What's new

Leaf curl… Broad mites or some sort of root disease? It’s spreading across entire grow

spaceboy

Has anyone seen anything like this? The ph keeps going down no matter what we do. The roots look good too. Looks like broad mites but couldn’t see any with 100x scope. Wishing a few weeks I have 3 rooms doing this. Wondering if there could be a problem with our water but I have never seen anything like this in 12 years

Attachments

• 1C0DC51B-9C64-47B8-A8BE-786A0F6DFE50.jpeg
    1C0DC51B-9C64-47B8-A8BE-786A0F6DFE50.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 128
  • 539845A2-E2E2-4598-A535-85AE48887BE8.jpeg
    539845A2-E2E2-4598-A535-85AE48887BE8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 124
  • D68A8D64-3946-4704-8372-DE2CA99AAE58.jpeg
    D68A8D64-3946-4704-8372-DE2CA99AAE58.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 123

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I've seen it before. What kind of water are you using? How much cal-mag are you using? What kind and how much fertilizer? 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Sorry for the delay.
I saw this on a plant and was using 10 ml of cal-mag to 8 gallons of water. That's too much cal mag and may be causing the leaf distortion. Check your RO filter and make sure it still works well. IF the well water and cal mag total more Ec than needed you can have a problem. Always mix your cal mag and RO and let it dissolve well before adding nutrients. 😎

unnamedmike

Spaceboy, are your plants totally pest free ? The leaf twist look to me like there is something in the roots
There is no too much calmag if the plants need it. Whats your well water EC ? Ph and EC of watering ?
My plants at 3.7ec, second week at 12/12, bloom npk + a ton of calmag till they stop stretching
IMG_20221003_165411.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Unnamemike thinks it may be in the roots so take the plant and gently flip it over and tap the plant out of the container and get a look at the roots. Look at a healthy plant and one with curls and see if they're is a problem with the roots. I didn't know you were growing in coco. Sorry, my bad. 😎

dramamine

Unnamemike thinks it may be in the roots so take the plant and gently flip it over and tap the plant out of the container and get a look at the roots. Look at a healthy plant and one with curls and see if they're is a problem with the roots. I didn't know you were growing in coco. Sorry, my bad. 😎
He said the roots look good.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Ok, then I go back to my original post. When I had that problem it was an imbalance of nutrients causing the curl. I only had it on one plant and lowered the cal mag and it stopped. However, I don't really know for sure what caused it, I just assumed it was from excess cal-mag. 😎

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Get a USB microscope to check bottom of bad leaves. Wasted to full grows from mites which can get in on flies.

spaceboy

Get a USB microscope to check bottom of bad leaves. Wasted to full grows from mites which can get in on flies.
What kinda mites u thinking? Broad mites? There’s definitely not russets. I’m still having this issue on and off. It seems like it’s going away and then comes back. The closer they get to the light the worse they show the symptoms. I’m wondering if I’m getting some bad batches of dr zymes or something.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I have had broad and recently neem resistant 2 spot spider mites. You really need USB microscope to identify. This is how small they are. The round things are eggs. Clear are new and yellowish are nearing hatching. Can help you get rid of them, but you have to determine if bugs which ones, or is it disease or other issue.

chewdawg#4a.jpg

chewdawg#4b.jpg

spaceboy

There’s definitely no spider mites on them. I checked them with a usb for broad but I couldn’t find any. They’ve been doing this for about 3 rounds but once I put them into flower they bounce right out of it. Some weird stuff that I’ve never seen. I am leaning towards some bad batches of dr zymes

Loc Dog

Veteran
There’s definitely no spider mites on them. I checked them with a usb for broad but I couldn’t find any. They’ve been doing this for about 3 rounds but once I put them into flower they bounce right out of it. Some weird stuff that I’ve never seen. I am leaning towards some bad batches of dr zymes
When I had broad mites in veg the plants were practically dead early on. Fought for awhile, then was sent a new cut and scrapped the grow. Moved to another room and fresh tent after hearing nightmare stories. Good luck.

spaceboy

No broad mites either. I’m getting through harvest ok for the most part, plants are at about 70-80% health but veg is highly affected. Plants in veg are severely light sensitive and droop/claw at the tops while some show the curl down n the pics above. It’s definitely not my nutrients or feeding. We are using well water through and a pre evolution and evolution ro system. Plants were doing fine until one day we noticed that curl on a few, no new plants had been brought in. Now it has overtaken every plant in my garden. Never seen anything like it in 12 years of growing.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Do you monitor runoff PPM and PH? Had problem of nutrient lockout from runoff being too low.

Latest posts

Latest posts