What's new

Lazyman's 16KW Headbanger

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
i know this is probably a really stupid idea, but what are foxtails? haha just like giant nugs? thanks a lot.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Foxtails are when the bud produces these tail-shaped side shoots, I don't have any good pics of them at the moment but if you do a search here you can find threads dedicated to it. They are created by genetics, and in some strains overheating. They do make trimming harder!

Lazyman, every time I check this thread, I learn something new and feel inspired to improve my own room. Thank you for taking the time to document and post...:tiphat: I am convinced your days must have 36hrs by the amount of progress and work in such a short time. :respect:

In your experience do the CAP gro pots stated size match their actual size when filled with soil? Do they drain as well as the Smart Pot brand?

I have some fabric pots which I thought were identical to the Smart pots, but they seem to be made from fabric which is twice as thick/dense.

Since I seem to be the type of guy who enjoys splitting hair; this thicker fabric seems to stay soaking wet longer than the fabric used in the Smart pots I have in the garden, while simultaneously showing less than half the amount of roots poking through the fabric.

H

mrdizzle

the trim reaper is the shit bro, Ive had mine over a year, this does amazing job. I crush my trimming in one 15hr day, once a month with one other person and its fucking heaven,

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Lazyman, every time I check this thread, I learn something new and feel inspired to improve my own room. Thank you for taking the time to document and post...:tiphat: I am convinced your days must have 36hrs by the amount of progress and work in such a short time. :respect:

In your experience do the CAP gro pots stated size match their actual size when filled with soil? Do they drain as well as the Smart Pot brand?

I have some fabric pots which I thought were identical to the Smart pots, but they seem to be made from fabric which is twice as thick/dense.

Since I seem to be the type of guy who enjoys splitting hair; this thicker fabric seems to stay soaking wet longer than the fabric used in the Smart pots I have in the garden, while simultaneously showing less than half the amount of roots poking through the fabric.

H

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! You just made my day! Yep I work full time, run the basement grow, tend my ranch and work on my enormous backyard garden (3k square feet!) I tend to work 12-16 hours a day, 7 days a week. Gonna need a vacation here pretty soon, I'm beat! ;)
I do love to teach, maybe I should teach local grower classes or something, hehe.

So the GroPots, they seem to be made of the exact same material as Smartpots in my opinion, same thickness and weight, just taller/narrower, and with sewn-on side handles that look pretty sturdy. The 7g size is supposed to hold 5g of medium, so they use the same false advertising most pot-makers use.

I just saw they make them up to 300 gallon sizes now at least. Incidentally, Roots Organics biodegradable (ugh) pots now come in 600 and 1200G sizes!! Holy shit! It would take a freaking truckload to fill ONE of those!

I honestly wouldn't mind if they were thicker, to slow pot transpiration a bit. If the roots still manage to poke through they should work fine, that's the main point! Who made em?

Thanks again!
LM

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
WOW!!!!!!!
how do you like your ballasts? im in the market for the same ones

Love em, I've had 5 of those Quantums running nonstop for almost 2 years straight, and the other 11 have been running daily for 6 months with no hiccups. I haven't ever had a problem with a single one!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
the trim reaper is the shit bro, Ive had mine over a year, this does amazing job. I crush my trimming in one 15hr day, once a month with one other person and its fucking heaven,
\

Hell yeah, best trimmer on the market in my opinion. It's $1500 or so, but does the same job with the same speed of the $10K trimmers!

Hey lazyman great thread you got here!

Was wonderin if you could share a piece of advice with me
Do you think its OK to run 3ml/25gal of physan 20 4weeks into flower to take care of some brown algae in a ebb and flow system with hydroton?

If so, how far do you think you can go into flower before not using physan 20?

Thanks for the help!

Any ideas on how far into bloom its safe to use physan20?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I think that dosage of Physan should be fine at pretty much any phase, but I would only run it for one day then flush. See if that does the trick, if not repeat 3-5 days later once you've had time to assess damage to plants (if any) and health of the buckets.

