What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lateral Root Growth

Anonimo88

Hi guys,
do you think this root will cause problems ..?

Also it seems to me that the leaves are too limp and dark .. I have read that it could be an excess of EC during the vegetative phase or, more likely, a lack of water ..

I state that I gave nutrients only through orange juice or lemon diluted in water .. 3 days ago, however, I did a bullshit, I know, nettles smoothie put to macerate but .. Before I put about 2ml of the smoothie water in the ground ..!

Another strong doubt are the sewing threads that I used to lift the leaves that otherwise touched the ground ..!

The temperature is always around 26, I will try to lower it slightly in the next few days, irrigation water measurements:
pH 6.2 on average
EC 0.70 on average

Grow: PC Case ..!
Soil: BioBizz Light Mix
Vase: Geotextile fabric
Humidity: on average 50% but when spraying on the walls of the PC and the fabric it rises slightly above 80%

Yesterday I also applied a slight LST on the main branch to start curving it and try to get the branches below to catch light soon.

Anonimo88

attachment.php

attachment.php

juagaerheld

Would you by chance recommend Superthrive? Some research elsewhere has suggested this may be good, and I can fortunately get it with amazon prime.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
My experience with Superthrive is it is snake oil and is a waste of time and money. 😎

Yep. I got frustrated and suspected it wasn't doing anything. After a side by side showed nothing noticeable, I made my own. Actually, the plant without superthrive did better. Under the scope, superthrive has zero life. It's nothing more than dead tea IMO.
Click image for larger version  Name:	z.png Views:	0 Size:	61.4 KB ID:	18002545

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Hi guys,
do you think this root will cause problems ..?

Also it seems to me that the leaves are too limp and dark .. I have read that it could be an excess of EC during the vegetative phase or, more likely, a lack of water ..

I state that I gave nutrients only through orange juice or lemon diluted in water .. 3 days ago, however, I did a bullshit, I know, nettles smoothie put to macerate but .. Before I put about 2ml of the smoothie water in the ground ..!

Another strong doubt are the sewing threads that I used to lift the leaves that otherwise touched the ground ..!

The temperature is always around 26, I will try to lower it slightly in the next few days, irrigation water measurements:
pH 6.2 on average
EC 0.70 on average

Grow: PC Case ..!
Soil: BioBizz Light Mix
Vase: Geotextile fabric
Humidity: on average 50% but when spraying on the walls of the PC and the fabric it rises slightly above 80%

Yesterday I also applied a slight LST on the main branch to start curving it and try to get the branches below to catch light soon.

Quit experimenting. If you want to add vitamins, wait until they get 4 or 5 nodes. You're gonna love them to death.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Superthrive hit the Bonsai scene some years back. As others have said it is snake oil.

Bonsai artists/botanists don't mess around with $300k+ trees. Someone got it analyzed and low and behold, it was nothing more than vitamin B and a few other insignificant compounds. It originated in California. Isn't free enterprise just grand? AAMOF, can't remember the dude's name, he stated it is cheaper to go to the pharmacy and get straight vitamin B than buy Superthrive.