What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lazy Growing

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Henn, wrong thread lol, this one is over.
Hi Pack, let me know if you find yourself somewhere and remember to grab the glasses. I have some great 3d pics, I'll do a 3d thread if there's ever enough interest.
Now pop over to the 3 plus 3 =? thread.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Any type of bagged compost from the local garden centre or supermarket type of place thats good for growing veggies in, esp tomato grow bags. Cheap stuff, not the expensive stuff from hydro stores. Water comes from the tap, fairly steady ph of 7, probably full of water compnay chems etc though, as I dont filter it or let it stand for 24hours the way some do.

AinSophAur

Do you ever run into any nutrient deficiency or anything? What's your watering technique? Would be asking in PM if I could sorry. Maybe I'll move my questions to your 3+3 thread. Since you wont be updating this one anymore.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi ASA, no probs on the questions, I'll answer any you have here, I still have the thread tagged so it'll tell me when I need to post a reply. /in soil less than 10 litres, I do run into deffs about 5 weeks into flower. 15 or more tend to last until week 6 or so, when you want the plants to start going hungry anyway. Commercial growers would keep feeding until week 7 then start a flush, but you need to get that spot on, and for ease when starting out, it isn't necessary to feed em at all with the right soil. Just get used to seeing it do it itself first, then you can start the tweeks each grow after that.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GMT again."

ASA - the man's giving you the straight scoop! :canabis: Props GMT - you condense in a paragraph what sometimes takes a page. Love the way you cut to the quick :cool:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
15 litres or bigger. I have an 18 litre bucket and a couple of 20 litre tubs.

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
There is no way a thread this chalk full of great info should be on the 3rd page :nono:

Mr GreenJeans said:
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GMT again."
^ That's an all too familiar sentence here on IC :bat: can never give GMT enough rep

Just stoppin in to say High :wave: :smile: I won't ask you a million questions this time :biglaugh:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
hehe thanks TML, but this thread will be lost to the mists of time soon enough, like so many of the great threads here, to be replaced with: I have no males but my plants are seeded, have I made feminised seeds? , Do light leeks cause hermies?, and of course the classic, How do I ask this girl out? Would be nice to have an IC Archves forum to store the nice threads in.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
reefa cheefa :wave:
Have you seen the PBS program "This Old House"? This thread could be Ye Olde Hemp Home - great nuggets of helpful tips and valuable insights on every page.

3BM :wave:
If I can't do without a spliff long enough to feel her out on it, I pass :biglaugh:. High maintenance IMO. Other than that, it's all good if you have a good connection. To her as well as your garden :D

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I don't know, you buy a new home to move into, forward the change of address to everyone, and still they try to vissit ya at the old address lol. Come on over to the new place peeps, lots more room, and when everyone realises they are in the wrong house, and make their way over to the new one, the same old faces. Directions are easy, go down to the yellow/orange link below marked 3 plus 3 = ? and left mouse button it.

3BM: I wouldn't.
Reefa: Welcome, now come on over to the new place lol.
MGJ: Hi mate, I'll update the new thread (or redecorate the new place) at some point before the weekend, I know it's a little empty, and I know Sat Cats like to make their way back to old places, but I'll try to make it as cozy as this place.

I had to get the info in at the start of that new thread, just so I dont have to put it into each page after the first few, and I know some peeps will insist on calling anything with 3 per node a polyploid, and that will do my head in, but I'll try to just settle down into the day to day of it. Its just that with the "move" (a few will know what I'm talking about there) there arent any big plants to take pics of, and who wants to watch seedlings growing very slowly under a tiny number of flouro watts on a daily basis? So I'm trying to only update the new thread when there is a marked difference in the seedlings/young plants. Anyway, just reminding everyone that this thread is closed, I'm leaving it open because there may one day be someone who opens and wants to ask a specific question on something, otherwise I'd just ask a mod to lock it. So anyone who reads this and thinks about posting, please, unless its specific to this thread, post in the new thread. I'd love to hear from all of you. It's no fun talking to yourself, although that's never stopped me :)

N

NZjay

agreed. awesome thread!

SIMPLE is your middle name GMT? great work. K+ coming at ya..