Good luck, that oughtta do it!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
OK the chop is over halfway done, 27 plants down, 20 to go. Got 3 of 6 drying racks full, wait til you see the foxtails on the GS, some of the buds are JUST foxtails! I have a pic of one the size of a grapefruit that is nothing but foxtails, lol.

AOD2012

Veteran
Can't wait to see some of those pics. I can finally see what a foxtail is. Haha

[/QUOTE]
I honestly wouldn't mind if they were thicker, to slow pot transpiration a bit. If the roots still manage to poke through they should work fine, that's the main point! Who made em?

Thanks again!
LM[/QUOTE]

I was referring to Roots Organic branded pots, which were only $1.79ea(#2size) from horticulturesource.
It may be the increased volume compared to the Smart pots causing the differences in drainage/drying?

I can get more detailed, but I don't want to hijack your thread...

H

T

Teeg420

Hey lazy just had a smart meter installed do you think its a big deal? I assume PG&E just wants their money.

AOD2012

Veteran
what are these smart meter things i hear people talking about? do they like actually tell the company how much power you use at certain times or something?

dtfsux

what are these smart meter things i hear people talking about? do they like actually tell the company how much power you use at certain times or something?

I suggest you look this up.

But in short, a smart meter is like a computer that can track your exact usage 24/7. Not sure if it tracks to the hour, minute or second.

The main supposed purpose is for time billing where they charge higher rates during peak hours.

Also they can communicate back to the central office. So a meter reader does not have to come out to read the meter. In my area this is the biggest advantage they are marketing. Since its a co-op the savings are passed back to the user... blah blah

So now the power company knows how much you are using, when you are using it, and they don't even have to leave their cubicle

Lazy, I am interested to see what those final #'s are

SkizOflan

Laaazzy!

Stop being so god damn lazy and post some pics already!!! We are waaaaiting... I wanna see them foxtails brotha. Hope ur absence means you got more buds than you can handle, i sense a few upgrades to the room are in order hehe ;)

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran

Thanks again!
LM[/quote]

I was referring to Roots Organic branded pots, which were only $1.79ea(#2size) from horticulturesource.
It may be the increased volume compared to the Smart pots causing the differences in drainage/drying?

I can get more detailed, but I don't want to hijack your thread...

H[/quote]

Ah, watch out for those Roots Organics pots, since theyre biodegradable I've heard accounts of them splitting and rotting in less than a year. Not a good investment in my opinion.

Hey lazy just had a smart meter installed do you think its a big deal? I assume PG&E just wants their money.

No not a big deal, they are gonna do what they're gonna do, there is very little you can actually do about it. Pay your bill in full and on time and they don't care what you do with their "product."

Laaazzy!

Stop being so god damn lazy and post some pics already!!! We are waaaaiting... I wanna see them foxtails brotha. Hope ur absence means you got more buds than you can handle, i sense a few upgrades to the room are in order hehe ;)

Sorry man, had a scare with a sheriff dropping by for a possible-false-alarm, been laying low. Crop is still drying but might be done today, this was my last run of "not enough plants" so I doubt it will be anything worth getting excited about, probably 5-6#. I have some pics though, not all of them are uploaded yet (took about 60).

Been busy trying to kill gophers at home, they keep fucking up my lawn and more importantly, my veggie garden! Little bastards. I've tried traps, gas bombs, drowning, poison, and they still survive.

Anybody got any landmines I can borrow? lol
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=10350&pictureid=447986

Grape stompers about to come down:

Veg room:

Flowering:

Check this out, one of ~30 purple AK's that were vegged in a greenhouse for like 2 months, here's one at 2 weeks flower in a 5g smartpot:

Will upload more pix shortly, sorry for lagging guys!

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
YAY ILY lazy haha love the pics, those purple AKS sounds delicious
and also do you still have those true blue strain Dragon i think u called it or something? would love to see that if u got em :D

Latest posts

Latest posts