What's new

Leafs being chewed up but no signs of pests. Plus droopy leafs + rams horn! GOOD PICS

#1) I really don't know, but in my experience plants starting to flower or are in flowering that get stressed heavily (such as root rot) tend to do very poorly (decreased yield).

#2) For a 6-8" plant I wouldn't use more then 300-400ppm of anything (lucas/3part/straight gro). Really what you are looking for is a nice green healthy looking plant. You don't necessarily have to keep pushing your plants nutes till you see burnt tips, especially in veg. See what it takes to keep it healthy looking and keep it at that. Flowering is a lil different and there are different nute strategies to obtain the max yield.

Also I have to PH down a lot it seems, like daily basically. Ive been told PH up feed up. Maybe the nutes are stressing the plants, which allows bacterial infections which screws with the PH?

Yeh, I hear that too, but I tend to go with what I know and see more than I do with what I read off this site. Your pH is going to fluctuate a lot especially if your using a small reservoirs and when your plants eat/drink things are going to be altered.

Also my tap starts at 150ppm and I quote final ppm #s, when people quote ppm#s do they normally use distilled water or subtract off their starting ppm?

Both I presume. I would suggest not going over 400ppm of your mixed nutes/water with a 6-8" plant.

mellomel

BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!
ICMag Donor
I am so sorry that this is happening to you.Are they completely f!@#ed? Effin sucks. I really wish you all the luck from now on. And I will be keeping a closer eye on ours now, especially with the same white dots. But our roots seem to be fine (touch wood for luck). Hold your head high and I really hope a miracle happens.
All the best. MM

L

lysol

Ight, yeah I was told a few weeks ago in another thread I was feeding low with 500ppm, I was reading and someone said DWC is less forgiving with ppms, and I tend to forget most people are running ebb and flow and such on here. I just read somewhere 650 ppm should be like the max ppm for DWC, does that sound about right? So work my way up to like 700ppm over an 8 week period?

I think the root rot got pimp smacked, been changing the water the roots are turning whiter and whiter and are growing back pretty quickly, theres only a few spots of brown. I think it is the organics, too much of them, too many PH swings.... dunno

One plant I grew in the past only had like 4 leafs and water overwatered the whole time and I still got a half oz so Imma still be optimistic here. I think when I blasted the roots with warm water it worked wonders, also the tap water dip changing every few hours is removing a lot of floating CRUD from the rez. Let me take a pic of what the CRUD looks like ( going to edit my post from the laptop )

Edit: there we go. That is in the rez when the slime comes. When I blasted the roots I looked down at my feet and the runoff in my bathtub looked exactly the same as this nute solution from the other week. So far the only thing I know is big bloom is present when that crap comes, I get lots of solids collecting on the bottom too

Attachments

• 100_1278.jpg
    100_1278.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 5
L

lysol

According to shaunmulok & mellomel, this is a cal / mag issue that affects cell division. Some of my fan's fingers even cut themself str8 in half so the leaf tip fell off, so I guess this means the plant can literally tear itself under stressed growth

Latest posts

Latest posts