What's new

Leaf tips curling down.

M.R.GT

Veteran
HL is spot on. So long as it doesn't burn your hand. To close and you will run into some light bleaching so don't freak out. Are you going back to the 600 hps for flower??? If so your probably going to need that 12" to 18" with out an air cooled hood. The only sure way to tell is after you flip.

Don't wait to long to flip. If its Sat dom strain it will go freaking crazy the 1st 30 days of 12/12. If you haven't seen a sativa stretch then your in for a surprise.:biggrin:

just remember for the first 2 weeks of 12/12 to continue your veg nutes. Start working your E.C. up in those 2 weeks near your final EC. Stating the 3rd week 12/12 you should be near the top of your feed schedule with bloom nutes. Maintain your basics and you will be good. Watch for plant stress as you bring nutes up. expect some leaf flip but if the tips start curling under and burning off lower your feed schedule.

That's about it brother.

I think your well on your way to a nice harvest!!:tiphat:

Holler if ya need anything .

Peace
GT

pebbles

Thanks guys

yes GT i will be reverting back to the 600w bulb hps again,i have a super lumen setting on the digital ballast to but i'm yet to read if this is worth using so will probably leave on the 600w setting.
I'm expecting the temp to rise with the HPS so feel i will probably need to raise it to 12-18" but time will tell now i have the controller set up hopefully this helps.
I have the controller keeping the temp at 24.6 in the shade and 25 in the canopy,it is staying there lights on too so hopefully this continues into flowering.
I am worried about the stretch but as it stands they are less than 12" i have probably 4-5' to play with,any more hight than that i can see me having to bend.Problem is the wilma and the big pots take up quite a bit of height to start with but i've a little to play with.The guy i got them from says he veg's until they are about a 1'-1 1/2' then flips and they normally end up about 5' but he runs smaller pots than what i'm attempting for my first time,no idea if this will factor into the end height,hoping it doesn't to be honest.
Most definitely hear you on the nute levels,i changed the feed this weekend just gone and pushed the ec up to 1 and am having no ill effects.i have one of them growing slower than the rest but i'm sure it's because i had my oscillator fan too close so i have raised that and am now seeing some good results with new growth.
I have all 4 tied down and will be tying some more branches down tonight to carry on my first attempt at lst.The top growth on 3 of the four has gone a darker green,i have read this can be due to it not receiving as much light which must mean i have tied it down low enough.Either way the growth beneath it has gone wild with branches shooting up everywhere so fingers crossed i'm doing it right.
When do you think i should stand them back up before i flower?i was going to stand them up friday ready for the weekend,in reality i'd love to tie them down for as long as possible because i'm quite enjoying the learning aspect of training.
I'm not going to supergrop yet,i'm planing that on my next grow.It might sound a bit mental but i've been practicing on plants when i walk my dog loooool,people must think i a bit mental but so far i haven't managed to bend without splitting the outside of a plant so i don't think i'm ready to unleash that on them just yet.I have read you can supercrop in flower if height is becoming an issue but also have seen it advised against because of possibly slowing the grow down.Any advice on how to tackle height if it does become a problem guys from you experience would be much appreciated.

M.R.GT

Veteran
Don't be afraid to snap those bad girls over. Your probably going to have to. With out any pics its really hard to understand what you have going on. I tie mine down and leave them pretty much the entire grow. Snapping and bending limbs to fill in the canopy.

Just go with what ya know and Im sure you will do fine.

Peace
GT

pebbles

Don't be afraid to snap those bad girls over. Your probably going to have to. With out any pics its really hard to understand what you have going on. I tie mine down and leave them pretty much the entire grow. Snapping and bending limbs to fill in the canopy.

Just go with what ya know and Im sure you will do fine.

Peace
GT

I'll get you some pics tonight,stood them up early and they where a bit sorry for themselves so hopefully they will be up tonight then i'll get your thoughts please if thats ok.

Highlander i believe you said you use the wilma system or have used it.Can you enlighten me a bit on your feed schedule,currently i'm feeding for 15 minutes every 3 hours when lights are on.I don't feed at all when lights go off,will this still be a good enough feed schedule to stick to once i flip??
Also i'm using the canna aqua range and will be adding boost and pk should i stick to the feeding amounts that the canna calculator advises or have you a better way of feeding additives along with the base nutes?

I'm all ears for suggestions,as it stands i'm just going to stick to the levels the calculator says but if anyone has a better way of approaching it i'm willing to try suggestions.:biggrin:

pebbles

It's a 9-10 week flower so i'm thinking week 6 for pk then flush at week 7.
Any tips or pointers to reading of best signs for flushing would be greatly appreciated.
I'm willing to read what ever decent journals that are packed with info if people will point me in the right direction.
Going to mod wilma and change to dwc set up with next grow from a thread i read on here and also do my first scrogg,as long as i'm keeping me and the mrs with some decent burn for months on end job done haha

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
You and the mrs will have more than anuff,,,bit like me all I need is anuff to feed me and the wife...she does nothing but trim=happy me:woohoo:...I hope you other half is pulling her weight and trimming lol joking bro....
I just use ph water to flush for the last to weeks..works for me...I would not wast cash on those flush nutes ..I see it as fake shit,,it's nothing but ph water again it woks for me lol

