What's new

leaf curl issues with two strains

gh0stm0de

I was leaning toward P lockout. you gave them more P which would not fix the lockout.. they are certainly not deficient why not flush them a bit? you may be giving them too much of something and causing lockout, but since you didnt tell us what you're giving them and dont want to know "what to do" I dont really know how I could help you

hypersensitivity to fulvics? are you perhaps giving them multiple products that contain either fulvic and or humics?

Luxman

I was leaning toward P lockout. you gave them more P which would not fix the lockout.. they are certainly not deficient why not flush them a bit? you may be giving them too much of something and causing lockout, but since you didnt tell us what you're giving them and dont want to know "what to do" I dont really know how I could help you

hypersensitivity to fulvics? are you perhaps giving them multiple products that contain either fulvic and or humics?

I flushed it 2 weeks ago, and it has since gotten progressively worse. The added PK was a response to that bad reaction to the flush. That pissed it off too.

It does indeed still seem like a lock-out situation to me, but considering that I'm using organics (specifically molassis-based nutrients, which should theoretically work against lockout via cheleting), and since every other strain grown for 2 years (at least 20 of them so far) have never locked out or had any problems... it's a bit hard to see that as the primary issue here. But I may be wrong.

"but since you didnt tell us what you're giving them and dont want to know "what to do" I dont really know how I could help you"

I'm not asking 'what to do' because I'm specifically asking: what is this unusual reaction shown in the pictures? It seems fairly reasonable to hope for gaining a clue or two by showing a very clear picture of the specific problem, but... perhaps not. I can see how that not knowing what I'm feeding them would be frustrating from your perspective.

I have the fulvic/humic ratio down pat. I'm not overdoing it. These two strains might be hypersensitive, though. The bottom line here is this: ALL of my other plants/strains are in excellent health.

I'm not a novice, aside from this particular problem totally baffling me. As I have explained previously, I developed this formulation specifically so medical patients (or other clients) could grow entirely organically but wouldn't need to mess around with adjusting food and additives with various different strains. Trust me on this: that was not an easy task. It took one hell of a lot of trial and error - and it isn't exactly cheap - but the end result has been very worth it. It works every time. Insane resin, flavor, smell and good yields with incredible consistency, all in one easy to follow schedule. It was a labor of love.

But these two plants are the exceptions.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

Luxman

The easiest solution to this problem is to just not grow Afgooey or Godbud. But the mad scientist in me wants to know what the hell is happening here, you know?

I am now going to approach people who have grown these two types and see what they have experienced. Maybe that will give me more clues.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that was not enough. Flush flush flush. I check the runoff to make sure the PPM levels are low. then I can start using I mild nutrient solution @4-600ppm.. to late now..

gh0stm0de

lol afgooey is a massive yielder and easy to grow its such a played out noob strain that you cant get it off here. but go tell yourself what you want, you're a pro and know everything.

perhaps you'll publish a book containing your infinite knowledge, and help the rest of us incapable fucktards.

Luxman

lol afgooey is a massive yielder and easy to grow its such a played out noob strain that you cant get it off here. but go tell yourself what you want, you're a pro and know everything.

perhaps you'll publish a book containing your infinite knowledge, and help the rest of us incapable fucktards.

Wow, what a fucking douchebag.

Honestly, just how fucking stupid are you? I just told you that over 20 strains are in perfect health, and that this is a strain-specific problem. That means it only happens with two strains, every time I try them.

If your head wasn't focused upon just making this a dick-measuring contest you'd realize that this pretty much excludes lock-out as a problem. Sucks to have a fragile ego I guess. Good luck with that.

Luxman

Thanks anyway Hammerhead. Considering how early it is in the cycle and how easy I go on the nutes, and that it only happens with these two strains (but every time I try them), I'm leaning away from that being the problem.

Unless you have heard of certain strains actually causing a lock-out situation? That would be new to me.

M

Mtn Dew

My 15yrs exp says lack of micro nutrients . You need (Mg)" this is due to yellowing between veins of leaves .Thus along with PH issue that has made a (K) lock out "crazy curling upward" More inlikely from PH issue .Unless your soil or ferts lack (K) "K = potassium" .This last note is for noobs who dont know the periodic table lol. Bet u have PH issue causing lockouts.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
something to keep in mind some girls in the same strain can act up. I have had this happen. the only way to know if your to hot or allot of salts is to measure your runoff. It will tell you where your at +-100ppm...I have seen soil so hot the meter would go off scale..Lots of 4000ppm readings.. next time it wont hurt the plant flush her until the runoff is 1000 or less.

Good luck

Luxman

Thanks guys. I really do appreciate the input. I think the best approach to solving this will be to grow out several individual cuts and try try some variations to find a sweet spot that they like. I saw a couple references to Afgooey causing people similar problems, but not the Godbud. I'll post back here with the results. It will be a few months.

Luxman

Mountain Dew, soil ph tests at around 6.3. Liquids go in at 6.5. I add glacial rock dust to my soil mix and also there is some kelp in the overall formula, but maybe these want MORE. Or a huge Mg appetite maybe. I'll work that angle. Thanks again.