What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Learning Dutch

Queso

as the title says.. i am interested in learning dutch... does anyone know any good programs or websites so i can get started...

i was also looking online for a school that teaches dutch in the toronto area (ontario, canada) but could only find german courses that seemed to be good.

so i guess i have another question.. is learning german similar to dutch.. so lets say i learned german, would it be very easy for me to learn dutch? or more confusing?

Thanks

G

when i worked in holland i asked if it was possible for me to learn dutch ,i was told to learn spanish instead

No use in learnin german to learn dutch, but I wouldn't learn dutch either, not very usefull and pretty horrible language(as a dutch speeking guy), spanish is muuuch nicer.. I think its pretty hard to learn too, very different from english...
Good luck

G

I've been learning to speak Dutch. I started off trying to use books and CD's, but it just wasn't sitting with me. Now I use Rosetta Stone. It's really the way to go. It's basically a foreign language course minus the teacher.

Ive been living in the netherlands for about 4 years now and I would have to say rosseta stone helped me learn dutch really fast. but it helps living here to.

G

i just downloaded rosetta dutch for free anyone want the link just pm me

Murphle

I highly recommend Rosetta stone also. I'm now speaking Spanish and Arabic sorta fluently. If you look around you can find it for free on places like ISO hunt or oink. If not it's like $239 usd. Good luck, and it's kinda fun to learn a new language.

G

the link

the link

the link is a torrent so save me pming
,goto http://www.torrentspy.com/

search for rosettastone/dutch (or watever language u want)

theres 1 result for dutch ,,you will need azerus or a silmiliar download manager ,there is ahelp forum if u get stuck

happy learning

G

the torrents going super quick at the moment ,,,

by the time we all meet up again we should be speaking dutch :headbange ,
we'll be able to understand what Moppels saying about our weed lol

milehigh

Harder then you think

Harder then you think

I have lived in Holland with my Dutch girlfriend for almost a year. I have Rosetta Stone. Learning Nederlands is much more difficult then I ever imagined. I don't think anyone will learn it without being immersed daily. And since most Nederlanders speak good english that is a formidable task. I have finally resigned myself to classes at Volk Uni starting in Sept. I will learn it even if it kills me, and it may. Jou Begrijp?

mh

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
A friend of mine is just taking a crash course in Nijmegen cause she's starting university there, she says that it's real hard so far. Reading and writing are ok, but once the dutch get up to speed.... :biglaugh:

G

hazyfontazy said:
the torrents going super quick at the moment ,,,

by the time we all meet up again we should be speaking dutch :headbange ,
we'll be able to understand what Moppels saying about our weed lol

Thanks for supplying this link. I downloaded it and the Rosetta Stone program opens but there are no lessons on the side bar and it says this error message "No language data found. Click the search button to try again."

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks! :rasta:

THC4SIM

jjaj2022 said:
"No language data found.
Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks! :rasta:

If there are any problems with the rosetta stone setup,
read through the different ways people have got it working,
in the comments section below where the download link is,
im currently downloading the 27 language mega pack (7.9gb), i think ill probably give the spanish a go,
ive been told Dutch is one of the hardest european language's to learn..

G

THC4SIM said:
If there are any problems with the rosetta stone setup,
read through the different ways people have got it working,
in the comments section below where the download link is,
im currently downloading the 27 language mega pack (7.9gb), i think ill probably give the spanish a go,
ive been told Dutch is one of the hardest european language's to learn..

Right on! I got it working now. Thanks! :joint:

G

Why learn Dutch? Almost everybody understands English around here and the language is hard, I prefer English myself and im Dutch (Frisian really but got raised bilingual)...best way would be scoring a Dutch partner and get that intercultural thing going...& there's more to Dutch then the language; learn how to calculate everything is a big part of it also.. lol

Goodluck whatever route u may take!

Latest posts

Latest posts