Have fun bro

Keep it green
Highlander

pebbles

Cheers guys,got some mmmmmaaaaaadddddd stretch going on,end of the first week and they are like bushes now lol
Still got wiggle room on the light and they are probably going up 1-2" a day so i think some bending will be needed.
Got the temps under control,may have to run bulb on the 400 dimple setting for first few hours of light on until it cools a little but raise it to 600 few hours later.In the morning its running at 25-26 degrees and the girls are loving it so yeah all good.
Ec i jumped up to 2 and have no signs of cute burn or anything bad.Feeding veg nutes for one more week and then flipping to flower nutes,also going to start feeding shogun silicon tomorrow as i've read no end of pro's on feeding for strength and general health of the girls so i'm learning as i'm going but really enjoying it.
Here's to not getting ripped of by kids selling shit deals for a while :)
Also Highlander the mrs has been helping but in reality it's my project sooooooooo she's kept away lol It's mine and the girls time,the wife is not invited:dance013:

pebbles

Just out of interest most definitely thinking air cooled hood in the future.Is 1000w in a 4x4 tent overkill or a good investment.
Was thinking blockbuster or the magnum xxxl,any opinions guys.Been reading a lot and so many mixed opinions on it some say its worth it some say its not.
Also if you did run a 1000w air cooled hood would you go 8" or 6" ,i've read you need around 200cfm to cool a 1000w light so imo a 6" should surely be enough shouldn't it for one 1000w light.
Opinions guys please would be appreciated,sort of for a future plan not now.In my near future is a veg tent to start seedlings and maybe keep a mother or two :)

pebbles

Sorry for rambling but so much reading has taken place over the last few days on planning for the future i keep remembering things to ask.
Anyway going on the right footprint size of 50w per square foot i make a 4x4 area needing just under 800w for optimal lighting if my maths is correct so this is why i am thinking about running a 1000w.
Also i was looking at possibly paring two 400w bulbs,one hps and one mh after being told that mixing light is one of the best approaches to optimal lighting.I have found an air cooled hood that can run duel bulbs so what would be your opinions?This are my three choices-
Stay with 600watt,run air cooled in summer and parabolic in winter.
Run two 400watt bulbs in air cooled hood hps and mh in the same hood.
Move to 6-8" air cooled hood with 1000w bulb and dimmable ballast-this would give me the option of running at 750w which would also put me around the 50w per square foot.
Sorry for waffling but you two have been brilliant so far so your opinions will be noted and listened too.

M.R.GT

Veteran
Hey pebbles.

Sounds like you have got it going in your direction!!:tiphat:

Be prepared for them to continue stretch for the first 30 days in flower. I don't think you will see them slow down from that 1" a day growth until then. So start bending and stretching them early to keep everything in your foot print.

An air-cooled hood will definitely help with the heat issues. 1000 watts is fine for a 4 x 4 if you can control the heat. I run 2 1000 watters in the magnum xxxl 6" hoods over a 4 x 8 with great success. Don't get to rapped around that optimum light thing. I have never seen anyone have to much light as long as there spacing was correct. Worst case you will have some bleaching on flowers that are to close to the light. Run the 600 straight out and see how your buds turn out. If they are tight and your happy with the quality. I wouldn't even bother with a new light until your ready to upgrade your whole grow op.

Im happy that it all has come together for you!! You will spend the next couple of years tweaking your setup and getting it just right.

The biggest thing is your GROWING !!!! No more shady deals from rip off artist. Honestly most could not afford to buy the quality of bud that you will produce on a regular basis.

If your enjoying it now just wait it only gets better!!:biggrin:

Peace
GT

pebbles

Hey pebbles.

Sounds like you have got it going in your direction!!:tiphat:

Be prepared for them to continue stretch for the first 30 days in flower. I don't think you will see them slow down from that 1" a day growth until then. So start bending and stretching them early to keep everything in your foot print.

An air-cooled hood will definitely help with the heat issues. 1000 watts is fine for a 4 x 4 if you can control the heat. I run 2 1000 watters in the magnum xxxl 6" hoods over a 4 x 8 with great success. Don't get to rapped around that optimum light thing. I have never seen anyone have to much light as long as there spacing was correct. Worst case you will have some bleaching on flowers that are to close to the light. Run the 600 straight out and see how your buds turn out. If they are tight and your happy with the quality. I wouldn't even bother with a new light until your ready to upgrade your whole grow op.

Im happy that it all has come together for you!! You will spend the next couple of years tweaking your setup and getting it just right.

The biggest thing is your GROWING !!!! No more shady deals from rip off artist. Honestly most could not afford to buy the quality of bud that you will produce on a regular basis.

If your enjoying it now just wait it only gets better!!:biggrin:

Peace
GT

Thanks GT

I have tied the tallest branches down,i drilled some small holes in the side of the pot and have pulled them down below the next shortest branches is that sort of the right thing to do?

M.R.GT

Veteran
Thanks GT

I have tied the tallest branches down,i drilled some small holes in the side of the pot and have pulled them down below the next shortest branches is that sort of the right thing to do?

Yep that sounds about right!! Just keep on keeping on!!:tiphat:

pebbles

well second week of flower,been listing like a motherfucker and now i have a 1.2 mtr square jungle growing with an even canopy
:biggrin:

pebbles

Heres the finished product,my first grow and post dry but pre cure weighing in at 767 grammes from a 600watt light and with 4 plants.
To say i'm happy would be an understatement,me and the wife be smoking for months to come.
Not sure how much weight i will lose over the cure but if i hit 1 gramme per watt for my first grow i think i was born to do this shit.
All i can say i have learned a fuck ton from reading this forum and made mistakes along the way.Burned em a little and also had a tiny bit of bud rot but all in all i'm hooked,it is a very rewarding path to take and not just because of the end product just more the journey you take watching and nurturing.
No more shody teenagers selling us leaf woooooooooooooop
Also scissor hash should come with a warning,that shit is like rocket fuel.
Thanks again guys for the input without your help i think i would have dropped at the first hurdle so much love