What's new

Lazyman's 16KW Headbanger

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I usually hang the bulbs so the middle is even with the top of the plants, but I found that just leaving my lights hung high up (in my room that's about 5 feet to the base of the bulb off the ground) and let them grow up into it, I've noticed no difference in growth or vigor doing this instead of raising the lights along the way. I keep the canopy about 12-16 inches from the bulbs, so leaves dont burn or bleach. I rotate my plants a couple times a week and rearrange them regularly to maintain the canopy. Lots of work but I think proper canopy management is one of the most effective tools to increase yields.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Lol yeah u guys gotta see the Purple Gorilla moms, massive colas at 4 weeks in.

Oh btw, last crop was 9.75#, still not epic but livable.

Im designing an 8kw tent grow at another spot, bare bulb stadium :) Stay tuned!

B

Bob Smith

Sick setup; only got through the first page because I'm strapped for time but I'm coming back to read the entire journal when I have some more time.

Love the craftsmanship.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Well i dont even own any hoods anymore, but Im thinking about doing ten 600's in flower and a qK plus a couple big T5's for veg. Doing separate Secret Jardin intense tents, one 8x16 and one 8x4, both just aircooled. would be nice to do hoods though, just for the ability to aircool them easily. But a few big centrifugal fans

louie

Lazyman I've got a question for you about odor control. What kind of carbon filter do you use? What do you think would be needed for 8K flowering with a somewhat stinky strain like williams wonder or ak47?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I use 4 12"x39" Phresh filters with a 12" vortex on each, 1 for every 3-4 lights is good, when it comes to CAN filters i recommend 50# of carbon per light, wotks out pretty well. Good luck!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
wow no clue how i missed this! great fuckin job *subscribed* :thank you:

Its all good man, welcome aboard!

Fuck its cold out, 33* and dropping. Temps in flower are down 15*, had to adjust the Sentinel.

False wall in the back of the basement has been replaced with a proper wall. now I want to rip it out and fill the dirt area with concrete and add 4 more lights to flower and 2 more to veg.

Took tons of pics after we cleaned up tonite, will post them as soon as I can. Thanks all!

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
Glad to hear things are moving right along Lazy. I've still got a couple of tweaks to catch up on, then next run, I plan on adding the additional 4k.

Gonna check out those tents you posted, as I'm gonna need a 6x10 soon. Screw all this construction, sealing light leaks, etc. Next time just want to pop it up and go.

~Peace

louie

I use 4 12"x39" Phresh filters with a 12" vortex on each, 1 for every 3-4 lights is good, when it comes to CAN filters i recommend 50# of carbon per light, wotks out pretty well. Good luck!

Wow, that is a lot of carbon. It is better to be safe than sorry though. I've just got to figure out how to carry those things. I was looking at the CAN 150s and they weight like 160 lbs a piece and are huge.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
lol sorry guys, been busy with the holidays, will be back this week and have lots of pics to post, sorry for the lag!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Ok folks, you've been patient and I finally had a moment to catch up. Kinda glad I don't have a harvest this month, there just isn't enough time anyway. I get two next month though, oh boy!

Just finished upgrading my steel 4' rack in my garage for clones, I added two more lights and shelves, and wrapped the whole thing in black/white poly. So now it will hold 12 trays of clones. i put a heater in the bottom of the rack, and made a roll up door on the front with two tarp zippers. I just need to put the heater on a thermostat so I can keep it zipped up. Got down to 40* in the garage last night.

Been making plans to set up a medium-sized tent grow in another garage, 10X600W lights in flower over 3X6 trays, coco in ebb and flood, air cooled hoods. That will be a 8X15 Secret Jarden Intense tent.

Veg will be 2X400w MH over a couple 3X3 trays in a linked SJ Intense 4X8 tent. Should be enough room to fit my clone rack in there, I hope! I will run ~50 plants a month through it all, so harvesting 5 X 600w lights a month and replanting 50. i can't wait!

Things at the basement are good, the lower ambient temps are nice. All is well, except I juut don't have enough veg room! I take WAY more clones than I ever need, as I have just too many moms and good strains to work with. I am probably gonna axe Blue Dragon pretty soon, it's pretty good smoke but not a good yielder.

So as of right now I'm still maintaining the following strains, but some I don't use for production, just headstash.

Production strains are:

Jackpot (the old standby)
Triple Platinum OG Kush (first tray just grew roots)
Purple Gorilla (you will see why in a sec)
G13XHaze (Moms are now 3' tall, taking a tray of cuts this weekend.)
Super Silver Haze (first tray has roots, running SOON!)
The Hog (Pure indica, have 5 moms getting big now, taking cuts soon)
Purple AK47 has been treating me well.
Maybe Blackberry cheese (I have a tray that just grew roots.)

Headstash strains are usually sativa dominant or just run too long for production:

Pure Thai (have a dozen clones and a huge mom)
Pineapple thai (I have one in flower, she's great, 1 mom in veg, and NO clones survived. Shit!) It DOES smell like pineapple!
Chocolope (two moms in veg, and I have half a tray of clones that survived.)
WOW is nice, but vegges too slow for commercial production. I will keep her as the raspberry scented buds are a crowd favorite
Maui Wowie, I have two moms in veg, gonna take a half tray of cuts here soon. I'm sure she will be too long to run for production.

Strains I still have but am done with running:
Grape Ape
Grape stomper
True Purple (Purple UrkleXGDP) Meh.
Blue Dragon (I have my first crop in flower right now, but after judging the flowered moms she's not that spectacular.)
Space Bomb, cures up very nicely but is just a very average plant. My last two are flowering right now.

Wheew, I think that's all of them!

So in flower side A (now at 6 weeks flower), I have one whole row of Grape stomper, with a couple Jackpot moms at the end.

Second row of side A is a mishmash, two WOW moms, two Purple Gorilla moms, two Space bomb moms, 1 blue dragon mom, 1 true purple mom, and a handful of Jackpots. Looks to be a solid run, hopefully in the 10# range again. Will the second row in 2 weeks, the grape stomper a week later.

Flower side B is now at 2 weeks flower, and is looking happy and healthy. Row 3 is half Purple AK47 and half Jackpot. Row 4 is half Blue Dragon and Half purple gorilla, with 3 WoW plants thrown in for good measure.

On with the pics!

Veg room after we pulled out the last crop, leaving roughly 30 production girls (of all strains) and 15-20 moms:

Same room two weeks later:

Here's the preveg room, a week after bringing in 8 trays of Jackpot clones and 2 trays of Blue Dragons:

And Preveg 2 weeks later:

Here's those G13XHaze moms I'm so excited about:

Row 4 at 1 week flower:

the three Wows in row 4:

the pineapple Thai mom in row 2 at week 5:

Row 2, Wow mom at week 5:

Blue Dragon mom at whttps://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=10350&pictureid=559203 eek 5:

Row 2 Space bomb mom2 at week 5:

Canopy shot of row 2 at week 5:

And the piece de resistance, Purple Gorilla mom#1 in row 3. i am guessing this to be a 1# plant:

PG mom # 2 in row 3 at week 5:

Whew, I think that's it for now, there are more pics in my album if desired. Hope you're all enjoying the holiday season, and Merry Christmas if it applies to you!

Much love for you all,
Lazy

Latest posts

Latest posts