimes to my 3 Dutch roommates.
The english thing is really for the tourists, unless you just hang out with English people all the time you will feel the need to learn the language sooner or later.

G

i have a couple friends from the netherlands and they told me that there was no point in learning dutch bc ealmost everyone there speaks english except for some random old people :wave: hope i am accurate and hopeful

Latest posts

Latest posts