What's new

Lazyman's 16KW Headbanger

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
MM,
Thanks for such a detailed response my friend. I actually just saw it today. What EC do you run that Maxi Bloom powder at?

You know I have asked that question several times here and this is the most detailed response I have received to date.

Thanks for the details,

Sorry guys, it's been a crazy year. Been working on upgrades at the 9KW indoor, topdressing and maintaining the outdoor (chop starting in a week) and setting up another 8KW spot. Been trimming, transplanting, making lots oil, practing cloning 1K girls at a time, and now I have a house inspection in 10 days so I gotta clean it all up. Oh and getting a divorce, me and the missus didn't work out but things are smooth so far.

So on to your question:

Maxi Bloom I think is lacking really badly in N, so I tend to actually use Maxi Grow as the more substantial part of a mixture of the two powders.

Week 1-3 Straight MaxiBloom powder, feed until the lightest feeding strain on the barrel starts to show a tiny bit of tip burn or clawing, then reduce ppm's by 100-150 and maintain that level constantly til the end of week 3 flower. If you have a heavier feeding strain on the same barrel and it's not staying dark green, topdress those with 1-2 cups of EWC until they green up. This eases the shock of flower a bit (I think the 24-36 hrs of darkness trick is a great one for inducing flowering BTW)

Week 4-7 I start adding about 10% maxibloom powder per week, unless the plants start to yellow keep increasing the % Bloom powder. At weeks 3 and 6 I hit them all once with a fresh barrel of water and a good dose of GH MaxiBloom and Pure Flowers (phosphites) then proceed with the regular feeding. I try not to let a strain yellow until about 10 days before it's done, then cut off the Grow powder completely and a few days later start your flushing solution (I use AN Final Phase and GH Floranectar.) I let the barrel deplete so as it tops off constantly, the water gets closer and closer to 0 PPMs by the end of the week. Then chop!

Hope that helps, let me know if you want to know anything else.

louie

Lazyman! Nice to see you back bro! Sorry to hear about the misfortunes, but glad everything is well. Keep up the good work my man!

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
We still love ya Lazyman. :cathug: Wish you would make some more YouTube videos sometimes. Take care.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Hey LAzy, good to see everything is ok. I noticed you were not posting very often, and got a little worried considering you were going through the divorce and all.

happy your safe and happy, cant wait to see your next spot brother!

aod

maxmurder

Veteran
i've busted out "overkill is underrated" both times someone commented on my greenhouse pvc/trusses being 24" on center instead of 36 or 48"- they both laughed, almost as much as i did this morning when the pools collecting on homies gh ripped off the plastic he put up on 5 foot centers. hahahah.
thanks for the quote.
bummer about the split- that new 8 lighter - pay her off right? hahah. no it sucks buddy, been there, i found out i'm happier poor.
i hope it goes smoothly for you and you get a younger, happier and hotter old lady this time.:moon:
stay positive- enjoy a new flavor :pie:
max

Lazyman

Lazyman

Thanks for all the detail...on your grow.......love your veg room.

Sorry guys, it's been a crazy year. Been working on upgrades at the 9KW indoor, topdressing and maintaining the outdoor (chop starting in a week) and setting up another 8KW spot. Been trimming, transplanting, making lots oil, practing cloning 1K girls at a time, and now I have a house inspection in 10 days so I gotta clean it all up. Oh and getting a divorce, me and the missus didn't work out but things are smooth so far.

So on to your question:

Maxi Bloom I think is lacking really badly in N, so I tend to actually use Maxi Grow as the more substantial part of a mixture of the two powders.

Week 1-3 Straight MaxiBloom powder, feed until the lightest feeding strain on the barrel starts to show a tiny bit of tip burn or clawing, then reduce ppm's by 100-150 and maintain that level constantly til the end of week 3 flower. If you have a heavier feeding strain on the same barrel and it's not staying dark green, topdress those with 1-2 cups of EWC until they green up. This eases the shock of flower a bit (I think the 24-36 hrs of darkness trick is a great one for inducing flowering BTW)

Week 4-7 I start adding about 10% maxibloom powder per week, unless the plants start to yellow keep increasing the % Bloom powder. At weeks 3 and 6 I hit them all once with a fresh barrel of water and a good dose of GH MaxiBloom and Pure Flowers (phosphites) then proceed with the regular feeding. I try not to let a strain yellow until about 10 days before it's done, then cut off the Grow powder completely and a few days later start your flushing solution (I use AN Final Phase and GH Floranectar.) I let the barrel deplete so as it tops off constantly, the water gets closer and closer to 0 PPMs by the end of the week. Then chop!

Hope that helps, let me know if you want to know anything else.

zenoonez

Veteran
Just dropping in to say whats up man, sorry to hear about the ball and chain but its good that it is going okay. Peace brother.

AOD2012

Veteran
Also stopping by, hope everything in the personal life is going well.

aod

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hey all, its been ages, hoping to catch up here soon, but all is well with me, been workin hard. Outdoor finished at 68#. Indoor the basement is great, full of Deadhead OG and nothin else. The 9 kw indoor didnt work out, bit my 8kw is great, and I have a big tent for a veg so its at least perpetual too. Whew what a year! Next year should be simpler, will post tons of pics soon, miss you guys!

AOD2012

Veteran
OHHHHHHHH SHIT!!!!!!! Must have been a picnic trimming all of that!

Great to hear everything is ok LAzy, always get a little nervous when I dont see my buddies posting on here in a while.

Can't wait to see some of the insane pictures I know you have. Keep it green brother.

aod

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
glad you are well, and still lazy. sounds like you are killing it in and out.
can you share on the difference in quality between your 2 products?
do you feel the local market rewards you fairly based on the effort and risks involved
in the 2 types of growing?

S

swisscheese

Just read end to end thanks for the huge collection of knowledge and experience you put out here!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hey guys, one of those rare moments I'm at a computer (since I quit my day job last year) so I wanted to say howdy!

All is well, keeping super busy. basement is doing well, doing some expansion this month from 16kw in flower to 24 (3 crops of 8 lights, one every 3 weeks.) Veg went from 2KW to 4KW< now going to 8KW. Preveg has expanded as well, from one 8 bulb 4' T-5 to three.

Also set up an 8KW in my garage, and added another power line so I can run my 1500w Veg tent (5X10) inside it too. All blumats, doing 2g pots of soil now and 16 plants per light, under hoods.

Taking lots of clones, I built a new clone rack that holds 20 trays, and it's usually full.

Gear I'm running currently:

Girl Scout Cookies
Deadhead OG
Raskal OG
Larry OG
Skywalker OG

Other strains I am about to flower:

Fire OG
Tahoe OG
Kandy Kush (Arcata Trainwreck X SFV)
707Headband
Strawberry Cough

Still keeping clones of some of my old favorites:

SFV OG
Pineapple Thai (Pineapple Express)
Blackberry Cheese
Grape Stomper
East Coast Sour Diesel
Blue Dragon
Jackpot
Maui Wowie

I'm vegging girls in 1g pots now to save space, thgen transplanting into 2's at the flip (after taking clones/pruning) So currently at two harvests a month (4 from garage, 8 from basement) and about to add a second harvest out of the basement per month. 3 out of 4 weekends trimming! Whew. We can do about 6 pounds dry a day though with my current crew, so it goes fast.

How's ya'll doing? Busy watering outside this time of year I imagine. ;)

Hope you are all well and prospering, gonna go smoke some hexane oil, PEACE!