What's new

Leaf septoria or nutrient deficiency

Gratefulcasey97

Hey everyone I have one mother plant and three clones of a platinum huckleberry cookies plant I've been growing. The leaves on the mother plant started to turn yellow at the bottom then getting little brown spots so I figured it was hungry. After I increased the feeding I noticed the 3 smaller clones were starting the same thing but the leaves looked kinda different. I don't know if it's just nutrients or leaf septoria any help is appreciated

Attachments

• photo2054122.jpg
    photo2054122.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 36
  • photo2054123.jpg
    photo2054123.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 36
  • photo2054124.jpg
    photo2054124.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 45

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The first step to effectively dealing with leaf septoria is removing infected leaves and improving air circulation in the grow area. Avoid excess moisture as much as possible and never wet the leaves. Remove any weeds or debris or anything that will hold water on top of the soil. Remember that leaf septoria naturally strikes in hot, wet conditions. If you’re dealing with an infection, try driving down the humidity and temperature levels in your grow space. Good luck😎

dlxtpnuo

If this was a fungus your plants would be covered in it. This is localised, so just a little yellowing.

filedata/fetch?id=17875691&d=1623288021

Yellowing is due to too many nutes, or from the warm environment indoors! Rockwool is renowned for this, and must be regularly flooded and drained, probably at least twice a day. They get worn out and mushy in no time causing the worst cases of yellowing.

Rinse the affected pots well, daily, and after about 10 days you will see new green growth.

If you add chemicals, or seaweed to compost, this creates a brewing problem. It's a bit like PUTTING SUGAR IN HOME BREW BEER. The resulting mixture of COMPOST FIZZES UP WITH YEAST ACTIVITY, especially indoors at room temperature.

Wash your pots out well and water well every day to see the problem go away.
Use good quality peat or pure-peat for greener plants.

Controlling water is not possible in this situation. Because you have too many nutes, or composting going on; you've got to wash your pots out every day!

If your using cheap multi-purpose compost, like Verve multi-purpose-compost, this is too rich for cannabis, and you should change to a lower nutrient compost like peat, or even clay-pellets or gravel.

Westland seed & cutting peat is the top Seed & Cutting compost, most widely available. It has 20% nutrients already added. Drainage is very good. https://www.diy.com/departments/west...7859151_BQ.prd

https://www.diy.com/ideas-advice/compost-buying-guide/PROD_npcart_100687.art
Therefore, use this, and stop adding nutrients. This should dry out much better, without yellowing. However, pots must be kept cool, as outdoors, and not allowed to warm up to room temperature, which I expect you are doing. Warmth promotes artificial composting, which in turn, kills the plants!

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hey everyone I have one mother plant and three clones of a platinum huckleberry cookies plant I've been growing. The leaves on the mother plant started to turn yellow at the bottom then getting little brown spots so I figured it was hungry. After I increased the feeding I noticed the 3 smaller clones were starting the same thing but the leaves looked kinda different. I don't know if it's just nutrients or leaf septoria any help is appreciated
That looks like phosphorus deficiency or lockout during early flowering. The twisting leaves indicate there is some pH imbalance. P is locked at a low pH.